Flat shipping rate?

kdcreighkdcreigh Registered Users Posts: 736
Has Curlmart considered going to a flat shipping rate? As I'm sure you know, flat shipping options are available through the US Post Office and UPS.

I typically throw products that I'm interested in purchasing into my Curlmart shopping cart, but I haven't made a purchase lately because the shipping charges seem high, especially compared to other, smaller online companies. Right now I have 4 items in my cart worth $55 dollars. The shipping charge on these is $15.45! :scratch: These items could easily fit into a small USPS flat rate shipping box.
YES WE CAN!

kdcreigh 4a and b (who knows?:dontknow:)

Relegated to occasional lurking in order to keep the PJ in check!
:lurk:

http://public.fotki.com/kdcreigh/
PW: natural

Comments

• GretchenGretchen Administrator Moderators Posts: 10,840 Curl Virtuoso
    Unfortunately, with the price of gas going up, so have shipping costs. But we are aware that it's an issue, and are working on various ideas.

We always refund overage if the cart charges way too much.

We'd love to do flat rate across the board, but it's impossible for the cart to know what will fit into one of those boxes. Someone could order 6 liters of something, and then we'd be in doo-doo.
    We'll keep working on it, though.

We have compared USPS to UPS and FedEx home, and USPS is the cheapest and fastest, believe it or not!

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • alisons79alisons79 Registered Users Posts: 680
    Would there be a way to "rate" the size of something and then set the computer to only allow so much into one box? Like a really small item such as a headband can be rated as a 1 and then a small container of pomade a 2, an 8 oz bottle of something 3, etc, etc. Then set the allotment of a flat rate box to be 8 or 10 or whatever works best. That way a bunch of smaller items can be set as cheaply as possible Chances are, if you're ordering 6 liters of something at one time, you won't be too worried about the shipping costs that come along with it.:)
    3A/3B
    I love Jessicurl HCC, Jessicurl Too Shea, KCKT, KCCC, CK and HESMU...but it took a LOT of trial error to get to these products that consistently work for ME.
  • kdcreighkdcreigh Registered Users Posts: 736
    Gretchen wrote: »
    Unfortunately, with the price of gas going up, so have shipping costs. But we are aware that it's an issue, and are working on various ideas.

We'd love to do flat rate across the board, but it's impossible for the cart to know what will fit into one of those boxes. Someone could order 6 liters of something, and then we'd be in doo-doo.

We have compared USPS to UPS and FedEx home, and USPS is the cheapest and fastest, believe it or not!

Gretchen,

Thank you for your response.
    YES WE CAN!

kdcreigh 4a and b (who knows?:dontknow:)

Relegated to occasional lurking in order to keep the PJ in check!
    :lurk:

http://public.fotki.com/kdcreigh/
    PW: natural
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Moderators Posts: 10,840 Curl Virtuoso
    alisons79 wrote: »
    Would there be a way to "rate" the size of something and then set the computer to only allow so much into one box? Like a really small item such as a headband can be rated as a 1 and then a small container of pomade a 2, an 8 oz bottle of something 3, etc, etc. Then set the allotment of a flat rate box to be 8 or 10 or whatever works best. That way a bunch of smaller items can be set as cheaply as possible Chances are, if you're ordering 6 liters of something at one time, you won't be too worried about the shipping costs that come along with it.:)

Our shopping cart isn't this smart, alas!

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • mailgirlmailgirl Registered Users Posts: 451
    Gretchen wrote: »

I believe it. I work for the PO.
    3a/3b/3c/36D

May the hair gods shine on me (and you!).

My silly veggie blog: vegefattien

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file