Please help me figure out my type

shimmeringshimmering Registered Users Posts: 19
Hi everyone. I'm new here and need help figuring out my type. I wash and condition my hair with Dove or Biolage 2-3 times a week, put it up
in a Turbie for 10-15 minutes, comb it with a wide toothed comb, and fluff a little and let it air dry. I don't use any products on my hair, and I don't color it. So I'm starting fresh!

http://s241.photobucket.com/albums/ff224/Shimmerwaves/

Password: curly

Thanks in advance!
2C-ish, just above shoulders, medium brown, still pooing and coning (Dove), looking for a cruelty-free shampoo and conditioner

Comments

• stubbornirishhairstubbornirishhair Registered Users Posts: 118
    Hi Shimmering,
    You look like a 2c, your hair looks thick and quite wavy. However the types are convenient and I'm no expert. Your hair looks healthy and beautiful!
    2B wavy thick hair
    Fia=2a M iii
    modified CG since 1/12/06
  • eweniqueewenique Registered Users Posts: 1,502 Curl Neophyte
    I agree - 2C, especially if you have a few spirals. Very pretty! Your hair might get a bit curlier if you were CG.
    2C wavy with some spirals. CG since April 07. Medium texture and porosity.
    COs: Yes to Cucumbers
    Stylers: Miss Jessies Coily Custard, KCCC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Live Simply. Use Soap
    www.TheLatheredLamb.com
    www.EweniqueEssentials.artfire.com
  • shimmeringshimmering Registered Users Posts: 19
    Thanks! I posted here as well as in the general forum about it (I hope that's ok!) I'm so excited that you guys replied here! :toothy7:I'm happy to get to talk to others with the same (or close) hair type!

I'm thinking about focusing on smooth waves (rather than more curl) for now. You know where I liked my hair the most? During a vacation to Colorado (it's a lot less humid there than I'm used to.) I had good hair days every day! I liked my hair the least on a vacation to Maui (where it rains a little everyday.)

How would you all deal with frizz? (I'm not a PJ--in fact, I'm all about simplifying and using just one product.) I'm considering AG Fastfood or CK right now, but only from reviews I've read on here.

Thanks for helping me figure this out!
    2C-ish, just above shoulders, medium brown, still pooing and coning (Dove), looking for a cruelty-free shampoo and conditioner

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file