HE Totally Twisted CSG

momo7momo7 Posts: 478Registered Users
I just purchased the Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Curl Scrunching Gel. Has anyone ever used this product? If so what were your results???

Comments

• DolphinCurlsDolphinCurls Posts: 370Registered Users
    This is my holy grail for gels. It works extremely well!!! Gives me excellent definition. I couldn't believe how well it worked because the other gels I've tried were good but not great or totally stunk. I was just about ready to give up, honestly.
    3A/2C combination of ringlets and waves :nike:
  • janeth123janeth123 Posts: 17Registered Users
    I love HE Totally Twisted gel and get great results with my fine 3A hair.

Janet

The downside to this board is that it totally and completely fuels the pj that I am, and I have bought SO much stuff. But I was just today looking at pictures, and my hair looked really good in May-June when I was using HE TT.
  • momo7momo7 Posts: 478Registered Users
    thank u guyz!!! :blob7::occasion9:

I realized that u guyz have MUCH looser curlz than I do. But I will still give this gel a try!!! :toothy7: Doesn't hurt 2 try it out! :tongue5:
  • curls101curls101 Posts: 334Registered Users
    Ladies, Do you find your hair is not so full when using a gel, I brought this gel and its great but i do not get enough volume....
  • Curly Girl FlaCurly Girl Fla Posts: 1,834Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    curls101 wrote: »
    Ladies, Do you find your hair is not so full when using a gel, I brought this gel and its great but i do not get enough volume....

It's been awhile since I used TT, but, while I liked the crunchless factor, it also diminished volume and had virtually no hold for me. It was like a leave-in conditioner gel. I'm having much better luck with BE gel and mousse in my rotation. Not too bad on the crunch, good hold, no frizz (but no humidity, either!), and much more controlled volume...
  • Just KimmieJust Kimmie Posts: 116Registered Users
    I'm thinking about picking some up tonite. I was gonna use up my Pantene curling gel, but I think that is drying my hair out. Well, either that or the mousse. Or the hairspray.

Oh Lord, I am a PJ!!
    Hair Type: 2B/3A hybrid, I believe. Had it short for about 5 years, and have since let it grow. Layers have brought out the curl...and I haven't gone 'straight' since!

http://public.fotki.com/Kimmie7448/curls-rule/
  • curlquestcurlquest Posts: 90Registered Users
    i haven't tried the TT, but i really liked the BE, better than the SMU
  • BamaCurlyQBamaCurlyQ Posts: 213Registered Users
    I've tried several times to use TT, but I just don't find that it really does anything for my hair.
    Very Curly and Thick hair.
    3a/b.
    I think I have medium hair with normal to high porosity. And I need all the moisture I can get!!

Currently using:

C: Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Smoothing
    S: Ouidad CQ/Pureology Hydrate

LI: AG Fast Food

Stylers: AG Re:coil (super soak), then CIAB and some CHS CK on top.

**trying CCCC & Beuticurls LI

Style: scrunch and finger curl where I see the hair is not clumping well. Diffuse.
  • momo7momo7 Posts: 478Registered Users
    I've come to personally dislike the BE, TT, and Max Hold...while the hold for the BE and Max Hold are wonderful, they seem to flake far too excessively for my hair and it's very annoying.
  • BamaCurlyQBamaCurlyQ Posts: 213Registered Users
    momo7 wrote: »
    I just purchased the Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Curl Scrunching Gel. Has anyone ever used this product? If so what were your results???

This gel has yet to impress me as an out of the shower styling gel, but it's good for touch ups on 2nd day hair. It just seems to me that it doesn't have enough hold for my hair and I need major hold!!
    Very Curly and Thick hair.
    3a/b.
    I think I have medium hair with normal to high porosity. And I need all the moisture I can get!!

Currently using:

C: Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Smoothing
    S: Ouidad CQ/Pureology Hydrate

LI: AG Fast Food

Stylers: AG Re:coil (super soak), then CIAB and some CHS CK on top.

**trying CCCC & Beuticurls LI

Style: scrunch and finger curl where I see the hair is not clumping well. Diffuse.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file