Beyonce and JLo

Rastacurl RevisitedRastacurl Revisited Posts: 104Registered Users
I was just trying to figure out which of them I find more annoying. For me it's Beyonce because, while I think she's the more talented of the two, she acts like a moronic bimbo in my opinion. JLo seems like a fiercely smart businesswoman
Supernappy, superbad, "when are you gonna put a relaxer up in that mess?"shrinking breaking TYPE 5 hair that - against all the odds - is growing quite long :)
Failed to load the poll.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Jenny CJenny C Posts: 1,195Registered Users
    I picked Beyonce in the poll, but really I find them equally annoying. The thing is I really liked them both when they first came out, then there was just too much of them, total overkill. Now I can't stand either of them.

I think Beyonce is the prettier of the two though.
    If you got nothing to bring to the table - don't even bother sitting down.
  • Rastacurl RevisitedRastacurl Revisited Posts: 104Registered Users
    Jenny C wrote:

I think Beyonce is the prettier of the two though.

I think that Beyonce has the prettier face but JLo has the hotter body. I really wouldn't like to have a body like Beyonce's
    Supernappy, superbad, "when are you gonna put a relaxer up in that mess?"shrinking breaking TYPE 5 hair that - against all the odds - is growing quite long :)
  • NetGNetG Posts: 8,116Registered Users
    See, I prefer Beyonce's body to JLo's! But I think JLo's face is much prettier without makeup. Beyonce looks gorgeous with makeup, but in all the photos I've seen of her without she just looks average, while JLo still looks pretty without makeup.

Neither one particularly annoys me because I don't watch gossip shows or much tv at all. JLo annoyed me during the whole Ben thing, etc., though, so I said she annoys me more than Beyonce.
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
  • ScarletScarlet Posts: 3,125Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Beyonce because all of her songs (and Destiny's Child) are just too damn repetitious. The same lines are just repeated over and over again. Annoys the c.rap out of me.
    The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics - Thomas Sowell
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,898Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I think J-Lo has some of THE ugliest hairdos i've ever seen. She looked like Marilyn Quayle during her interview with Barbara Walters. I thought those wingies were gonna start flapping and she'd fly away. And her voice/way of speaking is really irritating.

Both are annoying, though.

• j'adorej'adore Posts: 1,966Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    J Lo is way more annoying. Both are pretty savvy business wise. Beyonce runs circles around J Lo in the talent department of course. I think J Lo is prettier, though. I'd prefer to have J Lo's body over Beyonce's, but neither one is ideal....Give me Halle's body!
    "Don't play me...I'm over 30, and I don't smoke weed"
    -Prince

catcatadr20050914_-8_Marley+is.png
    I feel that Beyonce wears outfits that are really unflattering to her body type much of the time.
  • three rivers curlythree rivers curly Posts: 994Registered Users
    Do I have to pick just one?

BTW - I think Beyonce's mother makes all/most of her clothes.
    Better everyone think your a fool, than to open your mouth and prove them right.

Perception is not reality.

http://public.fotki.com/hmiklos
  • AmnerisAmneris Posts: 15,117Registered Users
    Can't I pick both?

I guess in a toss up - Beyonce.
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

• love yourself firstlove yourself first Posts: 5,398Registered Users
    Amneris wrote:
    Can't I pick both?

I guess in a toss up - Beyonce.

Ditto.
    "Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people."
    "I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then we live with that decision."
    - Eleanor Roosevelt (both quotes)

(taking a break from posting starting late august 2009)
  • msjokermsjoker Posts: 1,658Registered Users
    I voted Bey because it really grates on my nerves when she speaks.
    "It moisturizes my situation... preserves my sexy."
    rastacurl wrote:
    I feel that Beyonce wears outfits that are really unflattering to her body type much of the time.

I agree. She has thick legs, and she always wears short skirts that cut off her thighs in the worst place - like shorts.
  • NetGNetG Posts: 8,116Registered Users
    Jenny C wrote:
    rastacurl wrote:

I agree. She has thick legs, and she always wears short skirts that cut off her thighs in the worst place - like shorts.

I do definitely think she wears unflattering outfits. I still prefer her body to JLo's, though! Just not her way of dressing.

I agree with j'adore that I'd want Halle's body! But I like Beyonce's, too. (I wouldn't mind being built like Salma Hayek, either.... I love curves, that are more than just breasts, but womanly curves with a small waist and real hips, not boyish shapes.

And that doesn't mean boyish shapes are unattractive. Just, as someone who isn't very curvy in the waist/hip area, I would love to be!
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
  • LipGlassHoneyLipGlassHoney Posts: 230Registered Users
    I think Beyonce and J. Lo are both average looking in the face but I would rather have Beyonce's body. I can't STAND Beyonce's hair. Every blue moon I will see her with a cute hairstyle. She dumbs herself down a lot and I can't stand that. J.Lo is too stuck up for me. She was in LV once when we were there and ran up a $800 bill at a restaurant and went off on the waiter over something stupid and didn't leave a tip at all. They were there for at least 2 hours because we were there for over an hour. Plus the whole I'm just gonna keep getting married thing got on my nerves. It totally disrespected the sanctity of marriage.
    Black and Puerto Rican 3c Natural since '95 (15). Growing hair to waist. PJ and Certified MAC JUNKIE and a freakin' DEMOCRAT!!! Visit my other page @ www.myspace.com/LipGlassHoney
    Me @ 6 mos. looking just like my son
    I think Beyonce and J. Lo are both average looking in the face but I would rather have Beyonce's body. I can't STAND Beyonce's hair. .

Beyonce's hair is UNBELIEVABLE. Or should I say UNBEWEAVEABLE?

I'm surprised she feels ok going out looking like that.
    NetG wrote:
    Jenny C wrote:
    rastacurl wrote:

I do definitely think she wears unflattering outfits. I still prefer her body to JLo's, though! Just not her way of dressing.

I agree with j'adore that I'd want Halle's body! But I like Beyonce's, too. (I wouldn't mind being built like Salma Hayek, either.... I love curves, that are more than just breasts, but womanly curves with a small waist and real hips, not boyish shapes.

And that doesn't mean boyish shapes are unattractive. Just, as someone who isn't very curvy in the waist/hip area, I would love to be!

Oh believe me I'd take J-Lo's, Beyonce's, Halle's or Salma's body in a heartbeat. They all look great but it seems like Halle, Salma and J-Lo know how work with their bodies, while Beyonce just seems to accentuate her worst features. She's really a big mess - and don't even get me started on her horrendous dancing. Who told that girl she has rhythm?
  • geminigemini Posts: 3,325Registered Users
    And her voice/way of speaking is really irritating.

Amen. I have to say her weird baby voice manner of speaking really bugs me too. As well as her "singing." I am so glad she has finally moved out of the spotlight.

They both annoy me (And I have a DH who believes the wigs and weaves are "her" hair :roll:), but I picked J. Lo.

I also think if I had their make up people as well as a hair crew, I could put both of them to shame. The body needs some help from a personal trainer, but I think I'd be on par in that area too. (insert swoleheaded smilie here) :mrgreen:
  • Ava79Ava79 Posts: 159Registered Users
    GAH... I have to choose one. Annoying: Beyonce... at this moment. But I would have chosen J. Lo if this was asked last year.

Intelligence and Personality
    J. Lo seems much more intelligent-- business savvy. Beyonce seems ditsy whenever she is being interviewed.

Style
    I like J. Lo's style a lot better-- more "low key". Beyonce's fashion is just so ugly sometimes and off the wall.

Body
    I like J. Lo's body, because it seems more attainable for me. I would much rather have a big butt and a flat chest than a flat butt with big breasts (not implying that B has a flat but.) In my personal experience, it is easier to find clothing to suit a flat chest and big butt.

Singing Talent
    Beyonce is better. PERIOD.

Acting Talent
    J. Lo is "better". Beyonce will never live down her character in Austin Powers. I left the movie because of her! But I am not saying J. Lo is Oscar Worthy at all.

Beauty
    Tied. They are both very beautiful when done up. I have seen J. Lo in her natural state, she is still very pretty. Beyonce, I can't say that I have seen her natural.

The lesser of two evils... J. Lo! :wink:

BTW, this is a funny thread.
  • MeghuneyMeghuney Posts: 4,263Registered Users
    DH would beg to differ with you guys as to if B's clothes flatter her body type or not. A lot of men I know LOVE thick legs and big booty and her clothes showcase EXACTLY that.
    I used to be so enthralled with B before..now she is just annoying..but NO WHERE NEAR annoying as J. LO. At least B hasn't started throwing her never ending relationships in the face of the public. That and talent give her the two-up on J. LO in my opinion

Also, my do-no-wrong view of B has certainly changed after seeing that picture posted of her with no weave on this website. :shock: Still pretty, but that took away some of her thunder with me.

ETA: Yeah, I had to show DH that picture posted of Beyonce' to prove to him that wasn't her hair. Ahhh but how wonderful to see a fantasy deflate before my eyes! :wink:
    Meghuney wrote:
    DH would beg to differ with you guys as to if B's clothes flatter her body type or not. A lot of men I know LOVE thick legs and big booty and her clothes showcase EXACTLY that.
    I used to be so enthralled with B before..now she is just annoying..but NO WHERE NEAR annoying as J. LO. At least B hasn't started throwing her never ending relationships in the face of the public. That and talent give her the two-up on J. LO in my opinion

Also, my do-no-wrong view of B has certainly changed after seeing that picture posted of her with no weave on this website. :shock: Still pretty, but that took away some of her thunder with me.

I agree with you. BLACK men in particular love that woman's body. I think her body is gorgeous. She just acts so dingy sometimes and she can be a bit mean.
    Black and Puerto Rican 3c Natural since '95 (15). Growing hair to waist. PJ and Certified MAC JUNKIE and a freakin' DEMOCRAT!!! Visit my other page @ www.myspace.com/LipGlassHoney
    Meghuney wrote:

I agree with you. BLACK men in particular love that woman's body. I think her body is gorgeous. She just acts so dingy sometimes and she can be a bit mean.

LOL...I was going to say BLACK men but decided not to. Glad you did...again...we're thinking alike.
    I dream of having B's body. And I always thought her butt was BIGGER than J. LO's if not about the same size.
    The only thing that bugs me about B., other than seeing her too much on tv and her five horse's worth of weave, is she tries so hard to seem 'un-ghetto" if you will.
    I have noticed in interviews that she will attempt to talk a certain way, but when she gets excited, its almost like she forgets what Daddy told her to talk like and I hear some down-home HOUSTON, TX come through.Then she'll quickly get back to the way she was obviously trained to talk.
  • Ava79Ava79 Posts: 159Registered Users
    Meghuney wrote:
    Meghuney wrote:

LOL...I was going to say BLACK men but decided not to. Glad you did...again...we're thinking alike.
    I dream of having B's body. And I always thought her butt was BIGGER than J. LO's if not about the same size.

My BF loves Beyonce's body, and he is Filipino. Her body is admired by many people from many cultures.

I think B's body is more proportioned than Jen's. Jen is very flat chested which I think ROCKS, since I am a member of the FCWA (flat chested women association :wink:).
  • Kurly_NazzyKurly_Nazzy Posts: 76Registered Users
    such a hard decision
    very thick brown 3b/3c curls
    ::::::::........
  • snowflakes821snowflakes821 Posts: 4Registered Users
    I think they are both equally annoying. Beyone is dumb and JLO is obsessed with fashion labels. Yuch, I wish they would both just go away.
  • CGNYCCGNYC Posts: 4,938Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    You know, I find them both to be really big Tallent Free zones but at the same time, I find both of them kinda cool in a dorky way (I mean it's dorky that I find them kinda cool). I wouldn't necessarily say I'm a FAN, but I just can't find them annoying - even tho I know all the reasons why I should find them irritating. Which is odd because most people annoy me.
    Ava79 wrote:
    Meghuney wrote:
    Meghuney wrote:

My BF loves Beyonce's body, and he is Filipino. Her body is admired by many people from many cultures.

I think B's body is more proportioned than Jen's. Jen is very flat chested which I think ROCKS, since I am a member of the FCWA (flat chested women association :wink:).

I think that JLo is so nicely toned. Her midriff especially is in great shape and bear in mind she's about 35. Beyonce looks wobbly and soft like jelly to me with a big ole pair of thunder thighs. LOL.
    Hence the "I don't think you're ready for this 'JELLY'" :wink:
    Meghuney wrote:
    Hence the "I don't think you're ready for this 'JELLY'" :wink:

And I must admit that I am not ready for her JELLY. It makes me want to not only run to the treadmill to avoid wobbling like that myself but also to force her to put in more time on the treadmill
    To each his own, i guess. A lot of men I know LOVE that..wobbly or not. To men around here, that is called "thick". There are so many underground club songs around here about shaking thighs and jiggling this and that. Perhaps down south here its more attractive. I dunno.
    All I know is that wobbly or not, I wouldn't mind having her body.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file