Good inexpensive low poo for wavies?

LilyWavesLilyWaves Posts: 224Registered Users
I really don't want to pay $16 + shipping for Devacare LowPoo, especially since I've never tried going low poo before. My roots get oily quickly and I've been washing with PM One everyday or every other day, so I don't think I could use a no poo or co-wash. Any suggestions?

Also, on the days you straighten, do you notice any difference in your hair once using a low poo instead of regular shampoos?
2b
conditioner - AOHR
shampoo - Beauty Without Cruelty Rosemary Mint Tea Tree
styling products - KCCC, BRHG, Boots Curl Creme, Re:coil

Comments

• echokittenechokitten Posts: 1,751Registered Users
    I have used Tints of Nature poo found at Whole Foods, and also Trader Joe's Refresh and Nourish poos are low poos I believe, and very cheap at that.
    Cincinnati Ohio>>>Coarse protein sensitive 3a, Jessicurl WDT as a leave in, Biotera gel, White Boots, PW= coffeecurls

"Man tries to exaggerate what nature has given him," Charles Darwin (1809-1882).

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -Sophia Loren
  • linda_mlinda_m Posts: 211Registered Users
    Johnson and Johnson baby shampoo. (You can always use it as a body wash, if you don't like it for your hair :icon_smile:). Here are the ingredients: Water, PEG 80 Sorbitan Laurate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Glycerin, Lauroamphoglycinate, PEG 150 Distearate, Sodium Laureth 13 Carboxylate, Fragrance, Polyquaternium 10, Tetrasodium EDTA, Quaternium 15, Citric Acid, D&C Yellow 10, D&C Orange 4
    Couple of inches past shoulder length 3A. Shampoo every 3rd or 4th day w/ baby shampoo; Tigi Fashionista conditioner; back to Condition 3-in-1 mousse . Alternate days water rinse, conditioner and mousse.
  • LilyWavesLilyWaves Posts: 224Registered Users
    Thanks a lot!
    2b
    conditioner - AOHR
    shampoo - Beauty Without Cruelty Rosemary Mint Tea Tree
    styling products - KCCC, BRHG, Boots Curl Creme, Re:coil
  • CarolinaCurlCarolinaCurl Posts: 12Registered Users
    I use a citrus one from Trader Joe's. It was under $4, and works just wonderfully! I can't remember the exact name just now, but it shouldn't be hard to find.
    Loving the beautiful world of CG! I think I have 2C/3A hair which is desperately aspiring to be a springy 3A. Maybe I'll get there some day!
  • JamieVJamieV Posts: 158Registered Users
    I highly recommend the sulfate free poo by Giovanni called Triple Tea Treat (I bought it at the health food store) I can't remember for sure but I think it was around $7.
    I am a wavy and I also have [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/DevaCurl-LowPoo-p-54.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=devacurl-devacurl-lowpoo]Devacurl Low-poo[/buylink]. The Giovanni stuff is amazing. It works so well and after I use it (on my roots only) my hair has more curl on those days as opposed to the days I use the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/DevaCurl-LowPoo-p-54.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=devacurl-devacurl-lowpoo]Devacurl Low-Poo[/buylink]. And it smells wonderul (pepperminty) and clean.
    There is a condish too but I didn't know it was CG friendly till just recently.
    Anyway, coming from this wavy girl-the Triple Tea Treat totally rules! (I have seen it online too, even amazon, but you should be able to find it at your local health food store)
    2c thick, heavy waves. Started CG (lo poo) in July '07. before that I straightened it and used hot rollers for years. pw wavy

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file