they got her a giraffe for christmas!

subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
a couple who are friend's of my SO gave majerle her christmas present last night....they adopted a giraffe from the lincoln park zoo in her name! she has this cute little packet of information about giraffes, a picture of her giraffe, a stuffed animal giraffe and a sticker.

im happy for her (and the giraffe does match her room theme) but this is going to make the bubble machine i bought look like poo. we cant compete with a giraffe!! just wanted to share our little one's very special 1st christmas present.

freakin giraffe how can i ever top that??? smile.gif

Comments

• picklesgirlpicklesgirl Posts: 1,955Registered Users
    what a cool gift
  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    Very cool!!! :blob7:
  • iris427iris427 Posts: 6,002Registered Users
    Great gift! (I work at a zoo though so I'm biased. Our animal adoptions are a great fundraiser).

I think the adoptions typically last only one year and then you have to readopt. Is that how this one works? If so, she's not going to remember getting this one since she's so young, and then you can steal the idea :)
    3027585431_55b6195e50_s.jpg3028374752_0df4d81a1b_s.jpg3028422696_8dcef38baa_s.jpg
    TickerTicker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=29&CT=&CG=F&O=m_nestbirds&T=t_b14&D=20080913&M1=&D1=2009&T2=&T1=Baby+Iris&CC=0&CO=&step=5&radio=A
  • subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    iris427 wrote: »
    Great gift! (I work at a zoo though so I'm biased. Our animal adoptions are a great fundraiser).

I think the adoptions typically last only one year and then you have to readopt. Is that how this one works? If so, she's not going to remember getting this one since she's so young, and then you can steal the idea :)

i think it lasts for one year...we're going to put the giraffe's photo in a frame. thats the closest thing to a sibling she'll be having for a long time!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file