Textured Tresses by Diane da Costa

OldSoulOldSoul Registered Users Posts: 268
Anybody read this? What did you think (overall)? What do you think about her product reqs?
The poster formerly known as JCrysy
:::::::::::::::::
Mostly 4a-} OS spongy

Current faves: Trader Joe's Nourish, Suave Color Care Co, Abba Nourishing, FOTE AVG, Taliah Waajid mist bodifier

Comments

• curiouscurliecuriouscurlie Registered Users Posts: 6
    I don't know if am the best person to be commenting. I just recently started the CG program and still have not gotten a good grasp on it yet. I found some things in contrast with the CG program (i.e. alot of the products sugestd have cones and sulfates. One thing is for sure that can better identify my hair type when I saw the model with the very curly hair, I said " Oh my God that woman has hair just like mine." I have tried some of the styling sugesstions and found the directions on some styles a little difficult to grasp - but I am no where near a professional hairstylist.
  • cheleskilovecheleskilove Registered Users Posts: 79
    a great addition to your library. I glance at it many times a week for reminders etc.Not great on directing hairstyles-but great background on maintenance.
    IN HIM

Michele

transition journey began 3/04
    chemical free journey began 1/05 with BC AT 2-4 INCHES
    as of August 6-10inches..making progress
  • OldSoulOldSoul Registered Users Posts: 268
    I thought is was pretty good. I was happy for the product recommendations, although I don't know how I feel about them. I tested aveda elixir and humectant pomade. They both conditioned and moisturized my hair well, maybe too well. I had minimal definition. I think I need a heavier leave-in to achieve the definition that I like. I felt the book was written well. I would have appreciated more models and style direction for very curly hair. It made me feel good to find a model that I identified with so well (very curly model). She seems to focus on moisture than anything.
    The poster formerly known as JCrysy
    :::::::::::::::::
    Mostly 4a-} OS spongy

Current faves: Trader Joe's Nourish, Suave Color Care Co, Abba Nourishing, FOTE AVG, Taliah Waajid mist bodifier
  • msgdfx1msgdfx1 Registered Users Posts: 106
    I, too, found the book informative about various hair types and product recommendations. There were a few hair recipes. A lot of pictures with directions on how to achieve the styles. She recommends that you work with your hair stylist on conditioning your hair and various hair styles. A good reference book, I think.
    3C and natural for 5 years:angel10:.
  • DocDoc Registered Users Posts: 367
    I own this book and it's a good introduction to natural hair care, but truthfully, the information I get here is better, so you all keep the informatiion coming! :lol:
    Dense kinky-curly; healthy and growing strong!
  • travelgirltravelgirl Registered Users Posts: 71
    I actually have the book myself, I didn't find it to be as good as some of the other books that I have read. I was able to get some styling tips but I found that some of the products that she suggest doesn't work well with my hair. I would have like better close up pictures of the models hair especially when she is describing hair types
    BC: 03/26/05
    CW and no oil
    O with some S

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file