**Sale at PSF Skincare

ZinniaZinnia Registered Users Posts: 7,339
:occasion9:

www.psfskincare.com

free shipping for orders of $100+ during December

save an additional 10% on order total for full size products if placed by 12/9/07
Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin

Comments

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Registered Users Posts: 31,259 Curl Connoisseur
    Windflower wrote: »
    :occasion9:

https://www.psfskincare.com

free shipping for orders of $100+ during December

save an additional 10% on order total for full size products if placed by 12/9/07

Figures...I just ordered from them last week...
  • ZinniaZinnia Registered Users Posts: 7,339
    :tongue5:

i just reordered a DMAE, cleanser...also bought a Vit C (to compare to DY), a sunscreen and the pumpkin mask.

i must stop buying.... but i really like the cleanser and the DMAE.
    :tongue5:

i just reordered a DMAE, cleanser...also bought a Vit C (to compare to DY), a sunscreen and the pumpkin mask.

i must stop buying.... but i really like the cleanser and the DMAE.

Their pumpkin enzyme mask is really nice. Smells SO good.
    i am not sure if mask do any good, but i miss having a good mask to put on while i deep condition my hair. i was using a mask by ....goodness, i can't recall her name. but she has a papaya enzyme and a pumpkin mask. they are both very expensive, so i would buy a small .5 size now and a gain.

i am excited to try the pumpkin mask by PSF.

the acne mask is good. since i don't have acne all over my face, it can be a bit strong.

can't wait until friday for my derma appt. i have everything written down so i don't forget.
  • Curly Girl FlaCurly Girl Fla Registered Users Posts: 1,834 Curl Connoisseur
    Well, I was thinking about one of the two cleansers RCW recommends, and decided this was a sign that I should go ahead and place an order with PSF...however, I was probably foolish (because I shouldn't spend $$$ right now) and didn't stop at the cleanser-got DMAE gel, BHA. and the scrub cleanser, too. Now to go back through these threads and write down exactly how I'm supposed to use these things!
    :) welcome to the skin care addicts thread!

due to the sale, i bought the pumpkin mask and sunscreen and vit c.

i wonder how the scrub cleanser works? you will have to post your results.

i really like the DMAE.
  • KurlyKarenLeeKurlyKarenLee Registered Users Posts: 1,048
    Oh, boy!! I've got my list ready. I'm gonna get some PSF cleanser that RCW recommends, some DMAE, and some Vit C. I was thinking about their Brow-Tox, too, but, I dunno. I talked to my doctor about Botox the other day. She said it would only be $170 to get my forehead done. So I'm thinking that I'll save my money for that.
    KurlyKarenLee

You can say what you want about the South, but you never hear of anyone retiring and moving North.
    Oh, boy!! I've got my list ready. I'm gonna get some PSF cleanser that RCW recommends, some DMAE, and some Vit C. I was thinking about their Brow-Tox, too, but, I dunno. I talked to my doctor about Botox the other day. She said it would only be $170 to get my forehead done. So I'm thinking that I'll save my money for that.

Oh, do the real Botox. It's less expensive than the topicals, and it actually works. I'm going to start doing it soon too. My forehead isn't wrinkled yet, but I don't want it to get wrinkled and if I do botox before it gets wrinkled, there's a chance it might never get wrinkled.
    RCW,

did you add the Antioxidant Booster that came with the PSF Vit C to the Vit C? or did you add it to a different product?
    RCW,

did you add the Antioxidant Booster that came with the PSF Vit C to the Vit C? or did you add it to a different product?

Yes, I do add the booster thingy to the Vit C. I'm not sure it does anything extra, but they send it free, so what the hell...
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Registered Users Posts: 15,402 Curl Neophyte
    RCW, do you use or are familiar with their SPF 50 sunscreen and the Hyaluronic acid?
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
    i recently bought the PSF 30 sunscreen. i have only been using it for a few days, and so far i like it.
    RCW, do you use or are familiar with their SPF 50 sunscreen and the Hyaluronic acid?

Their HA is fine...it's just HA. Price is OK, although if you like HA and use a lot of it, it's cheaper to buy it in volume at:

http://www.ingredientstodiefor.com/item.php?item_id=126

I'm not a fan of any sunscreen, so I haven't tried PSF's versions. I wear mineral makeup every day and that has a natural sunscreen built in, and I really only wear a separate sunscreen when I'm at the beach or out in the sun all day and then I wash it off as soon as I go inside. I can't bear any of that chemical stuff on my face...breaks me out.
  • kcurlskcurls Registered Users Posts: 205
    Here's something odd I noticed.

I received my Vit C from PSF this past Wednesday, and started using it. A couple of days later I noticed an expiration date of 3-08 on the bottom of the box (not on the bottle). Whoa! I am definitely hoping to have this bottle for longer than 3 months - especially applying it carefully and using every drop!

I am going to call them and ask them what's up on Monday. But I wonder if anyone else has noticed this, or knows: does Vit C ALWAYS have a short shelf life, or did they send me an "old" batch.

Anyway, I'll report back
    3A - fine, just above shoulder length, w/red color and highlights.

Product: Suave Coconut leave in, Joico Joiwhip mousse, Angell or F/X Curl booster on wet hair. Sometimes rotate in ReCoil/CK.

Routine: Scrunch with cloth diapers, then use Shellynot's clipping method. Diffuse a bit without touching hair. Leave clips in at least half and hour. Remove clips and air dry.

Day 2: Pineapple, no product.

DT once a week with DevaCare OneC

ALSO:
    "I got a crush on Obama."
    mine also has a exp date of 3/08.

according to the DY site, " The 25% Vitamin C has a shelf life of 6 months. However, the manufacturer recommends to use within 3 months to ensure optimum potency."

i wonder if the same applies to PSF?

please let us know what PSF says about the date.
  • KurlyKarenLeeKurlyKarenLee Registered Users Posts: 1,048
    I threw my box away before noticing an expiration date.

I got a sample of the pumpkin mask. When I tried it, my skin felt like I had just poured acid all over it. I had to wipe it off immediately. I don't know if it's too strong for me, or if I had some kind of allergic reaction. My face has been extremely red now for two days because of it. I'm going to back off on all products until it gets back to normal. Even the castile cleaner hurts.

As far as the DMAE, I have not been able to use it enough yet to see any visible results; but I HATE the smell. It makes me gag! :pukel:
    KurlyKarenLee

You can say what you want about the South, but you never hear of anyone retiring and moving North.
    oh that's too bad...

the smell of the DMAE doesn't bother me...i am now used to it.

the pumpkin mask is strong...i will not be using it while i am using retin-a.

i have some irritation from the retin-a and from something i ate on friday.
    kcurls wrote: »
    Here's something odd I noticed.

I received my Vit C from PSF this past Wednesday, and started using it. A couple of days later I noticed an expiration date of 3-08 on the bottom of the box (not on the bottle). Whoa! I am definitely hoping to have this bottle for longer than 3 months - especially applying it carefully and using every drop!

I am going to call them and ask them what's up on Monday. But I wonder if anyone else has noticed this, or knows: does Vit C ALWAYS have a short shelf life, or did they send me an "old" batch.

Anyway, I'll report back

Vit C doesn't last very long once you open it (and even then it probably wouldn't last more than say 6 months unopened). It starts oxydizing and turning orange. It can get really dark, at which point it doesn't have any efficacy any longer. I can't imagine any brand of Vit C lasting 3 months once opened. It's just the nature of the product.
    I threw my box away before noticing an expiration date.

I got a sample of the pumpkin mask. When I tried it, my skin felt like I had just poured acid all over it. I had to wipe it off immediately. I don't know if it's too strong for me, or if I had some kind of allergic reaction. My face has been extremely red now for two days because of it. I'm going to back off on all products until it gets back to normal. Even the castile cleaner hurts.

As far as the DMAE, I have not been able to use it enough yet to see any visible results; but I HATE the smell. It makes me gag! :pukel:

I used to hate it, but now I actually like the smell of DMAE.

Yes, I'd definitely back off on all actives while you're healing from the pumpkin-mask-incident. Apparently that product is not for you.
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Registered Users Posts: 15,402 Curl Neophyte

Their HA is fine...it's just HA. Price is OK, although if you like HA and use a lot of it, it's cheaper to buy it in volume at:

I'm not a fan of any sunscreen, so I haven't tried PSF's versions. I wear mineral makeup every day and that has a natural sunscreen built in, and I really only wear a separate sunscreen when I'm at the beach or out in the sun all day and then I wash it off as soon as I go inside. I can't bear any of that chemical stuff on my face...breaks me out.

the HA at ingredients to die for is only 1% hence the lower price. PSF doesn't say what their concentration is, but the ingredients only list HA, so I'm thinking it's higher. It's cheaper than the KAL 10% HA gel. I definitely need a sunblock because of my freckles and melasma. Was looking on Makeup alley at Sheseido and another brand that were SPF 50, the saw your PSF post. The L'Occitane Immortelle I use has SPF45 but it's titanium dioxide (not a good chemical) - so I won't be repurchasing.
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.

the HA at ingredients to die for is only 1% hence the lower price. PSF doesn't say what their concentration is, but the ingredients only list HA, so I'm thinking it's higher. It's cheaper than the KAL 10% HA gel. I definitely need a sunblock because of my freckles and melasma. Was looking on Makeup alley at Sheseido and another brand that were SPF 50, the saw your PSF post. The L'Occitane Immortelle I use has SPF45 but it's titanium dioxide (not a good chemical) - so I won't be repurchasing.

I think all facial HA's are 1%. Anything more and it would be too thick to spread. A 10% HA gel must mean 10% of something else, or one of those HA vitamins.
  • kcurlskcurls Registered Users Posts: 205
    I did call PSF today and talked to a very nice man who told me that the "best before" labels are actually "sell by" dates. In other words, the potency of the product will not significantly diminish until about 6 months. They have recently changed their labels to actually say "sell by" since this question has come up before.

Hopefully this is not just marketing and the product's efficacy will last as long as I am using it.

The feedback I gave him was that the company should make sure the amount of product/directions for use/optimal potency - all match up. If I am only using a few drops, as directed, and I still have a bit of product left after the "best before" date, when the potency diminishes, there is something wrong here. He understood my issue.

Meanwhile, I will take him at his word, but also heed the words of RedCatWaves and Windflower about Vit C in general.

I was tempted to start using it everywhere (feet, toes, bottom!) in order to use it up in time, but I'll hold off for now!
    3A - fine, just above shoulder length, w/red color and highlights.

Product: Suave Coconut leave in, Joico Joiwhip mousse, Angell or F/X Curl booster on wet hair. Sometimes rotate in ReCoil/CK.

Routine: Scrunch with cloth diapers, then use Shellynot's clipping method. Diffuse a bit without touching hair. Leave clips in at least half and hour. Remove clips and air dry.

Day 2: Pineapple, no product.

DT once a week with DevaCare OneC

ALSO:
    "I got a crush on Obama."
    kcurls wrote: »
    I did call PSF today and talked to a very nice man who told me that the "best before" labels are actually "sell by" dates. In other words, the potency of the product will not significantly diminish until about 6 months. They have recently changed their labels to actually say "sell by" since this question has come up before.

Hopefully this is not just marketing and the product's efficacy will last as long as I am using it.

The feedback I gave him was that the company should make sure the amount of product/directions for use/optimal potency - all match up. If I am only using a few drops, as directed, and I still have a bit of product left after the "best before" date, when the potency diminishes, there is something wrong here. He understood my issue.

Meanwhile, I will take him at his word, but also heed the words of RedCatWaves and Windflower about Vit C in general.

I was tempted to start using it everywhere (feet, toes, bottom!) in order to use it up in time, but I'll hold off for now!

They noted that expiration/use-by date on the website already, so apparently the owner took your suggestions to heart right away.

I use Vit C daily, and I guess the bottle lasts me about 6-8 weeks. It sometimes starts to turn slightly yellow by the end of the bottle. That slight color change is OK, but once it turns a dark orange, it's pretty much lost all it's potency. I use about 1/2 a dropperful each day...my face must be big, because a "few drops" would not be enough.

Be sure to store your Vit C in a cool place, out of sunlight. I keep mine in a little drawer on my makeup table. If you keep it out on the sink or table and it gets indirect sunlight from your windows, it will degrade faster.
    PSF's site states to keep the Vit in its box.

i use the vit c on my neck.

to kurlykarenleet, who was having problems with peeling/burning skin. applying straight HA really helps. i had a reaction to some food i ate last friday that caused my eyes to swell, water and burn as well as my forehead and cheeks. it was a mess.

the HA soothed, calmed and helped the redness and peeling skin to disappear. i still have a bit of peeling on my eyelids, but overall, my face looks a lot better.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file