ACV Rinses

jsocurleighjsocurleigh Posts: 265Registered Users
Is it possible to do these too often?

Every time I co-wash, which is nearly daily, I feel the need to pour ACV all over my head. It feels clean like what an SLS poo does but without the dryness. I noticed it pulls the color out of my hair which is fine because it's too dark anyway but I was wondering if anyone has experienced anything adverse from doing this frequently.
*AVEDA Cosmetology Graduate*
*DEVA Trained Stylist*

4a*reformed PJ* mixologist*twistologist*extremely hair obsessed
Twitter/@JayeEllis

Comments

• curlicurli Posts: 857Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Is it possible to do these too often?

Every time I co-wash, which is nearly daily, I feel the need to pour ACV all over my head. It feels clean like what an SLS poo does but without the dryness. I noticed it pulls the color out of my hair which is fine because it's too dark anyway but I was wondering if anyone has experienced anything adverse from doing this frequently.

I don't know about the other curlies but, too much ACV in my hair is no good. I would do one maybe two a week if that. Try to alternate between ACV & Baking soda & see what happens. Also, if you're getting too much build-up maybe you're appliyng too much product?
  • jsocurleighjsocurleigh Posts: 265Registered Users
    I'm so addicted to messing with my hair, product doesn't get a chance to build up. I just like the way ACV feels, baking soda seems like too much work, with acv there's no mixing, I just dump it over my head in the shower lol. Have you done Baking soda Curli?
    *AVEDA Cosmetology Graduate*
    *DEVA Trained Stylist*

4a*reformed PJ* mixologist*twistologist*extremely hair obsessed
    Twitter/@JayeEllis
  • curlicurli Posts: 857Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'm so addicted to messing with my hair, product doesn't get a chance to build up. I just like the way ACV feels, baking soda seems like too much work, with acv there's no mixing, I just dump it over my head in the shower lol. Have you done Baking soda Curli?

I haven't done baking soda because I use henna so often that I poo maybe 2x a month so theres no need. I might try when I take my braids out.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file