Wanted-good neck cream

MarMar Registered Users Posts: 3,004 Curl Neophyte
I am starting to see the signs on my neck.
I need a really good firming neck treatment.
Any recs?
"what's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?"

"If you judge people,you have no time to love them"
-Mother Theresa

Comments

• KurlyKarenLeeKurlyKarenLee Registered Users Posts: 1,048
    :dontknow: I'd like to know one, too.
    KurlyKarenLee

You can say what you want about the South, but you never hear of anyone retiring and moving North.
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Registered Users Posts: 31,259 Curl Connoisseur
    DMAE is the only thing proven to "firm" skin.
    Well then I'll know in a week or so 'cause my DMAE's on its way.
    KurlyKarenLee

You can say what you want about the South, but you never hear of anyone retiring and moving North.
  • g-stringrannyg-stringranny Registered Users Posts: 2,701
    I've been using the DMAE for a month now, but I'm not seeing a difference. I notice more results with the C-Serum. I'll finish the jar, but I doubt I will order more.
    AKA lotsawaves
    AKA new2curls
    I've been using the DMAE for a month now, but I'm not seeing a difference. I notice more results with the C-Serum. I'll finish the jar, but I doubt I will order more.

I've heard it doesn't work for everyone. The studies that were done on it found that it can take up to a year to really see results. Some people see something right away, some don't. Have you been able to use it twice a day? It's very drying, and I have trouble using it twice a day even with my oily skin, but I really didn't see any results from it when using it once a day.
  • FrizzBgoneFrizzBgone Registered Users Posts: 2,678 Curl Neophyte

What is DMAE ??

I use Lancome products ... Renergie Microlift. It has a neck cream. I wasn't keen on it - a little too greasy, but I really like the rest of the line. I have found a difference. The High Resolution Serum is amazing as well.
    But ... it is really expensive unfortunately. I do find it lasts a long time, but it costs a bundle.
    Type: 3a fine & dense,with normal porosity, terrible product junkie
    ROUTINE: LI, enhancer, gel, plop with Curlease towel, serum product (either CIAB or Gel-les'c), clip & diffuse.
    Too many favourite products to list ... I finally have my routine that works and alot of products to choose from. My product stash is huge, but well loved !!!
    FrizzBgone wrote: »

What is DMAE ??

I use Lancome products ... Renergie Microlift. It has a neck cream. I wasn't keen on it - a little too greasy, but I really like the rest of the line. I have found a difference. The High Resolution Serum is amazing as well.
    But ... it is really expensive unfortunately. I do find it lasts a long time, but it costs a bundle.

DMAE is an ingredient in many anti-aging products. It's been proven to firm skin when used at a 3% concentration in an acidic base. Unfortunately, most cosmetics companies don't use a high enough concentration to be effective (because DMAE has an odor and probably wouldn't sell well in a spa brand), and they're usually not acidic (again, because it doesn't sell well to try to sell an anti-aging product that can be drying to the skin). There is one company bold enough to put out a DMAE product at therapeutic concentration. This one:

https://www.psfskincare.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=DMAE-1&reference=/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi%3Fsearch%3Daction%26keywords%3Dall%26searchstart%3D0%26template%3DPDGCommTemplates/FullNav/SearchResult.html%26category%3DCCCC

High price (such as the Lancome line) doesn't necessarily equal quality. Most of the expensive products out there don't do what they promise to do. There are very few products that have been proven to actually work for anti-aging...Retin-A, Copper Peptides and DMAE in specific concentrations, and that's about it. Many of the spa and department store brands are nothing more than glorified moisturizers.
  • MarMar Registered Users Posts: 3,004 Curl Neophyte
    Thanks for the info!
    "what's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?"

"If you judge people,you have no time to love them"
    -Mother Theresa
  • cara4curlscara4curls Registered Users Posts: 336 Curl Neophyte
    "High price (such as the Lancome line) doesn't necessarily equal quality. Most of the expensive products out there don't do what they promise to do. There are very few products that have been proven to actually work for anti-aging...Retin-A, Copper Peptides and DMAE in specific concentrations, and that's about it. Many of the spa and department store brands are nothing more than glorified moisturizers." - RedCatWaves

I so-o agree with you on this! If people really realized that the utterly worthless stuff sold in department stores, or even some web stores these companies would go out of business. If one is only looking for basic cleansing and moisturizing, cheap and plain is best IMO, saving the $$ for proven treatment stuff detailed above.
    That said, why do people think they need a "neck cream"?? Is the skin on the neck any different really than on the face? Sounds like an excuse to have to have another unnecessary product to me!
    health-conscious, visionary artist in transition
    That said, why do people think they need a "neck cream"?? Is the skin on the neck any different really than on the face? Sounds like an excuse to have to have another unnecessary product to me!

I think it's the department store and spa cosmetic-industry mentality...they are always claiming to have special potions specifically for necks and women hear that often enough and think they need to buy something special for their necks.

Everything I use on my face, gets applied to my neck and upper chest as well...and often my earlobes and the backs of my hands if I happen to have extra. I don't use anything specifically for my neck.
    cara4curls wrote: »
    "High price (such as the Lancome line) doesn't necessarily equal quality. Most of the expensive products out there don't do what they promise to do. There are very few products that have been proven to actually work for anti-aging...Retin-A, Copper Peptides and DMAE in specific concentrations, and that's about it. Many of the spa and department store brands are nothing more than glorified moisturizers." - RedCatWaves

I so-o agree with you on this! If people really realized that the utterly worthless stuff sold in department stores, or even some web stores these companies would go out of business. If one is only looking for basic cleansing and moisturizing, cheap and plain is best IMO, saving the $$ for proven treatment stuff detailed above.

For some of us (me included), that's were age starts showing first. The skin becomes crepey and loose. There's not a whole lot you can do about it (other than a mini-face-lift). That's why we're always looking for the HG.
    KurlyKarenLee

I can see a difference in my eyes. My right eyelid was starting to droop. Since I've been using the DMAE it's back to normal. But that's about the only place I can tell the difference.

I hasn't done anything for my neck.
    KurlyKarenLee

• cara4curlscara4curls Registered Users Posts: 336 Curl Neophyte
    "For some of us (me included), that's were age starts showing first. The skin becomes crepey and loose. There's not a whole lot you can do about it (other than a mini-face-lift). That's why we're always looking for the HG." - KurlyKarenLee

Then you still don't need a "neck cream", you need more a proven good anti-ager, like RedCatWaves often recommends. even with that
    though, due to the neck's structure, don't expect magic, only somewhat improved appearance. You can apply the same good product to your neck as to your face, and don't let a sales associate tell you any differently - their job is to sell you more specialized products, not really help you treat your skin!
    health-conscious, visionary artist in transition
    cara4curls wrote: »
    "For some of us (me included), that's were age starts showing first. The skin becomes crepey and loose. There's not a whole lot you can do about it (other than a mini-face-lift). That's why we're always looking for the HG." - KurlyKarenLee

Then you still don't need a "neck cream", you need more a proven good anti-ager, like RedCatWaves often recommends. even with that
    though, due to the neck's structure, don't expect magic, only somewhat improved appearance. You can apply the same good product to your neck as to your face, and don't let a sales associate tell you any differently - their job is to sell you more specialized products, not really help you treat your skin!

True...you can only affect the skin of the neck and face with the anti-aging stuff (like Retin-A or DMAE), but the underlying supporting structures will still continue to fall with age. It sucks...
    I saw a book today at Barnes & Noble that I was tempted to try. It was Yoga Facelift --or something like that. It had a lot of yoga exercises to tone the muscles in the face. Has anyone tried this?
    KurlyKarenLee

I saw a book today at Barnes & Noble that I was tempted to try. It was Yoga Facelift --or something like that. It had a lot of yoga exercises to tone the muscles in the face. Has anyone tried this?

There's a lot of debate about whether facial exercises can slow down aging, or if it actually speeds it up. My feeling is that we age from gravity and just from using it (smile lines, etc.)...and I don't want to overuse my face any more than it already is.
    Tomorrow's my Botox day! :blob7: :toothy7::blob7: I can't wait! I'm also thinking of having some Restylane shots, too!
    KurlyKarenLee

Tomorrow's my Botox day! :blob7: :toothy7::blob7: I can't wait! I'm also thinking of having some Restylane shots, too!

Let us know how it goes. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file