Attack of the frizz! I need help!

curlyxo10curlyxo10 Posts: 64Registered Users
Hey fellow curlies, im new and im a 3a/3b. I need names of products that will control those frizzys but give my curls definition. Any ideas?

Comments

• curlyxo10curlyxo10 Posts: 64Registered Users
    Thank you.

im trying to get my parents to buy it! =]
  • WOAH.hairWOAH.hair Posts: 23Registered Users
    good luck convincing your parents. my mom doesn't understand anything about curly hair. she still thinks i should shampoo and brush my hair. it is so0o FRUSTRATING. so i am limited to drugstore products and my mom thinks i brush my hair nd stuff.. turns out shampoo makes a good soap/shaving cream. LOL!
  • l.deonl.deon Posts: 235Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Hi Curly girls! There is a drugstore alternative to [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curly-Hair-Solutions-Curl-Keeper-p-28.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=curly-hair-solutions-curl-keeper]Curl Keeper[/buylink]. I have both and they work just the same. It's called Easy Straight Flat iron finish. I bought mine at Walgreens (9$). I hear they have it at Ulta as well. It is the same consistency and everything. I love it for reducing my frizz.

HTH
    Latoya~
    3B Mod CG
    Medium texture/ Normal to low porosity / High density

Current Routine:

Shampoo- GTTT, GVP Paul Mitchell Tea tree Shampoo or ACV/ Baking soda (once a week)
    Co wash- Trader Joes Nourish Spa
    Leave in- Shea Moisture Shea Butter leave- in, Elucence
    Gel- BRHG

Holy grail combo Feb 2013: ISO Bouncy Creme with BRHG on top! :blob3:
  • curlyxo10curlyxo10 Posts: 64Registered Users
    My mom dosent understand how much I need to condition. I need store products. Anymore Ideas?
    like walgreens,
    target
  • mirdreamsmirdreams Posts: 23Registered Users
    My mom was the same way when I was in High School. She told me I should only condition the ends! Needless to say I felt at times like my hair was trying to eat my brain. I have some good drugstore brands for you, two of which I've been using since senior year of high school and live in fear of them ever stopping production: LA Looks Frizz Control Gel and as a leave-in Lucky Kentucky Conditioner (I've also used Tail N Mane). The LA Looks can be a little crunchy if you use too much and if you don't put it over the conditioner. The Lucky Kentucky and the Tail N Mane were both originally developed for horses but you can find them in drugstores and Walmart. They're very thick and protein rich, which is exactly what my hair loves. Another drugstore love of mine is VO5's Kiwi and Lime Clarifying Conditioner (it's a light green) which is like a dollar most of the time and makes a great "shampoo" because it does cleanse off build-up without drying out your hair. My favorite detangler is Pantene Pro V's Red Expressions, but I expect you can pick which ever Expression fits your hair color :wink:. After you shampoo use the Pantene on half your hair, comb it out with a wide tooth comb under warm water, then do the other half of your hair. Try to touch it as little as possible after you've gotten the tangles out and it should form lovely smooth curls. All of these are less than 5 bucks and you can get all of them at Walmart or Target.

Please note these work for me 'cause my hair likes to be weighed down. If yours likes light products the Lucky Kentucky and the Pantene would probbly be poor choices.
    3B, No Shampoo Since 2002, Brown w/ Redish Highlights, Butt Length when wet
    Routine:"Shampoo": DevaRed No-Poo (Occasional Low-Poo), Detangler: Pantene Pro-V Red Expressions (Wide Tooth Comb with detangler in), Leave-in: Lucky Kentucky Conditioner, Gel: LA Looks Frizz Control (Plop with leave-in then Gel then put it on the top of my head Pebbles Flintstone style with a bead scrunchie. Wrap with Micro-Fiber Towel for a while then take towel off and go to bed.)
  • mirdreamsmirdreams Posts: 23Registered Users
    You should also check out this thread for budget CG products: http://www.naturallycurly.com//curltalk/showthread.php?t=28711.
    3B, No Shampoo Since 2002, Brown w/ Redish Highlights, Butt Length when wet
    Routine:"Shampoo": DevaRed No-Poo (Occasional Low-Poo), Detangler: Pantene Pro-V Red Expressions (Wide Tooth Comb with detangler in), Leave-in: Lucky Kentucky Conditioner, Gel: LA Looks Frizz Control (Plop with leave-in then Gel then put it on the top of my head Pebbles Flintstone style with a bead scrunchie. Wrap with Micro-Fiber Towel for a while then take towel off and go to bed.)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file