Buckwheat Days

cclark1cclark1 Registered Users Posts: 346
Today I woke up to Buckwheat's hair on my hair!!! My hair never looked worse. Sometimes I think that I have this transitioning thing under control and some days (like today) I wonder what the heck I'm doing. Every other week I've been trying to do no heat. But I have so much NG that I don't know what to do!!! It's depressing :thumbdown: And why is it that I talk to some girlfriends who have transitioned and it's no big deal for them (ex:no breakage or 6 month transition without a BC) and I have to go to work looking like I put a midget in a headlock!! Any words of encouragement would be greatly appreciated.
Dare to be......remarkable!!!

Comments

• mariag002mariag002 Registered Users Posts: 3,557 Curl Neophyte
    OMG!!! :laughing7: Hold up lemme stop laughing and I'll answer you
    - Maria

Big Chop: 9/23/07
    Relaxer free for almost 5 years!

OK I'm done

I had to use some type of heat. If anything, just to give it a sleeker look and blend the two textures together. If you flatiron like I do, I wouldn't recommend more than once a week and only use it on a lower setting. Mine goes as high as 20 so I put it on 10 or 15 depending on what I'm trying to do. I don't flatiron to make it straight, just give it a sleeker look. I wash, dry and rollerset before using the flatiron. I spray on some Ion ant-frizz heat protector
    SBS-302272?$prodMain$

Then without combing out my hair I just pass the flatiron exactly where the rollers were. Then I comb it out. I don't use a blow dryer and I certainly would never press my hair because you have no control over heat and it can damage your curls.

In your case you don't want to rollerset, so I would wash and put it in a ponytail. After the hair is dry I would flatiron and style. Use a heat protector if you do nothing else. Another good one is Biosilk, but a little on the expensive side. The ion one cost me $5 and it can last me months plus it sprays better. This can disguise the transitioning period for months or until you're ready for the BC.

Good luck! :toothy7:

P.S. I look like Buckwheat first thing in the morning. On better days, I look like Don King.
    - Maria

• Flower princessFlower princess Registered Users Posts: 608
    I too i'm on the same track.Things become very hard the new growth seems harder to manage and to comb while wet or dry (i know i must not comb my hair when dry but i do that .I comb the relaxed part just to keep in smooth )even detangling is difficult for me and after the detangling my hair tangles again.I know it's hard but whenever i feel like that i remind myself that since the other ladies went through this even thought it was hard for some WHY NOT ME?Sometimes when things get harder i apply a heat protector and i blow dry (it has the pick also) my hair in the lower heat setting.That help's my new growth also i try to find products that will soften my growth i have found inly 1 that does a good job but i'm not sure if the ingredients in it are good ..Any way make whatever helps you if the heat will make ur growth easier to manage go ahead just make sure you apply a heat protector and use it in the lower setting the deep condition ur hair with a protein conditioner to help strengthen your hair strands.Good luck too you hope you feel better now!!Also styles like straw sets or perm rod set ,and more that helps in low manipulation will help you!;)
    All Hair is Good Hair!

It's Not What's ON Your Head, But What's IN Your Head!

Please join/follow my new blog http://vividthoughtsofglory.blogspot.com/
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    >>P.S. I look like Buckwheat first thing in the morning. On better days, I look like Don King.

Gotcha beat there, mine looks like the lovechild of Don King and Lucille Ball!! :laughing7:

Speckla
  • mslanee1mslanee1 Registered Users Posts: 439
    The best way to not walk around looking a hot mess, was to stop trying to treat my transitioning hair like I did my relaexed hair. It became all about as little manipulation as possible. I would wash and deep condition my hair once a week, then put some rollers, or rods, in and do a spiral set. I would rock that for a week, sleeping with a silk bonnet on, and sometimes rewetting sections and re-rolling overnight.

Just try and think about all the beautiful natural hair you will have one day! It will keep you motivated.
    CURRENT PRODUCTS: Oyin Honey Hemp, Honey Wash, Burnt Sugar Pomade, Shine and Define, and Whipped Pudding. Also loving HH Hello Hydration and HENNA!

• SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Registered Users Posts: 15,402 Curl Neophyte
    I talk to some girlfriends who have transitioned and it's no big deal for them (ex:no breakage or 6 month transition without a BC)
    hate them:tongue5::evil1:
    Speckla wrote: »
    >>P.S. I look like Buckwheat first thing in the morning. On better days, I look like Don King.

Gotcha beat there, mine looks like the lovechild of Don King and Lucille Ball!! :laughing7:

Speckla

At least Buckwheat had braids. I look like Albert Einstein + Don King first thing:laughing7:
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
    You guys have inspired my new avatar LOL :laughing7:
    - Maria

• legette68legette68 Registered Users Posts: 216
    Mine look ilke the flat top guys used to wear back in the 90's. Flat on the sides and high up on top. Like Kid N' Play.
    Thick, coarse 3C hair:coffee:
    BC Feb 2009/ relaxer free since 06/08
    Second time around!

http://public.fotki.com/legette68

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file