CurlTalk

Ideas about how to keep hair out of my face?

I absolutely love my curls, but I get really annoyed with them if I've been wearing my hair down at school for too long. After only a few hours of wearing my hair down, my bangs and side curls start puffing out and getting in my face getting in my face, and I can't stop messing with them. I always end up just ultimately giving in and throwing my hair in a tight bun. Ick.

So I am looking for hairstyles that keep my bangs/side curls out of my face, but still show off my curls. Does anyone have any suggestions and/or pictures? Thanks!
EXTREMELY thick, medium 3B-3C hair;
I have yet to find a hair twin ANYWHERE...website or real life :(

Current routine: Um, I don't feel like updating my siggie every thirty minutes. :) I'm experimenting right now! (loving the overnight plop!)

Comments

• 2poodles2poodles Posts: 2,480Registered Users
    Get the book Strictly Curls from CurlMart. There's lots of cute hairdos there. I have the book, but I can't use it 'til my hair gets longer....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2Poodles :flower: Southeast PA
    fine, med porosity, normal elasticity
    Currently using the following 2 - 3 x/week:
    Living Proof Perfect Hair Day suphate-free Poo, cone-free CO and styling treatment, plus KCCC

• MagooMagoo Posts: 2,173Registered Users
    I can't stand hair in my face (I know, kind of hard to avoid with my voluminous, curly hair). How about a headband? There are lots of cute styles out there and I always find they're a nice way to wear my hair down while keeping it somewhat controlled and out of my face.
    3b/c fine, thick, porous, protein sensitive
    Modified CG, CJ Rehab, JCWDT, KCKT, VO5 Chamomile Tea Therapy, CJDF, HEBE Gel/Mousse, Bioinfusion Rosemary Mint shampoo, occasional protein

Experimenting with BRHG

"If you want the rainbow, you've gotta put up with the rain"
  • rejoicingcurlygirlrejoicingcurlygirl Posts: 654Registered Users
    My first 2 suggestions were going to be the Strictly Curls book and headbands (great minds think alike :wink: )

Also you might want to check out these:

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.flexi8.com%2Fflex%2Findex.html" class="Popup

I have a couple and they are cute. The smaller ones work well for just putting back the top/front of my hair.
    3A; I have HG products!
    Curl enhancer: Mop-C curl cream
    DT: Deva Heaven in Hair; JC WDT
    Gel: B&A; Arc Angel
    Conditioner: Deva OneC; JC too shea
    Frizz fighters: CK, JCS C&S
    PW: curlynow
    I've been dying to try one of those, Rejoicing. I'm just not sure what size to get for my thick head of hair.
    Modified CG, CJ Rehab, JCWDT, KCKT, VO5 Chamomile Tea Therapy, CJDF, HEBE Gel/Mousse, Bioinfusion Rosemary Mint shampoo, occasional protein

Experimenting with BRHG

• Curly Girl FlaCurly Girl Fla Posts: 1,834Registered Users
    My first 2 suggestions were going to be the Strictly Curls book and headbands (great minds think alike :wink: )

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.flexi8.com%2Fflex%2Findex.html" class="Popup

I have a couple and they are cute. The smaller ones work well for just putting back the top/front of my hair.

I've never seen these before-so pretty! I have the same problem with hair-in-the-face all day at the computer, and I've been just putting it partially up with claw clips (I don't necessarily like them, but they're cheap and easy). These flexi things are definitely on my list--and I see there's a free shipping thing going on. Thanks so much for the link!
  • agent_003bdagent_003bd Posts: 142Registered Users
    I use bobby pins to pull back the front of my hair from around my face. Sometimes I use them to put the hair on top of my head (it looks more "perky"), and sometimes I use them to pull some of the hair back (kind of like in the website rejoicingcurlygirl pointed out).

rejoicingcurlygirl - Those clips are super cute!! :)
    2/3a mix

Shampoo-free since 09/04
    I couldn't resist the free shipping offer so I ended up ordering 2!:toothy7:

Experimenting with BRHG

• LilahLilah Posts: 916Registered Users
    I use bobby pins to pull back the front of my hair from around my face. Sometimes I use them to put the hair on top of my head (it looks more "perky"), and sometimes I use them to pull some of the hair back (kind of like in the website rejoicingcurlygirl pointed out).
    This is exactly what I do every day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • msgibletmsgiblet Posts: 5,825Registered Users

They are too cute! Thanks for posting!
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fmsgiblet%2F" class="Popup - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11
    Fine, Thick, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Countess Balashi of Divi Beach in the Order of the Curly Crusaders :occasion5:

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ok guys-did some googling and found me a coupon code for either 10% off or buy 4 get 1 free. I actually got 5 (In 3 diff sizes), and the free one was the same as the most expensive one I got($12.00), not the cheapest:toothy7:...I love these and hope they work in my hair. So, not bad with free shipping, too.
    Code: 32088
    Happy Holidays to me (and you:wink:)
    Ok guys-did some googling and found me a coupon code for either 10% off or buy 4 get 1 free. I actually got 5 (In 3 diff sizes), and the free one was the same as the most expensive one I got($12.00), not the cheapest:toothy7:...I love these and hope they work in my hair. So, not bad with free shipping, too.
    Code: 32088

Happy Holidays to me (and you:wink:)

AAAAUUGGGHHHH!! I just ordered 3 before I saw this! Oh well. How long is this coupon good for? If they work out well, I'll order again.
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fmsgiblet%2F" class="Popup - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • snapssnow92snapssnow92 Posts: 170Registered Users
    i just bought one, cant wait for it to come!
    ~Snaps~
  • Jeannie_LJeannie_L Posts: 73Registered Users
    Putting all my hair back in a pony tail works for me all the time.

If you check my Fotki, that is how I wear my hair everyday.

:glasses9:
    just got my flexi8, its soo cute and works sooo well! i recommend to anyone! going to go buy more!
    ~Snaps~
    I'm hoping mine will show up today - can't wait to see how they work!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    That's great to hear, snapssnow92! I got my shipping notice Tuesday, I think? I should get 'em soon, and sure hope they work for me as they do for you! :)
  • banjocurlbanjocurl Posts: 1,020Registered Users
    just ordered some of these-i am a SUCKER for cool hair stuff!! i got 3 mediums 1 small 1 large. i cant wait till i can put my arm over my head and DO my hair again!!!
    Susan suburban NY
    3b going gray, not thick, waist length when wet, a bit below shoulders when dry
    CG since 11/11/04
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fbanjolady%2F" class="Popup
    PW: banjo
    HG: suave and honey for co-wash, deva, i use garnier fructis regular CO's or boots pink or white as leave ins and LA looks sport gel. plop w microfiber turban, then curl towel scrunch, then another turban.i sleep with the turban on. little one minute hair styling videos /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fuser%2Flazycurls" class="Popup
    WAAAHHH! My stuff didn't show up yesterday. I got my shipping notice on Monday, so I thought for sure I'd have a package waiting for me. This Xmas mail is slowing things up. Don't they know I need my hair toys??!! :crybaby::crybaby:

Maybe they'll show up today! I hope, I hope, I hope! :blob7:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,572Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    Gotta check out the free shipping and coupon! I have been wanting to try these forever, but don't know what size to try. For those that got them, what size did you get? For ponytails and just the front? I wanna order too!!! :D
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
    I'm thinking small or medium for ponytails, extra small for partial ups, medium to large for buns. ???
    CurliLocks wrote: »
    Gotta check out the free shipping and coupon! I have been wanting to try these forever, but don't know what size to try. For those that got them, what size did you get? For ponytails and just the front? I wanna order too!!! :D

I ordered 2 minis for the front and a medium for a ponytail. Don't know if they'll be big enough for my thick hair or not -- according to their website, they will - we shall see.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    i got the smallest for half up, its great, i have it in my hair now. i love it. i just ordered the extra small for my mom's thin hair and the small for me so i can have a bigger one!
    ~Snaps~
    Mine came today! YAY! They are so pretty! I think I need to get some small ones instead of the minis and I have to really work to get a ponytail into the medium size, but they work. I'll just have to get some bigger ones for this thick mess. I love them! Have all 3 of them in my hair now. :blob7::blob7:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    :cry: Mine didn't come today. I checked, and they did ship when everyone else's did...maybe tomorrow? I ordered the 3 smallest sizes just for putting small amounts back on sides or top, and half up, etc. I don't think that I want to do a whole ponytail, but, maybe I'll try larger ones if I like these [if I ever get these:sad8:]...
    I don't see the Free Shipping offer. Where did you find it? Is it over? :(
    I don't remember when the free shipping expired. I STILL don't have mine. Not good considering I got my shipped notice the same time as others here. 6 days even with the holidays is a long time-I think it went regular usps? Anyway, I sent an email just to check, but hopefully I'll see them on Monday....grrrr...
  • JLRcurlyJLRcurly Posts: 245Registered Users
    for the ladies that bought these I would love to see some pictures of them in your hair, just get an idea of how they look on curlies and the ways you use them. I PJ in my wants to just get them but I think I will wait and use some Xmas money if you all are enjouing yours.
    JEN :hello2:3b, currently bored with my hair.
    I don't remember when the free shipping expired. I STILL don't have mine. Not good considering I got my shipped notice the same time as others here. 6 days even with the holidays is a long time-I think it went regular usps? Anyway, I sent an email just to check, but hopefully I'll see them on Monday....grrrr...
    That doesn't sound good. Did they give you shipping info? Hopefully it will be there Monday.

Do we know how long the 10% code lasts? I was thinking of ordering after the holidays with Christmas money I might get! :D
    CurliLocks wrote: »
    Do we know how long the 10% code lasts? I was thinking of ordering after the holidays with Christmas money I might get! :D

They put the code on the receipt in with the order when I received it, so it must be good for awhile yet.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yeah, I think when I found the code it was originally from an August date, so I guess it's a longterm discount! I finally got them, and they are adorable, very well-made!! I have to tell you, I emailed the guy saying I hadn't rec'd them yet, and he got right back to me-he thought it was an xmas gift & was concerned-actually offered to overnight at his expense and send a prepaid return label to send the original shipment back when I got them. Fortunately, I received them the next day, but I am so very impressed by the thoughtful response and customer service. I got the minis-great for just putting the front/side bangs back, an extra-small-perfect for part-up, and some smalls-now, I have fine hair, but lots of it, but I can do a pony tail with the smalls (love the flexibility). Definitely worth the investment!