What made you do your 1st post here?

1Joy1Joy Posts: 356Registered Users Curl Neophyte
I was just curious about the Month/yr you started looking at this site and when you did your 1st post and why?

I have been viewing this site only for a little over 2yrs. I've seen topics I wanted to put comments on but didn't. In real life I get asked about my hair and talk like a pro all the time (which we all are to a certain degree, since most of us are self-taught). Then finally I thought since I got so much help from coming here and reading, then I need to pay it forward so others could benefit from seeing my pics, products, experiences and comments.
My quote: Supercharge Your Superhuman w/my 4-part brain Activation System:
Body, Mind, Emotions..oh and curls!
http://www.Joythedetoxcoach.com

Comments

• mariag002mariag002 Posts: 3,557Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Back in February I made the decision to stop relaxing my hair. I had been unsuccessful for years and I decided to go online and find forums or blogs to help me. While browsing other websites I stumbled upon this one. I signed up for this website right away when I saw it had a transitioning thread going on. I used to visit longhaircareforum, motowngirl, nappystar... but for some reason I've always been more attracted to this site than the others. It helped that this site was free too LOL
    - Maria

Big Chop: 9/23/07
    Relaxer free for almost 5 years!

• taflogtaflog Posts: 130Registered Users
    i don't remember when i first posted,( probally this summer right before my bc), but i felt welcomed. i had never ever posted anywhere before. i felt like there was so much info and support on this site that i had to share what i had learned with another newbie. i wanted everyone else who was taking this naptural journey to feel as welcomed as i did.:wink:

event.png

event.png
  • curlycaramelcurlycaramel Posts: 472Registered Users
    I don't remember my first post but the reason I came here was because I was having problems finding products that work on my hair nad have done for all my life, I wsa getting fed up and knew they were people somewhere with naturally curly hair who knew what products to use.
    Someone posted a link to the hair chart on another board I belong to and it made sense that I could see someone with hair that looked similar to mine and thought "if they have pics then other people on this site have hair like mine and must be using better products than Mousse" So I joined up right away.
    Long thick curls, mix of 3b/3c
  • subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    ive been here since august 2004...almost a year after i did my BC...
  • kdcreighkdcreigh Posts: 736Registered Users
    I've been reading/posting since November 2006.

I had my third child in September 2006. I had been braiding my hair for about 4 1/2 years and suddenly didn't have the time or inclination to continue. I had grown out my relaxer during the many years of braiding and didn't want to go back. I also knew what was in store for my hair - a horrifying amount of post-partum shedding. :eek:

While looking for products that I could use on natural hair, I stumbled upon this website via a search engine.

I was encouraged by all of the women with 4a/b hair that were going natural or had been natural for years. I figured if they could do it, then I could at least try it.

I love the support and encouragement of the naturally curly ladies (and a few gents). I have tried other natural websites, but have found them to be somewhat separatist :argue:, so I always return to NC.
    YES WE CAN!

kdcreigh 4a and b (who knows?:dontknow:)

Relegated to occasional lurking in order to keep the PJ in check!
    :lurk:

http://public.fotki.com/kdcreigh/
    PW: natural
  • momo7momo7 Posts: 478Registered Users
    I know my first post was probably around fall 2005 (w/ a diff name)...I was like, finally a site that can actually HELP me w/ my hurr!!! I've had multiple s/n since then :blob7:.
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I wish I could re-read my first post but it's gone with the new site. I'd been lurking and reading reviews in nc.com for maybe a year before I signed on. It was curiousity about my hair and products and CG and stuff.
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • teshonteshon Posts: 1,127Registered Users
    This is the only site that I have ever posted on and I found it purely by accident a year ago and finally decided to become a member in Sept. of this year. One site addiction is enough for me:) I have always struggled with the "right" products to use on my "natural" hair which caused me to relapse more than a few times. I have tried everything under the sun in three short months since becoming a member or every product that is raved about on this site that my "protein sensitive" curls can handle. I stick around now for the amusement, sistahood. Some of the ladies are so funny and really crack me up! For me now, it's all about the right product combinations/mixtures. I'm thankful for this site because I would've never found out that I was protein sensitive. There's lots of great info. here!
    3c-4a; Protein Sensitive(forms of wheat, keratin, soy and anything "hydrolyzed"). My hair hates coconut oil and jojoba oil(sometimes).
    http://photobucket.com/teshon PW: crazycurls
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/teshonandfamily
  • GuyanaGal718GuyanaGal718 Posts: 207Registered Users
    I was stalking this boards for about 2 years while I was transitioning, then when I finally did the BIG CHOP I posted.
    A 3b/3c/ curlicious combo with a sprinkle of 4a.
    The Big Chop August. 2006 :nike:
    Natural Diva since 2005.
    Tracklete Star!
  • jeannie_bjeannie_b Posts: 73Registered Users
    I think I posted for the first time asking for help with my daughter's badly damaged 3c hair.
  • JusticeDSTJusticeDST Posts: 96Registered Users
    I posted after my BC. I knew nothing about natural hair. I believe my first post had something to do with the lingo. I didn't know what certain acronyms meant.
  • Tanta65Tanta65 Posts: 112Registered Users
    I actually was googling a review on some salon product either pureology or enjoy and i got the curl products page where the nc people post their favorites for the month, its crazy cuz when i first say it all i was watch was the products it never even bothered me to look through the site, then i was watching nightline and the owners of the site were on it, and i was like i saw that site, started searching through the forums and stuff, then i wanted to ask a view on some products so i had to join lol.....other than that i wouldn't ha ha, and now i come here everyday, i don't even want anyone to know i come on this site everyday, my roommates and family will think i'm a psycho.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file