100% pure aloe vera gel

How many of you ladies use this, how do you use it? What has it done for your hair, and which brand do you use?
progress.gif

Comments

• eweniqueewenique Posts: 1,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Now and then I use Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera gel that I found at Walmart during the summer. If it's a bad hair day with lots of frizz, then I scrunch some into dry hair, let it dry, then scrunch out the crunch. It seems to help. I really haven't used it regularly since I've been having fun trying other products.
    2C wavy with some spirals. CG since April 07. Medium texture and porosity.
    COs: Yes to Cucumbers
    Stylers: Miss Jessies Coily Custard, KCCC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Live Simply. Use Soap
    www.TheLatheredLamb.com
    www.EweniqueEssentials.artfire.com
  • azcurlyazcurly Posts: 82Registered Users
    I use Lily of the Desert from the health food store. It has to be kept in the refrigerator and is the kind that can be taken internally. I think it really helps with frizz. I use it after my leave-in and then I put another gel over the aloe vera.
    3b/c ~ CG
    current favorites ~ TJ's Refresh, AOHR, SheaMoisture Shea Butter leave-in, AVG, FSG
  • darkBlondiedarkBlondie Posts: 84Registered Users
    I´m also interested in using aloe vera gel because it´s told to be so moisturizing. I have been given a NaturCare Aloe Gel and wonder if it´s CG friendly. Has anyone experience about it used as a moisturizer? I do no ´poo so I´m careful to try it in order to be sure to get it out of my hair without using ´poo. I´d rather hear your opinions of it first :wink:

It´s not 100% Aloe Vera, which would be better if it was. It´s originally meant for skin. Here are the ingredients:

Aqua, Aloe Barbadensis, Carbomer, Glycerin, Aminomethyl Propanol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, CI 15985, CI 42090.

I know that parabens are not that good, but how about the others? In the list of commonly used ingredients in haircare products, it says that propanol is an alcohol that may dry the hair. That urea is a preservative and may be drying though it´s not mentioned in list? CI 15985: http://chemicalland21.com/lifescience/foco/SUNSET%20YELLOW%20FCF.htm
    I didn´t find any information about CI 42090 being water soluble. Both are used for colouring.
    2A; CG friendly COs, adding time to time ACV, cocoanut oil, jojoba oil, glycerin, aloe vera juice or aloe vera gel; product-free
  • CurlyVeeCurlyVee Posts: 340Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    ewenique wrote: »
    Now and then I use Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera gel that I found at Walmart during the summer. If it's a bad hair day with lots of frizz, then I scrunch some into dry hair, let it dry, then scrunch out the crunch. It seems to help. I really haven't used it regularly since I've been having fun trying other products.

I use to do the same thing...it helped me w/ chloride build up too sonce I use to be on a swim team back in da day. Kept my hair healthy and in check...man why didnt I remember this when I was going through my hair drama ???:sad8:

Aloe in it natural form ( as in the plant) is good too....lil funky with the smell but it sorta fades out after a while...Thanks for reminding me <think Imma go to Walmat later to get some >:toothy7:
    Hyper Sensitive to many things !!!
    2017 Routine: Trader Joe's Nourish Spa Cond as co-wash; 365 Fragrance Free Shampoo; Aloe Vera Juice , Water and Apricot Seed Oil as leave in. :blob3:When all else fails, I run back to KCKT and KCCC :thumright: Shampoo weekly - co-wash every 2/3/4 days - just depends :compress:
  • darkBlondiedarkBlondie Posts: 84Registered Users
    I have been given a NaturCare Aloe Gel and wonder if it´s CG friendly...It´s not 100% Aloe Vera, which would be better if it was. It´s originally meant for skin. Here are the ingredients:

Aqua, Aloe Barbadensis, Carbomer, Glycerin, Aminomethyl Propanol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, CI 15985, CI 42090.

By chance when reading a link in a thread here in this forum I found out that the Aloe Gel mentioned above isn´t good for hair. The closer to 99% the better it is. Also there might be some pain-reliefing ingredients there (i.g. for sunburns) so that´s not good for the hair. That gel is dyed, too. Someone wrote that the gel she uses can be eaten(it´s so pure aloe vera). That must be healthy also for the hair :wink:
    2A; CG friendly COs, adding time to time ACV, cocoanut oil, jojoba oil, glycerin, aloe vera juice or aloe vera gel; product-free

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file