BAD R00TS!

[B0RN.READY][B0RN.READY] Registered Users Posts: 43
i RELAXED MY HAiR ABOUT A YEAR AG0, BUT HAVN'T G0TTEN A RELAXER SiNCE. WELL, i HAVE REALLY CRAZY NEW-GR0WTH N0W, LiKE 7 iNCHES 0F iT, AND iT L00KS KiND 0F FUNNY. WHENEVER i WEAR MY HAiR NATURAL, THE R00TS'LL BE CURLY AND PUFFY, BUT THE RELAXED ENDS'LL G0 STRAiGHT. AND iF i FLAT-iRON iT [WHiCH TAKES F0REVER! AND iS BAD F0R MY HAiR] THE R00TS'LL GET PUFFY. S0 BASICALLY HALF MY HAIR iS CURLY---HALF STRAIGHT!.
N i D0NT WANNA CUT iT AND WE D0NT HAVE M0NEY RiGHT N0W T0 G0 T0 THE SAL0N T0 GET iT RE-RELAXED [AND i REFUSE] T0 D0 A H0ME-RELAXiNG J0B]. S0 BASiCALLY, WHAT ARE S0ME G00D HAiR-STYLE/PR0DUCTS THAT'LL HELP BLEND THE TW0 TEXTURES iN MY HEAD F0R THE TiME BEiNG?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Thinkin' of a master plan"

My hair type is: 3C/4A

Comments

• mariag002mariag002 Registered Users Posts: 3,557 Curl Neophyte
    You have beautiful hair! I hear ya because I was in the same boat as you a few months ago. I did the BC but don't cut your hair until you know in your heart that its the right time.

OK so you know how to flatiron, that's one way to hide the two textures. I used to rollerset my hair and when it was dry I would comb out and you couldn't tell I was transitioning.

I would also wash my hair, part it in sections and braid it. When it air dried I'd take out the braids and my hair would look curly. I also used to put on John Frieda - Wind Down® Relaxing Creme Extra-Strength Formula for coarse textured hair. This helped calm down my natural hair and make it blend it more with the relaxed.
    - Maria

Big Chop: 9/23/07
    Relaxer free for almost 5 years!

• [B0RN.READY][B0RN.READY] Registered Users Posts: 43
    mariag002 wrote:
    You have beautiful hair! I hear ya because I was in the same boat as you a few months ago. I did the BC but don't cut your hair until you know in your heart that its the right time.

OK so you know how to flatiron, that's one way to hide the two textures. I used to rollerset my hair and when it was dry I would comb out and you couldn't tell I was transitioning.

I would also wash my hair, part it in sections and braid it. When it air dried I'd take out the braids and my hair would look curly. I also used to put on John Frieda - Wind Down® Relaxing Creme Extra-Strength Formula for coarse textured hair. This helped calm down my natural hair and make it blend it more with the relaxed.

Thanks for the advice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Registered Users Posts: 15,402 Curl Neophyte
    It's the other way around -- good roots, bad ends :laughing9:
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • curleechloecurleechloe Registered Users Posts: 11
    Hi There -

I live here in Atlanta and I know a few ladies here who are transitioning.
    You can try using Miss Jessie's [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Miss-Jessies-Curly-Meringue-p-576.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=miss-jessies-curly-meringue]Curly Meringue[/buylink]. My sister in law uses it and likes the way it makes the new growth not so puffy and kinky.

I like your hair now...what are you using?
  • curleechloecurleechloe Registered Users Posts: 11
    and oh yea...hang in there!

I have been natural for 5 years and would "neva" go back.
    Hi There -

I live here in Atlanta and I know a few ladies here who are transitioning.
    You can try using Miss Jessie's [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Miss-Jessies-Curly-Meringue-p-576.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=miss-jessies-curly-meringue]Curly Meringue[/buylink]. My sister in law uses it and likes the way it makes the new growth not so puffy and kinky.

I like your hair now...what are you using?
    Cool!
    Um, I took that pic, like in August...so I dont even remember,but my hair grew ALOT since then, so it aint as cute now, lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• mariag002mariag002 Registered Users Posts: 3,557 Curl Neophyte

I was thinking the same thing! Its the relaxed ends that makes the rest of the hair look unattractive. I'd have all this thick hair and then all of a sudden stringy hair that was lifeless LOL
    - Maria

Big Chop: 9/23/07
    Relaxer free for almost 5 years!

mariag002 wrote: »

I was thinking the same thing! Its the relaxed ends that makes the rest of the hair look unattractive. I'd have all this thick hair and then all of a sudden stringy hair that was lifeless LOL

LOL, yeah thats what I kinda meant...lol..I want it one way or the other, but not BOTH, but Ive been wearing my hair natural for about a year now [n its growing SO much], n Im learning how to take care or it natural, so Imight just get the ends cut off, but then again having a relaxer is sooo easy n it looks so pretty on me..it takes like 3 minutes to style...Im torn...Okay, new question,guys: Should I relax my hair, or keep it natural n get the relaxed end cut off?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• mslanee1mslanee1 Registered Users Posts: 439
    mariag002 wrote: »

LOL, yeah thats what I kinda meant...lol..I want it one way or the other, but not BOTH, but Ive been wearing my hair natural for about a year now [n its growing SO much], n Im learning how to take care or it natural, so Imight just get the ends cut off, but then again having a relaxer is sooo easy n it looks so pretty on me..it takes like 3 minutes to style...Im torn...Okay, new question,guys: Should I relax my hair, or keep it natural n get the relaxed end cut off?

The decision to go natural or relax is one you have to make on your own. most of us here are natural because we have come to a place where we love our hair natural, and would NEVER relax again. Being natural requires a lot of self love and exceptance. It is also a huge learning curve. So the decision is up to you.
    CURRENT PRODUCTS: Oyin Honey Hemp, Honey Wash, Burnt Sugar Pomade, Shine and Define, and Whipped Pudding. Also loving HH Hello Hydration and HENNA!

• kdcreighkdcreigh Registered Users Posts: 736
    I'm sure you know that the readers of this website will not actively encourage you to relax your hair, but if you choose to stay natural we will support you.

The decision to go natural or relax is one you have to make on your own. most of us here are natural because we have come to a place where we love our hair natural, and would NEVER relax again. Being natural requires a lot of self love and exceptance. It is also a huge learning curve. So the decision is up to you.

Very well stated, mslanee1
    YES WE CAN!

kdcreigh 4a and b (who knows?:dontknow:)

Relegated to occasional lurking in order to keep the PJ in check!
    :lurk:

http://public.fotki.com/kdcreigh/
    PW: natural

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file