Dimethicone etc. in CO / Is this a suitable CO?

Hi! I´ve tried to find a suitable moisturizing CO to no´poo method. At first I´d like to find one that I can buy locally, because the shipping costs are quite much when orderd on-line.

I read the informative label of some moisturizing CO by Paul Mitchell, whose products someone here has recommended (I don´t remember anymore who). It contains a good cocktail of herbs but dimethicone though (as well as many kinds of parabens if I remember right). So is it suitable for non-modified CG? Can a CO including dimethicone be washed away with water or baking soda? That must be the same with sulfates?

I found also another quite good looking CO which is not a salon product though. Is this suitable for CG? If not, so which ingredients are the non-suitable ones? What do they do to hair? This would help me in my searching process. TIA :bounce:

Safe Formula Aloe Vera Conditioner with Chamomile and herbal extracts (for normal to dry hair, repairing and extra shine):

Ingredients: Aqua, Cetearyl Alcohol, Distearyldimoneum Chloride, Cetrimonium Chloride, Aloe Barbadensis, PEG/PPG-14/4 Dimethicone, Propylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Parfum, Chamomilla Recutita, Citric Acid, Tocopheryl Asetate, Allantoin, CI 42090, CI 19140. PH 3,5.

http://www.safeformula.com

Or should a CO be 100% organic in order to be a good non-modified CG CO?
2A; CG friendly COs, adding time to time ACV, cocoanut oil, jojoba oil, glycerin, aloe vera juice or aloe vera gel; product-free

Comments

• dutch girldutch girl Posts: 150Registered Users
    dimethicone without the PEG/PPG or copolyol isn't water soluble and needs a cleanser to remove it. the safe formula co looks good. can't you buy urtekram products in scandinavia? the aloe vera co is very thick.
    type 3b.
    modified CG.
    CON red, inecto-co, invisigel.
  • darkBlondiedarkBlondie Posts: 84Registered Users
    dutch girl wrote:
    dimethicone without the PEG/PPG or copolyol isn't water soluble and needs a cleanser to remove it. the safe formula co looks good. can't you buy urtekram products in scandinavia? the aloe vera co is very thick.

Thanks, Dutch girl, a fellow European :) So it´s okay when there is that PEG/PPG? That was a relief to know, because that allows to accept more different options in CO. In that Safe Formula -line also Jojoba Strawberry Extra Shine Conditioner looked as good. The reason why I chose Aloe Vera was that I used to have Aloe Vera shampoo from another line before going no `poo and it was very moisturizing to my hair.

Thanks to remind me from the Urtekram line. Yes, we have that, mostly sold in health stores. I haven´t read the informative label yet, so I didn´t know that it´s suitable. Great that I can buy it here :bounce: Do you have good experiences of the aloe vera CO by Urtekram?

OT: When I see your nick, Joey and Chandler´s shouting "dutch girl" in the Show "Friends" comes to my mind :laughing9: It was in the part where they played baseball in a Thanksgiving Day and talked with a dutch girl. Have you seen that?
    2A; CG friendly COs, adding time to time ACV, cocoanut oil, jojoba oil, glycerin, aloe vera juice or aloe vera gel; product-free
  • agent_003bdagent_003bd Posts: 142Registered Users
    Hi, darkBlondie! I see that you're in Scandinavia, too! I just moved to Stockholm from the US, and it was difficult for me to find good CG products because I cannot find my North American conditioner and gel in Sweden.

I was greatly helped finding my products by this site: http://lockig.se/ Have you been there? I think you would be able to understand it no matter which Scandinavian language you speak. I even understand some, and I am only learning Swedish! Haha!

I don't know which country you are in, but maybe this site can help you find some good products that are available in Scandinavia. I go there sometimes for advice on products. :)

Good luck!!
    2/3a mix

Shampoo-free since 09/04
    Hi Agent_003bd! Welcome to Scandinavia :) I guess it´s pretty hard to learn Swedish (it belongs to the same language group as English though). It must be hard to find the same hair care products than in US as well. I´ve noticed it too that many products mentioned in forum can´t be found here. Some international products are of course like Paul Mitchell`s which is advertised there on the right side of the web site :profileright: Dutch girl mentioned Urtekram, which is sold here and also SafeFormula which I linked in this thread (that´s not an ideal choice, because it contains PEG/PPG-14/4 Dimethicone though in water wash form). Do you use those products sold through lockig.se? They seem quite expensive to me, probably because they are special products shipped abroad. Which products do you prefer in Sweden?

Thank you for linking the lockig.se to me :compress: I haven´t found it before. It´s quite new: found in August. It´s easier to find the actual information from that site compared to this site. I.g. I´ve been trying to find a detailed list of "forbidden" ingredients in COs here, but couldn´t. I found that in lockig.se site in few minutes. The language is not the answer to that. I guess it´s because that forum is smaller and newer and therefore the information is easier to be found like among of variety of threads. Another reason maybe that Scandinavians express themselves more straight without so many extra polite terms, "small talk". Have you noticed that? Sometimes I´m afraid to sound too "non-polite" here in forum when forgetting/being not able to find relevant polite expressions to add to what I write... It´s just not the way here, but it´s good to remember somewhere where it´s a common way. (Do you understand what I meant?)
  • agent_003bdagent_003bd Posts: 142Registered Users
    darkBlondie - I sent you a PM!

:blob7:
    2/3a mix

Shampoo-free since 09/04
    darkBlondie - I sent you a PM!

:blob7:

Thanks, nice to have "mail". I´ve answered to your PM :)
  • dutch girldutch girl Posts: 150Registered Users
    dutch girl wrote:

Thanks, Dutch girl, a fellow European :) So it´s okay when there is that PEG/PPG? That was a relief to know, because that allows to accept more different options in CO. In that Safe Formula -line also Jojoba Strawberry Extra Shine Conditioner looked as good. The reason why I chose Aloe Vera was that I used to have Aloe Vera shampoo from another line before going no `poo and it was very moisturizing to my hair.

Thanks to remind me from the Urtekram line. Yes, we have that, mostly sold in health stores. I haven´t read the informative label yet, so I didn´t know that it´s suitable. Great that I can buy it here :bounce: Do you have good experiences of the aloe vera CO by Urtekram?

OT: When I see your nick, Joey and Chandler´s shouting "dutch girl" in the Show "Friends" comes to my mind :laughing9: It was in the part where they played baseball in a Thanksgiving Day and talked with a dutch girl. Have you seen that?

:toothy7:no that doesn't ring any bells but i bet it was fun. yes i actually bought the aloe vera co, its very thick, but a good co. i prefer inecto coconut co though. my hair just loves coconut oils. what brands are available in your country, there are some good cg co's out there if you know were to look!!!
    type 3b.
    modified CG.
    CON red, inecto-co, invisigel.
    dutch girl wrote: »
    :toothy7:no that doesn't ring any bells but i bet it was fun. yes i actually bought the aloe vera co, its very thick, but a good co. i prefer inecto coconut co though. my hair just loves coconut oils. what brands are available in your country, there are some good cg co's out there if you know were to look!!!

Thanks, I´ll look at them.

OT: Here´s a link to a site of "The Friends" telling about the episode where the Dutch girl, Margha, appears. It´s quite fun. You can´t watch it through this link, but there is some link through which you could see it in net but I couldn´t find it. See also the "plot summary" and click "more" to see more detailed information about the episode. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0583607/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file