I CanNot Search!!!!!!!!!

anjankeanjanke Registered Users Posts: 6
I and others have REPEATEDLY requested the search be checked or repaired or what have you, with no change in system...

I seem to have greater chance of flying a plane solo w/Mario Andretti and four of his children before this miracle called SEARCH happens.

I will no longer try...

icon_sad.gificon_mad.gif
"For any one willing to Moulder or Scully his way through, the ‘truth’ is out there’"

Comments

• WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Banned Users Posts: 24,963 Curl Neophyte
    Gretchen had said in this thread that she was stumped and suggested it could possibly be a browser problem...which browser are you using?

[ October 05, 2002: Message edited by: Wile E. Coyote - HWWSI ]
  • anjankeanjanke Registered Users Posts: 6
    At first I thought it was AOL my home browser, but since it also happened at the school library and at work icon_wink.gif ...

I don't know what else to do and I REFUSE to go through page after page of a whole year's worth...
    "For any one willing to Moulder or Scully his way through, the ‘truth’ is out there’"
  • GettinControlGettinControl Registered Users Posts: 828
    I can only search by putting in member # to get those posts other than that any searching under subjects has been impossible for months now.
    3a/b medium/coarse combo(w/some fine strands), normal porosity, normal elasticity(strong)
    Komaza analysis 2015: medium to coarse combo(some fine strands), normal porosity, strong elasticity, healthy hair
    Goosefootprints 2013: moderately coarse with some medium; low porosity at roots, normal thru shaft, porous ends, normal elasticity
  • GooCurlGirlGooCurlGirl Registered Users Posts: 28
    I can't do a search either icon_sad.gif major bummer. It is one of my favorite features of the board.
    Delete me please. What I considered a nice honest place to find good info has now become one big advertisement.
    Have a great day!
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Moderators Posts: 10,840 Curl Virtuoso
    I guess you get your money's worth here at CurlTalk, anjanke.

Are any of the multiple browsers you're using IE?

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • svtsvt Registered Users Posts: 19
    Thanks Wile E. for reminding me about that thread and thanks Gretchen for mentioning that search problems could be related to the browser!

Searches using AOL's 7.0 browser do not work for me. When I use Internet Explorer 6.0 or Netscape 7.0...voila!!! I'm a searchin fool! icon_biggrin.gif

Perhaps with AOL's upgrade to 8.0, I'll be able to use that browser to do searches.
    Thank you, SVT, for your troubleshooting! I appreciate your proactive response to the problem.

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • Anthro IncarnateAnthro Incarnate Registered Users Posts: 555 Curl Connoisseur
    Sometimes searches work and sometimes not...about 50% of the time I get a timed-out error ("can't find page"). Like GettinControl, I end up doing my searches by member number. Usually that's fine because I'm often searching for something I remember someone saying, but not being able to do consistent subject searches does suck. I have found that the more inputs I give, the more likely I am to get results (for example, "shampoo" is likely to time out, but "Aveda and Nexxus" is likely to produce results eventually).

I use IE.

Edited to add that when I say a search works, that means I get results before I get an error message. The search still often takes five minutes or so.

[ October 12, 2002: Message edited by: Tao of Anthro ]
    póg mo thóin
    AOL uses proprietary code that chooses not to recognize a lot of Web standards, and has historically had problems with many different programs.

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
    Thanks, Gretchen.
    I did a seach using another internet explorer and it worked. icon_smile.gif
    Delete me please. What I considered a nice honest place to find good info has now become one big advertisement.
    Have a great day!
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tao of Anthro:
    I have found that the more inputs I give, the more likely I am to get results (for example, "shampoo" is likely to time out, but "Aveda and Nexxus" is likely to produce results eventually).

Edited to add that when I say a search works, that means I get results before I get an error message. The search still often takes five minutes or so.

[ October 12, 2002: Message edited by: Tao of Anthro ]
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is true of any search engine. the more specific you can be, the faster and better your results will be.

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
    I tired doing searches from 4 different computers both at work/home and friends.
    I cant do them icon_sad.gif
    ***all using aol****
    Have a great day!
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Banned Users Posts: 24,963 Curl Neophyte
    bumpin' for Luna!

[ January 19, 2003: Message edited by: Wile E. Coyote - WWB ]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file