curls gone, now i feel depressed!

KellKell Posts: 201Registered Users
Okay, so I got my hair straightened, and it looks really really nice. But I feel not like myself, like a chunk of my personality is gone.
J&J Baby Shampoo fugged up my hair! :thumbdown:

Comments

• LadyLboogieLadyLboogie Posts: 109Registered Users
    kell, i think it looks really nice. I know how you feel though....kinda like your identity is missing. As soon as your wash it your curls will come back. So how did you enjoy your experience with Brandi? Would you go back?
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    It does look very nice, and you do look totally different!
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • kdkd Posts: 291Registered Users
    it looks good; is it permanent?
    comic-p.jpg

Hairveda Whipped cream, suave tropical coconut, kenra, pantene r&n mask:color:http://public.fotki.com/silkycurlskd/

event.png
  • eccentric_kurlzeccentric_kurlz Posts: 4,151Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    It looks good. And I agree with you looking totally different. But you can always wash it out....if it's not permanent.
    A wonderful mix of coils, curls, corkscrews, and kinks.

http://s211.photobucket.com/albums/bb133/shyygirl_2007/
    PW: curlyhair

I have a blog now. Follow meeeee! :)

http://naturalurbanista.blogspot.com/

"You see, when it comes to language competence, a true patriot must hit that sweet spot between "job-stealing immigrant" and "liberal elitist." ~Eilonwy

Wanna have access to the top names in fashion and luxury at up to 70% off retail? Sure you do. http://tinyurl.com/3yxneol

DC metro area
  • ItsiRCItsiRC Posts: 335Registered Users
    your hair is super cute.
    I'm going to Mexico until this bills business blows over.

pw:master shake

.png
  • natashamcknatashamck Posts: 434Registered Users
    Aww Kell...

Even though your hair is super cute straightened, I know how you feel. Although I like my hair straight, I LOVE my nappywavykinkycurlycrazy hair. I feel like with my hair straightened I look like everyone else. Then I'll go out and see someone rockin' a natural 'do and have hairstyle remorse... :neutral:
    mostly coarse texture, normal porosity... I think?
    HG: Generic Matrix Biolage, KCCC, KCKT, CBSS WSHP
  • mariag002mariag002 Posts: 3,557Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Wow look how long your hair really is! That's amazing!

I know what you're saying, maybe its bringing back old bad memories of your relaxer days.... but the good news is a bucket of water will make that curly hair come right back LOL Congrats on being able to rock curly and straight hair whenever you please :wink:
    - Maria

Big Chop: 9/23/07
    Relaxer free for almost 5 years!

• subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    you do look totally different but your hair looks great. i cant wait until mine reaches that length!
  • KellKell Posts: 201Registered Users
    Natasha, yeah I look like everyone else. My curls make me feel special. For one, not everyone has curly hair, and not everyone has the guts to go curly. Of course everyone told me how nice my hair looked, which they always do when its straight. But everyones so programmed to think straight hair is better! I looked at my flat hair and felt depressed.

LadyL - I was very impressed with Brandi. She's very good, very professional, and very fun. She totally understood all my concerns. :love4: I actually bought a few of those phytoderm products that she used on my hair, took my bill over $200. :sad3: lol But the stuff worked. My old stylist used to press my roots with a pressing comb THEN flatiron. She doesnt even need that stuff it came out smooth as ever. And I was outta there in hour and half. She was just great. She balked at my no poo routine, and said it was like putting on lotion without taking a bath. omg :toothy7:

I owe you one for the great referral!

Thanks everyone I feel better now! I cant throw away my investment, so Ill keep it til next weekend when I goto florida. I cant wait to wash it (and try these products I bought).
  • natashamcknatashamck Posts: 434Registered Users
    Kell wrote: »
    .... She balked at my no poo routine, and said it was like putting on lotion without taking a bath. omg :toothy7:
    LOL! That's a funny way to look at it... But it's really like taking a bath with a more moisturizing creamy bodywash so that you won't have to use as much lotion lol!
    mostly coarse texture, normal porosity... I think?
    HG: Generic Matrix Biolage, KCCC, KCKT, CBSS WSHP
    Kell, I love my newly found curls and I don't mind wearing it non-curly for like 5 days.. but then I get that itchin of wanting to feel my curls. So whenever I wash my hair I jump out the shower and look in the mirror and I smile and say Ha there you are. Yes I talk to my hair :laughing7:
    - Maria

• momo7momo7 Posts: 478Registered Users
    natashamck wrote: »
    ... I feel like with my hair straightened I look like everyone else. Then I'll go out and see someone rockin' a natural 'do and have hairstyle remorse... :neutral:

OMG, I've felt that way b4 2.:angry7:
    I just found this YouTube video someone made. She had her hair pressed and not only did the hairdresser permanently straighten a few pieces of hair, she actually made a nasty burn mark on the poor girl's face. Wow I was so mad when I saw this http://youtube.com/watch?v=1nWcm2RY2UI&feature=related

This is the reason why I do my own hair. If I screw it up at least I know I didn't pay somebody to fry my hair. :sad8:
    - Maria

• cclark1cclark1 Posts: 346Registered Users
    I think your hair looks cute both ways!
    Dare to be......remarkable!!!
  • KellKell Posts: 201Registered Users
    Why baldhead women always saying their hair was down their back? Women feel the need to tell me this all the time.

I didnt hear her mention anything about getting pressed, she said she cut off braids. Ive know idea how my curls survived years of pressing. I thought you HAD to get it pressed if you didt have a perm, another fabrication. I dont know how Brandi got my roots so smooth with nothing but a flatiron, but she did. All those years, I pressed for nothing. lol
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    You're hair looks really nice straight but your curls are so much more gorgeous!!

Speckla
  • frizzbegonefrizzbegone Posts: 137Registered Users
    I know what you mean. I feel like a clone when I wear my hair straight. Sometimes you've got to switch it up.
    3c
    Relaxer free since '96. TIGI Bed Head Control Freak Shampoo, TIGI Bed Head Foxy Curls condish, Let's Jam Conditioning Gel Extra Hold, IC Tea Tree Instant Moisturizer, and African Royale hot six oil

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file