How much CO for washing?

DoodlesDoodles Posts: 1,984Registered Users
How big of a glob are you suppose to use to wash your scalp? I read on the sticky at the top of the page only a dime size but that's not enough for me so I've been using more of quarter size. It still doesn't seem like enough but I don't want to use to much, ya know?
2A/2B, fine, normal porosity

Growing out a pixie as of November 2013 :elephant:

Shampoo: Elucence MBS & Renpure Originals Argan Oil
Conditioner: Elucence MBC & Renpure Originals Argan Oil
Leave-in: CJ BeautiCurls
Stylers: BA gel & AG Re:coil

Product Junkie that keeps falling off the wagon!:tongue3:

Comments

• JerseyCurlJerseyCurl Posts: 945Registered Users
    Doodles wrote:
    How big of a glob are you suppose to use to wash your scalp? I read on the sticky at the top of the page only a dime size but that's not enough for me so I've been using more of quarter size. It still doesn't seem like enough but I don't want to use to much, ya know?
    I was just re-reading the Curly Girl book this morning and it mentions to use half of a teaspoon which they classify as a blob about the size of a quarter. But she also mentions that the conditioner amounts that she suggests are average amounts and each individual curly would have to play with what amounts work best for you.
    "Wonder Twin Powers, Activate! "
  • mysteryflavoredmysteryflavored Posts: 1,271Registered Users Curl Novice
    I have a big head and thick hair, so I'll use a bit more than a quarter-sized blob. As long as I can feel it all across my scalp, I'm good.

And is there such thing as too much? As long as you rinse it all out...
  • shellynotshellynot Posts: 1,140Registered Users
    ...oh. oops. i use 3 slightly-bigger-than-quarter-size blobs. one for the top, middle, and bottom of my head. i use $1 VO5 or White rain so i just use as much as i need to feel like my scalp is really clean.
    2c/3a
    curl blog
    curl album

"Your head is like a crown on you.
    It is as beautiful as Mount Carmel.
    Your hair is as smooth as purple silk.
    I am captured by your flowing curls."
    Song of Solomon 7:5 (NIRV)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights