We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes

Learn more!

what is the pixie curl diffusing method?

i absolutely pinky-promised that i've searched. but quite fruitlessly, so i thought i might as well ask. i've nto been having any luck with my diffusion techniques (though admittedly this could be because being quite wary of a blowdryer i opted for the most inexpensive model.)

so yes... detailed instructions? vague directions? pictorial guide?

Comments

• eweniqueewenique Posts: 1,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    The pixiecurl method is to diffuse your hair in sections by scrunching your hair with the diffuser up to your scalp, drying for a minute or two, then turning the dryer off, moving to another section, diffusing with hair scrunched to the scalp, etc. This keeps the hair from blowing around too much and encourages more curls since it's like plopping with the diffuser. Hope that makes sense. Someone else may explain it better...
    2C wavy with some spirals. CG since April 07. Medium texture and porosity.
    COs: Yes to Cucumbers
    Stylers: Miss Jessies Coily Custard, KCCC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Live Simply. Use Soap
    www.TheLatheredLamb.com
    www.EweniqueEssentials.artfire.com
  • emmêleremmêler Posts: 137Registered Users
    ewenique - thank you so much!
  • FrizzBgoneFrizzBgone Posts: 2,678Registered Users
    emmêler wrote: »
    i absolutely pinky-promised that i've searched. but quite fruitlessly, so i thought i might as well ask. i've nto been having any luck with my diffusion techniques (though admittedly this could be because being quite wary of a blowdryer i opted for the most inexpensive model.)

Pixiecurl is the method I use ... it works amazingly well ... avoiding the fly-away frizzies you can get when you're using a diffuser.

You put your hair into the diffuser; put it right up to your head and THEN you turn on the hair dryer. If it is getting hot at your scalp, you can use the cool shot on your hair dryer ... and then go back to the heat setting. BEFORE you move the hair dryer/diffuser, you turn off the hair dryer.
    I think the true pixiecurl method says to use the low setting on the hair dryer.
    I use the hot / high setting on the hair dryer. My hair takes forever to dry. As long as I turn off the hair dryer before I move it, it works great.
    This is the only way that I can dry my hair without ending up with frizzy fly-aways.
    The other thing that I have found that makes big difference with the hair dryers is negative ions. I paid a lot of money for my hair dryer, but I think they have less expensive ones now that have the negative ions. My hair dries faster and less frizzy since I've had this hair dryer ... the pixiecurl method just perfected it !!

HTH
    Type: 3a fine & dense,with normal porosity, terrible product junkie
    ROUTINE: LI, enhancer, gel, plop with Curlease towel, serum product (either CIAB or Gel-les'c), clip & diffuse.
    Too many favourite products to list ... I finally have my routine that works and alot of products to choose from. My product stash is huge, but well loved !!!
  • Just KimmieJust Kimmie Posts: 116Registered Users
    Hmmm...I do a modified pixie. I don't use clips or section my hair, because I don't have a ton of it...but, as the diffuser runs and my head is upside-down, I "cradle" my forming curls gently as I press them flatly towards my scalp. Kind of a plop-in-motion.
    Hair Type: 2B/3A hybrid, I believe. Had it short for about 5 years, and have since let it grow. Layers have brought out the curl...and I haven't gone 'straight' since!

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FKimmie7448%2Fcurls-rule%2F" class="Popup
  • monkeycurlmonkeycurl Posts: 35Registered Users
    I have tried diffusing my hair using the pixie curl method butt I am not having a lot of luck. Originally I was using the dryer on the coldest and slowest option, but I was getting no where - I might as well air dryed.
    Then I used some heat but just got frizz!! Has anyone got any tips or can I just not blow dry? My hair takes hours to air dry!!!
    UK Curly
  • soulcurlysoulcurly Posts: 61Registered Users
    FrizzBgone wrote: »
    emmêler wrote: »

Pixiecurl is the method I use ... it works amazingly well ... avoiding the fly-away frizzies you can get when you're using a diffuser.

You put your hair into the diffuser; put it right up to your head and THEN you turn on the hair dryer. If it is getting hot at your scalp, you can use the cool shot on your hair dryer ... and then go back to the heat setting. BEFORE you move the hair dryer/diffuser, you turn off the hair dryer.
    I think the true pixiecurl method says to use the low setting on the hair dryer.
    I use the hot / high setting on the hair dryer. My hair takes forever to dry. As long as I turn off the hair dryer before I move it, it works great.
    This is the only way that I can dry my hair without ending up with frizzy fly-aways.
    The other thing that I have found that makes big difference with the hair dryers is negative ions. I paid a lot of money for my hair dryer, but I think they have less expensive ones now that have the negative ions. My hair dries faster and less frizzy since I've had this hair dryer ... the pixiecurl method just perfected it !!

HTH

I've tried it exactly this way and while I get no frizz at all, I also get no volume AT ALL. I get really tight curls that don't seem to loosen when I scrunch after they dry. I've just been doing the old way of diffusing and dealing with the little bit of frizz because my hair looks ten times better with all the volume. Any tips???
    3B*CGsince 7/08
    ABSOLUTELY LOVING!:
    -Giovanni 50:50
    -CK
    -Giovanni Direct Leave-in
    -KCCC and FOTE
    -Jane Carter Nourish and Shine
    -Cowash-Giovanni Triple Tea Treat-
    -DT-Giovanni Smooth as Silk
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fsoulcurly%2F" class="Popup
    pw: mulatto
    "Aside from women, music makes the world go round..."
  • zeldagoblinzeldagoblin Posts: 575Registered Users
    Does pixiecurl realise she is almost a famous household name among curlies because of this method??:toothy7:
    Here are my curly pics, password is fuzz

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fzeldagoblin%2F" class="Popup

But then again, too few to mention...
  • CurlywavesCurlywaves Posts: 104Registered Users
    soulcurly wrote: »
    I've tried it exactly this way and while I get no frizz at all, I also get no volume AT ALL. I get really tight curls that don't seem to loosen when I scrunch after they dry. I've just been doing the old way of diffusing and dealing with the little bit of frizz because my hair looks ten times better with all the volume. Any tips???

I had the same problem--no frizz but no volume either. I tried the pixiecurl method again this morning, but this time I didn't put the diffuser right up to my head. I left a little bit of room so my roots wouldn't get mashed down, and I ended up frizz-free with lots of volume.

It's early, but so far this is the best hair day I've had in a long time. :iconbiggrin:
    Baby fine 2c/3a...modified CG since 07/30/08 & lovin' it so far :toothy7:
  • soulcurlysoulcurly Posts: 61Registered Users
    Curlywaves wrote: »
    soulcurly wrote: »

I had the same problem--no frizz but no volume either. I tried the pixiecurl method again this morning, but this time I didn't put the diffuser right up to my head. I left a little bit of room so my roots wouldn't get mashed down, and I ended up frizz-free with lots of volume.

It's early, but so far this is the best hair day I've had in a long time. :iconbiggrin:

I'll give that a whirl and see if it works for me. Thanks!
    3B*CGsince 7/08
    ABSOLUTELY LOVING!:
    -Giovanni 50:50
    -CK
    -Giovanni Direct Leave-in
    -KCCC and FOTE
    -Jane Carter Nourish and Shine
    -Cowash-Giovanni Triple Tea Treat-
    -DT-Giovanni Smooth as Silk
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fsoulcurly%2F" class="Popup
    pw: mulatto
    "Aside from women, music makes the world go round..."
  • curlygirl18curlygirl18 Posts: 355Registered Users
    I know I'm late to this thread, but I was reading it and just had to add that I have been pixie-curling the last few days and WOW, I LOVE it. It gives me such great curls and they pop right up in shrinkage. It's so awesome, I love it.
    Condish Faves: GVP Condish Balm, GDLI, GTTTT
    HG Stylers as of NOW: DMCCB, CJ CCCC, Boots, Re:Coil, SMU, BRHG
    ABSOLUTE FAVES: KCP, CJ AF
  • threegracesthreegraces Posts: 17Registered Users
    I just tried this method this morning after seeing the acronym in the FAQ sticky. Wow! Just, wow! What a difference. I'd gotten lazy with my diffusing and thought it didn't make that much difference but it so does. I'm so happy I found this forum :)
  • CurlyMummyCurlyMummy Posts: 29Registered Users
    This sounds interesting - what do you guys use as a styling product, gel, mousse, cream? I use gel on soaking wet hair at the moment then scrunch with a towel. I let it air dry then scrunch the hardness out which is great but I either always go out with wet hair and deal with it looking wet until I scrunch, or having to wash my hair 3 hours in advance!

My pics are here so you can see my hair type http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=75034
    UK curly going CG from 7th May 09.
    Think my hair is 2a/2b/3a

Currently using
    NECTO Pure Coconut Oil Moisture Infusing conditioner
    Waitrose Organic Moisturising conditioner with organic sweet almond and geranium oils
    Attempting to get on with homemade FSG so far so good

Avoiding sls, sles and parabens

victoriaanndesign.com
  • burgundy_locksburgundy_locks Posts: 2,420Registered Users
    i have NEVER been successful at diffusing... could only try for 30 seconds before my hair blowing all over, feeling sticky, getting frustrated, etc. i will try this :)
    para los gustos se hicieron los colores

i has no hair type? (medium, f-iii), normal porosity, LOW elasticity.
    CG journey began 2/8/09 - 4-08-09.. and then mod cg 4/14/09 -... 03/02/10- Barely CG but I like CG products :)
    wash with Low Poo or Poo
    condition with GVP Conditioning Balm or CJ BC Daily, Loreal Color Vive for Color Treated Hair Thats Normal
    Leave ins- Garnier S&S; Marrakesh oil
    style with - Ohm SHP; KCCC- BRHG or Boots- KCCC- BRHG; CIAB; CCCC
    Protein- GVP Joico K-Pak
    Play with ACV
  • jwill112876jwill112876 Posts: 205Registered Users
    CurlyMummy wrote: »
    This sounds interesting - what do you guys use as a styling product, gel, mousse, cream? I use gel on soaking wet hair at the moment then scrunch with a towel. I let it air dry then scrunch the hardness out which is great but I either always go out with wet hair and deal with it looking wet until I scrunch, or having to wash my hair 3 hours in advance!

My pics are here so you can see my hair type http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=75034

I scrunch all my products into dripping wet hair. By the time I'm thru scrunching with my Curlease towel most of the drips are gone. Then I make sure that my part for my bangs is pretty good and then flip over and start pixie'ing'....I get GREAT results! I get great volume at the roots (although I have never had a problem with no volume :toothy7:) and I have little to no frizz...

I can't stand leaving the house with a wet head so I have to diffuse nd this is the only way I have done it that leaves me with great curls and no frizz...

HTH

Jenn :)
    CG since April09
    2b ~ regularly
    2c ~ on a 'good' day
    Deva Products for Challenge
    co-wash ~ Suave coconut
    condish ~ BLCB
    style ~ JCRR & JCCC & BRHG
    clarify ~ BS rinse & ACV

:love7:Currently jones-ing for KCCC & KCKT:love7:

:wav:
  • xXCurlyGurliexXxXCurlyGurliexX Posts: 20Registered Users
    Kewl, gonna try the pixie curl method tomorro, i'll report back on results
    Brunette 3a/b Aussie with Curls

CG n' Lovin it :D

event.png

• psps Posts: 11Registered Users

• shortstackshortstack Posts: 158Registered Users
    I'm very new to this curly-haired stuff. I've been abusing my poor ringlets for 30 years, blow-drying and straightening. I've had it with all that and have been off 'cones and sulfates for a few weeks and have had some hilarious hair days as I try to learn about diffusing and air drying. I tried pixie-ing this morning and the results were GREAT! The only curly hair styling product I have in the house is Nexxus Alluring Curls, so I smoothed some in my soaking wet hair, scrunched it in a soft t-shirt, let it air dry for a few minutes and pixied. Wow, my hair is so curly! I haven't had nice curls like this since age 6. Thanks for posting this thread!
    :notworthy:

2a/3a, fine, highlights and lowlights, shoulder length. Chicago suburbs. 8-)
    Lo-poo: Terax Miele or Collagene, Unite Eurotherapy, CJ Daily Fix
    Co-wash: Suave Tangerine or Strawberry
    Rinse-out: Terax Crema, TIGI MM or Oatmeal/Honey, Biolage Cond Balm, CJRehab
    Leave-In: Beauticurls LI, LOOC, GDLI
    Stylers: Terax Silk Foam, KCCC, Komaza CHP, Aquage Megagel, ABBA Pure Finish
    SOTC: Tweek,CJ Beyoooticurls Leave-In!
    DT: JCWDT, Ouidad, Curl Fix

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FShortstack66%2F" class="Popup
  • hipchickhipchick Posts: 350Registered Users
    For those of you who do the Pixie Curl Method, do you use clips after diffusing? Do you all diffuse upside down?
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users
    hipchick wrote: »
    For those of you who do the Pixie Curl Method, do you use clips after diffusing? Do you all diffuse upside down?

When I use clips I clip after I have diffused upside down for a couple of minutes. Then I put in the clips...and I will aim the diffuser at them. I will also flip upside down again with the clips in. I think I have early clip removal dysfunction. But I also have diffusing dysfunction. I get bored with it so I do not do it long enough. So you may want to take my method with a grain of salt.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • hipchickhipchick Posts: 350Registered Users
    Thanks xcptni. I have the same dysfunctions. I'm going to try your method and see what happens.
  • slb2221slb2221 Posts: 126Registered Users
    cool, i'll try this tonight:nemo:
  • wavesorcurlswavesorcurls Posts: 29Registered Users
    WOW! I tried this and I simply cannot believe the results. I got AMAZING curls. In fact, some clumps had to be pulled apart they were so big! I NEVER diffuse the old way again!
    Type: 2c-3a on a good day, fine, low porosity, light brown.
    Poo: Vitamin Shampoo
    Condish: Good Ole' Suave Coconut
    Deep (?) Condish: HE Hello Hydration
    Style: Aussie Sydney Smooth, Curls Rock Curl Amplifier
    Description: My hair loves humidity and aloe vera!

nwy695.jpg
  • waterlily716waterlily716 Posts: 781Registered Users
    I've done a video on this method, which is my tried and true way to blow dry. It's here if anyone would like to see a demonstration:

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DRC8d2DP6NGA" class="Popup
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    3a/b low to normal porosity curls
    CG method since 2006 @:-)
    CO wash: suave naturals coconut
    rinse out CO: GVP conditioning balm
    stylers: KCNT, CK, jessicurl spiralicious
    @waterlily716 on YouTube, FB, & Twitter
    Blog: Curls and Blossoms

• greekgoddessgreekgoddess Posts: 459Registered Users
    Well my diffuser finally came today and my Curls Like Us Cloths came the day before. I also bought some [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Knot-Today-p-207.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-knot-today-leaveindetangler]KCKT[/buylink] & Jane Carter Nourish & Shine at Whole Foods yesterday. I raked in the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Knot-Today-p-207.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-knot-today-leaveindetangler]KCKT[/buylink] after I got out of the shower, and I must say that I ♥'ed it. Then I used [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink] by scrunching it in my hair. The only thing that I think I may have done wrong when I did the Pixie Method, is that I don't think that I diffused each section long enough. Could you guys please tell me how long you are keeping it for each section of the hair. Thanks :0) I will have to give you results tomorrow, even though I think I didn't diffuse it long enough. All my attempts in diffusing have always resulted in frizz, but I could tell that this definitely will work, just don't know if I did it long enough for each section. Also should my diffuser be pushed down as far as it will go?
    3a/3b & fine
    CG since 3/2010
    Low sulphate shampoo once a week:
    Elucence Moisture Benefits Shampoo

Rinse Out Conditioner - used only when needed - Elucence Moisture Benefits, & KCKT

Leave-in - used only when needed - KCKT

Co-wash- Elucence Moisture Benefits Conditioner (about 1-2 a week).

Stylers: KCKT, Eco-Styler Gel, AG:Recoil, FSG.

Styling: Raking and smoothing product throughout hair and then the Super Soaker Method without the Denman.
    Well my diffuser finally came today and my Curls Like Us Cloths came the day before. I also bought some [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Knot-Today-p-207.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-knot-today-leaveindetangler]KCKT[/buylink] & Jane Carter Nourish & Shine at Whole Foods yesterday. I raked in the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Knot-Today-p-207.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-knot-today-leaveindetangler]KCKT[/buylink] after I got out of the shower, and I must say that I ♥'ed it. Then I used [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink] by scrunching it in my hair. The only thing that I think I may have done wrong when I did the Pixie Method, is that I don't think that I diffused each section long enough. Could you guys please tell me how long you are keeping it for each section of the hair. Thanks :0) I will have to give you results tomorrow, even though I think I didn't diffuse it long enough. All my attempts in diffusing have always resulted in frizz, but I could tell that this definitely will work, just don't know if I did it long enough for each section. Also should my diffuser be pushed down as far as it will go?

Hello :) 45-60 seconds is generally good. Your dryer's settings DO matter. :) It causes less frizz if your dryer is on low speed instead of high speed. It will dry faster with the dryer on "hot", but it will cause more damage that if the dryer is on "warm".

I don't think drying your hair for too little time is the reason your hair is frizzing. (Make sure not to dry the hair too long though (only to about 80% dry) or that will cause frizz, actually.) Are you making sure to turn the dryer on and off while it is pressed to your head? Also you might try waiting five minutes after applying products for them to "set." You can always apply a little more after diffusing if you get frizzies too. HTH :)
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

Whimaway - I'm sorry, I didn't really clarify... I was speaking about when I use to diffuse. When I diffused yesterday with the Pixie Method, I didn't get any frizz. I put my blowdryer on its lowest setting, and the warmth on medium (not hot). But I don't think that I did each section for 45-60 seconds. It was a little difficult for me to do each section. I think I did both sides of my hair and then tried to do the back. I tried using KKCC yesterday again by scrunching it in. I am not thrilled with my results. I still really want this to work for me. I can see its potential but maybe I am doing something wrong. I got better clumps using a Creme and some LALSG and leave in. I absolutely loved the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Knot-Today-p-207.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-knot-today-leaveindetangler]Knot Today[/buylink] though. Thanks so much again for all your help!
    3a/3b & fine
    CG since 3/2010

Rinse Out Conditioner - used only when needed - Elucence Moisture Benefits, & KCKT

Styling: Raking and smoothing product throughout hair and then the Super Soaker Method without the Denman.
    Ohhh ok. Lol I read it as you were still getting frizz from diffusing.

I get really bored while diffusing, so I never do a thorough job. Also I never got KCCC to work for me either. I should probably sell it...
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

O.K., I think the reason why the first time I tried the Pixie Method, it was a little of me not using the diffuser long enough on each section, but that most of it was that I had used [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink]. I just can't get it to work for me either. I do love the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Knot-Today-p-207.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-knot-today-leaveindetangler]KCKT[/buylink] though. It just glides through my hair. I will definitely be buying this leave-in again. Oh, and by using my Alba Soft Hold Styling Creme and a little LALSG and the Pixie I was able to get beautiful curls, and I actually diffused my hair with absolutely no frizz. YIPPEEE!!! I have never been able to do this. I always sleep with wet hair, which I don't mind, but would rather not....I will definitely be doing this more often. Thanks so much for helping me out Whimaway!

I also have another question for you. How often do you co-wash (condition your scalp with conditioner). Do you do days where you just use water, because I am finding that I can't co-wash too often because I get a lot of build up in the back of my scalp area. I end up using baking soda, and I am back to normal. But, I was curious - Do some people just do water rinses?
    3a/3b & fine
    CG since 3/2010

I also have another question for you. How often do you co-wash (condition your scalp with conditioner). Do you do days where you just use water, because I am finding that I can't co-wash too often because I get a lot of build up in the back of my scalp area. I end up using baking soda, and I am back to normal. But, I was curious - Do some people just do water rinses?

I co-wash whenever and wherever my scalp feels itchy. I tend to co-wash in spots. I'm pretty sure some people just rinse with water, but I co-wash every time I take a shower.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

• Auntie BubbsAuntie Bubbs Posts: 1,068Registered Users
    Belated thanks for explaining the pixie curl/drying method. I'd been wondering how to dry my hair doing this. I thought the term referred to curling my hair around my fingers :D and that I would have to go around my whole head individually finger-curling and placing my curls. No way could I do that with all my hair! LoL
    I did this for the first time yesterday and my curls came out really pretty, but I did get more friz than I normally do. I did everything else as I usually would, except instead of gently squeezing out the water with a soft t-shirt like usual, I used paper towels. I also used my normal gel, which works great and has never given me problems. I normally layer it over MOP c-system's curl defining cream, and don't get frizz. This time I used it with CJ's [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curl-Junkie-CoffeeCoco-Curl-Creme-p-488.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=curl-junkie-coffeecoco-curl-creme]CCCC[/buylink] because I'm testing oout the curl junkie prooducts. So I could've gotten frizz from the curl junkie line ([buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curl-Junkie-Curls-in-a-Bottle-p-995.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=Curl-Junkie-Curls-in-a-Bottle]CIAB[/buylink] ddidn't have enough hold for me when I used it by itself and I got frizz then) but I doubt it because I've used my Sally's gel by itself and not gotten frizz.
    Anyway, I liked how nicely defined my curls were, and how small and tight they were. I had more like 4a curls, than my usual 3b. It was pretty cool.
    I'm going to keep experimenting with pixie curl drying my hair, tomorrow with my MOP c-system cream if I have time, and see how it goes. Either way, I got great 2nd day hair last time, so that's a plus.

To answer the question about water washing, I don't water wash, but only because I don't like to get my hair wet if I'm going for 2nd day hair. I put it up dry and try to keep it as dry as possible in the shower.
    When I do decide to wet it but not wash it, I just water wash it. I don't usually have a problem with itchy scalp or anything though, so I just rinse my hair, make sure my hair is water saturated, then scrunch in product the normal way into the ends the way I would if I'd washed it. I used to condition the ends, but now I just scrunch in a leave in before adding the product. I figure that's all I need to do, or else I might as well go whole hog: wash (low or no poo, it's just as big a production for me to wash my hair given the amount of hair I have, how easily it tangles, and how much lose when I wash it) and condition and leave in.
    That's me with FSG as my styler!!

3b. fine & thick, coarse, dry, medium porosity. Sucks up product and loves ACVs! FSG is my HG!

Currently using:
    Low Poo: TJ's Refresh No Poo: CoWash w/VO-5; Sonoma Soap Company sulfate-free poo
    RO: Yes to Cuc; SSC Lavender Condish; Sally GVP LI: Donna Marie Miracle D&C
    Style: FSG w/Aussie Instant Freeze & CIAB

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file