Hello Everyone!

Cristy_amkCristy_amk Posts: 171Registered Users Curl Neophyte
I've been lurking about for awhile trying to pick up on tips here and there. Can't tell you how excited I am to find this site! I'm still trying to figure out my hair type and all that good stuff. I live close to Pittsburgh (about 45 min away) and am currently trying to find a good stylist in my area. Pgh is a little far for me to travel but from the Salon Links I see there is a Salon mentioned in Greensburgh that's closer for me. I am a little concerned because no one has posted anything recent so I'm hoping the Salon is still there. If anyone lives nearby and knows I'd love to know! Right now money is tight w/the holidays so I'm probably not doing anything until the new year.

In the meantime, I am dealing with a bit of a mess of a mop of hair!!!! My last haircut was a disaster. I didn't take anything I learned from this site to the salon w/me. I let the sylist thin out my hair even though I knew it was a mistake. I actually liked my hair when I left the salon but she used several products on my hair and didn't tell me what they were (I know dummy me I should have asked!) and she also used a curling iron on me too. Now, I don't have anything against curling irons if she just wanted to touch up some areas but to basically just blow my hair out straight and then use a curling iron on, well seemed dumb to me. "Sigh" I'm not blaming her for giving me a lousy haircut I'm more upset with myself that I didn't speak up. I guess I kept thinking things would be OK in the end. And sincerly when I left the salon I liked the look but it just wasn't something I could maintain at home.

I'm hoping to get my hair on the road to recovery and I know this is the best place to start!!!!
:toothy7::toothy7::toothy7:

Comments

• GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Welcome! We're glad to have you!

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights