Lucas Ryne - With Photo!

CurlieGlamourGirlieCurlieGlamourGirlie Posts: 1,198Registered Users
Thanks for all the well wishes and congrats guys! He's a delicious little man.

Long story short - I was in labor from 9:30 a.m. on. I was doing well - using the exercise ball, walking around, eating lightly and lots of fluids. By 7:30 p.m. my contractions were 3 minutes apart and the dr. told us to go to the hospital. By the time we got there, I was in agony. The pain was so bad that I was vomitting pretty badly. So I had to ask for an epidural. Once I got that, the pain was gone and I just tried to reserve my strength for pushing. But I got to 8 cm and didn't progress for a few hours, so the dr. wanted to do a c-section. I wasn't thrilled, but in my heart I felt it was the right thing to do for the baby's safety. C-section went well (a little scary, but hey, what surgery isn't?) and Lucas was born at 6:46 a.m. Friday, December 14. He had a little trouble transitioning and was in the NICU for 5 hours, but then joined us in our room and was kissed and hugged!

He's nursing really well and is a tough little guy - lifts his head up to look at everything and changing him is like a wrestling match. We couldn't be happier and are just absolutely blessed!!!

Edited also to add - he was 7lb 8 oz!!!

707834591209_0_ALB.jpg
3b (I think!)
HGs - Suave Nexxus Knockoff, Jessicurl Weekly DT, L'Oreal Out of Bed, HESMU.
http://public.fotki.com/CurlyGlamourGirlie
http://curlyglamourgirlie.blogspot.com

Comments

• WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    Beautiful!
    I know you're glad it's over & now the fun really begins! :wink:
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Ah...I just love a fresh new baby. He's adorable.

Sounds like he might have been a little bit malpositioned. That's generally the case if you can get to 7-8 cms and then stall out. An epidural with a malpositioned baby is pretty much a recipe for c-sec, because an epidural causes a deep relaxation of the uterine muscle and baby can't really turn after that and if they can't turn, they can't get out. It's just the nature of epidurals and labor.

I'm glad your baby is here and healthy and that you're recovering well. Take it easy and be good to yourself. It takes a while to feel back to yourself. Enjoy getting to know each other.
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    How much did he weigh? I don't think you mentioned in this or the other thread.
  • geekygeeky Posts: 4,995Registered Users
    Why can't I see the picture :(
    To Trenell, MizKerri and geeky:
    I pray none of you ever has to live in a communist state.

Geeky is my hero. She's the true badass. The badass who doesn't even need to be a badass. There aren't enough O's in cool to describe her.
  • realisticrealistic Posts: 2,222Registered Users Curl Novice
    Congratulations! All these new births are making me want another one.

(I can't see your picture either)
    Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth. I sat at a table where were rich food and wine in abundance, and obsequious attendance, but sincerity and truth were not;
    and I went away hungry from the inhospitable board.
    -Henry David Thoreau
  • curly_keltiecurly_keltie Posts: 791Registered Users
    Congratulations!

Your labour/birth story sounds so similar to mine it's scary. By the time I got to the hospital, my contractions also made me vomit. I also progressed to 8 cm and then wound up with a c-section.

Anyway - enjoy your first Christmas with your sweet little Lucas!
    Long, blonde, 3a/mostly b hair.

78Da.jpg78Dam6.png
  • marielle448marielle448 Posts: 1,823Registered Users
    congratulations! I can't see the pic either but hope you're enjoying your babymoon.
  • NetGNetG Posts: 8,116Registered Users
    Congratulations!

I have to ask - are you Cubs fans by any chance? ;)
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
  • SigiSigi Posts: 2,379Registered Users
    Awww, how precious! Congratulations!
  • rainshowerrainshower Posts: 4,420Registered Users
    Thanks for all the well wishes and congrats guys! He's a delicious little man.

Long story short - I was in labor from 9:30 a.m. on. I was doing well - using the exercise ball, walking around, eating lightly and lots of fluids. By 7:30 p.m. my contractions were 3 minutes apart and the dr. told us to go to the hospital. By the time we got there, I was in agony. The pain was so bad that I was vomitting pretty badly. So I had to ask for an epidural. Once I got that, the pain was gone and I just tried to reserve my strength for pushing. But I got to 8 cm and didn't progress for a few hours, so the dr. wanted to do a c-section. I wasn't thrilled, but in my heart I felt it was the right thing to do for the baby's safety. C-section went well (a little scary, but hey, what surgery isn't?) and Lucas was born at 6:46 a.m. Friday, December 14. He had a little trouble transitioning and was in the NICU for 5 hours, but then joined us in our room and was kissed and hugged!

He's nursing really well and is a tough little guy - lifts his head up to look at everything and changing him is like a wrestling match. We couldn't be happier and are just absolutely blessed!!!

707834591209_0_ALB.jpg

Edited also to add - he was 7lb 8 oz!!!

707834591209_0_ALB.jpg

adorable. congratulations! our first born was also 7.8 lb!
    "Dogs stink too, but I like dog stink." ~ rileyb
  • CurlieGlamourGirlieCurlieGlamourGirlie Posts: 1,198Registered Users
    NetG wrote: »
    Congratulations!

I have to ask - are you Cubs fans by any chance? ;)

Yup! Daddy is originally from Chicago. So we had either Ted Sandberg or Lucas Ryne!!
    3b (I think!)
  • NetGNetG Posts: 8,116Registered Users
    Hahaha. I love it! I think you picked the name I prefer!
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
  • CGNYCCGNYC Posts: 4,938Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    He's beautiful and so tiny.
  • cosmicflycosmicfly Posts: 1,814Registered Users
    What a beautiful boy! I'm getting kind of excited to have a newborn again...
  • iris427iris427 Posts: 6,002Registered Users
    I don't see the picture either (but I'm sure it's cute!)
    3027585431_55b6195e50_s.jpg3028374752_0df4d81a1b_s.jpg3028422696_8dcef38baa_s.jpg
    TickerTicker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=29&CT=&CG=F&O=m_nestbirds&T=t_b14&D=20080913&M1=&D1=2009&T2=&T1=Baby+Iris&CC=0&CO=&step=5&radio=A
  • wavezncurlzwavezncurlz Posts: 1,814Registered Users
    Yay! All our December babies are making their appearances!

He is too cute!
    HAIRCOLLAGE2010-1-1.jpg[

mini-album w/ various styles for the past 10 years of natural hair:
    http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c252/wavezncurlz/hair/
    password: curlzorwavez
  • ZinniaZinnia Posts: 7,339Registered Users
    congratulations! :occasion9:

can you please repost the photo? i wanna see!
    Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin
  • DarkAngelDarkAngel Posts: 2,671Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I can't see the pic but congrats and welcome to him!
    image.php?type=2&o=5&c=1&date=2009-10-07&babyname=Sebastian

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -- Theodor Seuss Geisel
    CurlieGlamourGirl, can you post a link to the picture for those of us who can't see the picture in the thread? We would also like to see your beautiful baby :)
    3027585431_55b6195e50_s.jpg3028374752_0df4d81a1b_s.jpg3028422696_8dcef38baa_s.jpg
    TickerTicker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=29&CT=&CG=F&O=m_nestbirds&T=t_b14&D=20080913&M1=&D1=2009&T2=&T1=Baby+Iris&CC=0&CO=&step=5&radio=A
  • KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    You guys look adorable!
    iris427 wrote: »
    CurlieGlamourGirl, can you post a link to the picture for those of us who can't see the picture in the thread? We would also like to see your beautiful baby :)

I couldn't see it at first either, so i right clicked on the red X, clicked properties, and copied and pasted the address into my browser window. Now, I see it when I come back to the thread.
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
    hmmm....i don't even see a red X.
    Windflower wrote: »
    hmmm....i don't even see a red X.

Me either :(

I think it's a quirk with the new board
  • Brown_Eyed_GirlBrown_Eyed_Girl Posts: 1,353Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Bailey422 wrote: »
    I couldn't see it at first either, so i right clicked on the red X, clicked properties, and copied and pasted the address into my browser window. Now, I see it when I come back to the thread.

This worked for me. (Thanks, Bailey!)

Seeing all these adorable babies makes me so excited to meet mine!
  • solangesolange Posts: 2,539Registered Users
    Aww!! I am getting teary eyed reading this. I am soooo happy for you!!! This is the best news!!
    3C, BSL Unstretched -
    finally saw the baby! so cute!

i had to use Safari instead of Firefox.
  • picklesgirlpicklesgirl Posts: 1,955Registered Users
    Congrats on the baby but I can't see the picture.. Glad to hear everything is ok
  • CurlieGlamourGirlieCurlieGlamourGirlie Posts: 1,198Registered Users
    Thanks guys! He's just delicious!

The picture is also on my blog, which is in my signature line!
    3b (I think!)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file