Artec Textureline Volume Gel

2poodles2poodles Posts: 2,485Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
Anyone discover this yet? I picked it up at Ulta yesterday and tried it this morning. It comes in an 8.4 bottle with a pump. I CO- washed with Suave CO, then used RC conditioner and a dab of GF C&S leave-in, then 2 pumps of this Artec Textureline Volume Gel. Fantastic combo!! I have bouncy, well-defined soft curls (only minimal crunch to scrunch) and no frizz!

Let me know if you've tried it and if it continues to work beyond the first day! :wink:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2Poodles :flower: Southeast PA
fine, med porosity, normal elasticity
Currently using the following 2 - 3 x/week:
Living Proof Perfect Hair Day suphate-free Poo, cone-free CO and styling treatment, plus KCCC

Comments

• msgibletmsgiblet Posts: 5,825Registered Users
    Is it CG friendly?
    http://public.fotki.com/msgiblet/ - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11
    Fine, Thick, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Countess Balashi of Divi Beach in the Order of the Curly Crusaders :occasion5:

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • 2poodles2poodles Posts: 2,485Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I tried to find the ingredients posted online so I wouldn't have to type them in, but no such luck. Perhaps this is newly reformulated? At any rate, I think it's CG-friendly. No 'cones anyway.

Here's the ingredients:

Aqua, VP/VA copolymer, amp-acrylates/allyl methacrylate coploymer, propylene glycol, ceteareth-25, hydroxy-propyl guar, hydroxyethylcellulose, parfum, methyl gluceth-20, methylparaben, acrylates/ beheneth-25 methacrylate copolymer, DMDM hydantoin, limonene, ethylparaben, potassium sorbate, triethanolamine, pathenol, disodium EDTA, Linalool, wheat amino acids, hydrolyzed soy protein, oleth-10, benzophenone -4, disodium cocoamphodiodipropionate, bezyl alcohol, citral, octylacrylamide/acrylates/butylaminoethyl methacrylate copolymer, phenoxyethanol, prunus persica extract, lecithin, phosphoric acid, polyquaternum-10. And there's a bunch of patents.

Lots of ingredients, but still smells light and peachy - and the fragrance does dissipate.

The blurb on the bottle says: "Patented body memory technology plus peach extract provide lasting volume, frizz control and shine to all hair types. Unique gel system combines flexible yet holding polymers for added movement and body. Weightless blow dry gel for wet hair. Adds volume and shine to all hair, especially fine and limp."

I must say it really did work beautifully for me yesterday. This morning my hair is still full and soft. I did comb it out this morning - my usual day 2 practice - and I'm left with soft, shiny waves. I like it!
    Living Proof Perfect Hair Day suphate-free Poo, cone-free CO and styling treatment, plus KCCC

• jada1111jada1111 Posts: 829Registered Users
    I may purchase this. I'm always on the lookout for good gels to alternate with.
    Jada1111

HAIR TYPE: 4a all over/3c around nape/edges; Last relaxer -4/4/02; Big chop - 4/16/03

http://public.fotki.com/jada1111/
    PW: flower
  • msgibletmsgiblet Posts: 5,825Registered Users
    2poodles wrote: »
    I tried to find the ingredients posted online so I wouldn't have to type them in, but no such luck. Perhaps this is newly reformulated? At any rate, I think it's CG-friendly. No 'cones anyway.

Here's the ingredients:

Aqua, VP/VA copolymer, amp-acrylates/allyl methacrylate coploymer, propylene glycol, ceteareth-25, hydroxy-propyl guar, hydroxyethylcellulose, parfum, methyl gluceth-20, methylparaben, acrylates/ beheneth-25 methacrylate copolymer, DMDM hydantoin, limonene, ethylparaben, potassium sorbate, triethanolamine, pathenol, disodium EDTA, Linalool, wheat amino acids, hydrolyzed soy protein, oleth-10, benzophenone -4, disodium cocoamphodiodipropionate, bezyl alcohol, citral, octylacrylamide/acrylates/butylaminoethyl methacrylate copolymer, phenoxyethanol, prunus persica extract, lecithin, phosphoric acid, polyquaternum-10. And there's a bunch of patents.

Lots of ingredients, but still smells light and peachy - and the fragrance does dissipate.

The blurb on the bottle says: "Patented body memory technology plus peach extract provide lasting volume, frizz control and shine to all hair types. Unique gel system combines flexible yet holding polymers for added movement and body. Weightless blow dry gel for wet hair. Adds volume and shine to all hair, especially fine and limp."

I must say it really did work beautifully for me yesterday. This morning my hair is still full and soft. I did comb it out this morning - my usual day 2 practice - and I'm left with soft, shiny waves. I like it!

Yep, looks CG to me, too, AND it has peach in it which my hair loves, so looks I'll have to be checking this one out.
    http://public.fotki.com/msgiblet/ - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11
    Fine, Thick, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Countess Balashi of Divi Beach in the Order of the Curly Crusaders :occasion5:

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mysteryflavoredmysteryflavored Posts: 1,271Registered Users Curl Novice
    Why is wheat protein in EVERYTHING? :thumbdown:
  • icequeenicequeen Posts: 590Registered Users
    Has this been discontinued? I found it today at Trade Secrets but didn't like the price. The clerk also stated they were changing packaging on many of the products. I went online and keep finding comments about it being discontinued. It sounds great but don't want to buy it if it's going to be gone.
    3a Colored, Layered
    Currently loving:
    Cond: CJ Strengthing, Marie Dean, CJ Curl Rehab
    Leave -In: Marie Dean Red Clover, Coconut Lime Detangler and just about the entire line, CJ Rehab
    Gelly: UFDCM, Paul Brown Geletine Goo
    Towel - HG - Curls Like Us

Always use the "Icequeen" method for products
  • 2poodles2poodles Posts: 2,485Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I think the one I found may be the new one. At any rate, it's not the one that I've seen before. I suppose time will tell. I do like it, but it's not a HG for me. I tend to have to rotate products - which suits me just fine since I love to try new things!

I purchased this one, because the Control Gel is discontinued.

I'll try it sometime over the weekend or my next day off from work. I can't afford to experiment with new products when I have to work and my hair doesn't act right.
    Jada1111

HAIR TYPE: 4a all over/3c around nape/edges; Last relaxer -4/4/02; Big chop - 4/16/03

This is a wonderful gel! I'm glad I tried it.

I had perfectly defined, shiney, frizz-free coils. I'll be alternating it with Abba Nourishing Pure Volume Gel.
    Jada1111

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file