I need more volume!

traceoflatetraceoflate Posts: 25Registered Users
So I really love huge, bouncy curls. Usually this isn't a problem except at the roots--which is still a problem I am trying to solve, so if you have any advice I would LOVE it-- but lately my curls seem to just be a little limp and shapeless.

I use a leave in, then a mousse, and finish with a gel while my hair is still wet from the shower (though I squeeze it so it isn't dripping and then scrunch the products in). After that I plop--or attempt to, as it hasn't been working very well lately--while I dress and do my makeup, and then I diffuse it until almost dry and finish with some hairspray so that when it dries I can scrunch some crunch out and get nice, defined curls.

I am going to get a haircut after Christmas to make sure my hair is falling correctly, but any advice aside from that?

Oh, and Happy Holidays! Thanks!
Mostly 3a with some 2c.
Medium texture and THICK.
Low poo: Aubrey Organics J.A.Y. Desert Herb
Co-wash: V05 Blackberry Sage Tea
Rinse out/Leave in: GTTTT

Stylers: DevaCurl AnGEL, L.A. Looks, HESMU

Mod-CG since November '09!

Comments

• Just KimmieJust Kimmie Posts: 116Registered Users
    I've been trying the Curlisto method (you see ads for it at left), EXCEPT when using the duckbill clips, I put them in at a 90-degree angle to the direction of my hair growth, instead of the way they show you how to do it. Helps hold the roots up while you dry, and it seems to work for me.

Hope that helps.
    Hair Type: 2B/3A hybrid, I believe. Had it short for about 5 years, and have since let it grow. Layers have brought out the curl...and I haven't gone 'straight' since!

http://public.fotki.com/Kimmie7448/curls-rule/
  • msgibletmsgiblet Posts: 5,825Registered Users
    A leave-in, mousse and a gel might be too much and could be weighing your hair down. I know I get a lot more volume if I go lighter on the products.
    http://public.fotki.com/msgiblet/ - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11
    Fine, Thick, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Countess Balashi of Divi Beach in the Order of the Curly Crusaders :occasion5:

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file