HE Totally Twisted CSG???

momo7momo7 Posts: 478Registered Users
I just purchased the Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Curl Scrunching Gel. Has anyone ever used this product? If so what were your results??? Im apprehensive about trying it...

I was using the HE Body Envy gel for weeks and it just flakes TOO much....even when I use a very small amount....I hate having that gross white gel residue on my head!!! Plus it has alcohol :(

I think I just found out that the Totally Twisted has alcohol as well :cry: after looking up the word: Laureth-23 :angry7:

I feel so lost right now :sad5:

Comments

• legette68legette68 Posts: 216Registered Users
    Hi, I have tried Totally Twisted and Body Envy and hate both. Totally Twisted did not give me enough hold and Body Envy was too dry for my hair. I guess it was the alcohol. However, I LOVE Set Me Up. Gives great hold and clump and does not dry out my hair.
    Thick, coarse 3C hair:coffee:
    BC Feb 2009/ relaxer free since 06/08
    Second time around!

http://public.fotki.com/legette68
  • momo7momo7 Posts: 478Registered Users
    legette68 wrote: »
    Hi, I have tried Totally Twisted and Body Envy and hate both. Totally Twisted did not give me enough hold and Body Envy was too dry for my hair. I guess it was the alcohol. However, I LOVE Set Me Up. Gives great hold and clump and does not dry out my hair.

Thank you very much for the reply!!!

Are you talking about the Set Me Up Max Hold gel or just the entire Set Me Up HE line? I looked up Set Me Up line and the Max Hold gel. The max hold gel had Laureth-23 and B alcohol...so it's kinda odd that u like that one. Does it give u white flakes?..the HE BE gives me a ton of flakey stuff!!! I was gonna buy the HE SMU MH gel yesterday but saw the B alcohol and put it back. However, with your reviews and after I googled it, I saw nothing but good reviews about it!!! I think I'm gonna get this 2morrow and c what happens.

Thanks again! :toothy7:
    I have no flakes with HE Set Me Up Max Hold Gel. Try it. Save the receipt just in case you may have to return it. But I hope you do not have to. There are other curlies on the site that also like this gel.
    Second time around!

legette68 wrote: »
    I have no flakes with HE Set Me Up Max Hold Gel. Try it. Save the receipt just in case you may have to return it. But I hope you do not have to. There are other curlies on the site that also like this gel.

:toothy7:thank u so much 4 ur help:blob7:
    Keep me posted.:nike:
    Second time around!

I was @ the bss 2day and alcohol content apprehension took over. unfortunately I did not purchase the smu mh gel :sad8:. I was soooooooooooooooooo tempted, but I'm afraid that the alcohol will just eat my hair up. *sigh* :(

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file