YAY! i just did the bc =)

misschrystamisschrysta Registered Users Posts: 22
yup i just decided to do the BC already and quit obsessing over when i would do it and crying every morning about the two diff textures and blah blah blah!!!

i am feeling confused, yet happy, and i cant lie, a little sad, BUT...

i am happy this is over with!

i am no hairstylist and so my hair is kinda uneven and there are some straight parts stuck in there (soon when comfortable enough i'll find a stylist to help me with all of this) but for the most part my hair is totally curly and there is JUST enough to put into a little ponytail and now i have a new obsession but it feels a lot better than being obsessed about my relaxed hair: finding styles for my natural hair!

i owe it to everyone here for inspiring me i probably would've given into perming my hair if it wasn't for all of you guys. even though i don't post a lot i read a lot of your posts and i love to look at everyone's fotkis and see their naturally curly hair and see their BCs and ahhh i just love it!!

i plan on posting here a lot more often about my curly hair and trying to style it and asking for tips and wait for dec. 25th so i can show you all the lovely pics of my hair(im getting a new camera for x-mas). love you all!!!!!
natural 3c/4a hair. last relaxer was in sept. 06. real transition started june 07. minimal flat ironing/heat. BC- dec. 1 07!!! =) no routine just experimenting with different products & daily cowash.
http://public.fotki.com/misscmv/ :toothy7: LOVE BEING CURLY BABY!!

Comments

• mariag002mariag002 Registered Users Posts: 3,557 Curl Neophyte
    Wow you did it! I had a feeling you would!

Congratulations!!!!! Please keep us posted on your progress. Join us in the May 08 grow out challenge. Open a Fotki account. I wish you much success!

- Maria
    - Maria

Big Chop: 9/23/07
    Relaxer free for almost 5 years!

• misschrystamisschrysta Registered Users Posts: 22
    thanks!! i will!!
    natural 3c/4a hair. last relaxer was in sept. 06. real transition started june 07. minimal flat ironing/heat. BC- dec. 1 07!!! =) no routine just experimenting with different products & daily cowash.
  • MissTissMissTiss Registered Users Posts: 3
    How funny. I just chopped off the rest of my relaxer last night. Just busted out the scissors and went for it. I've got a bit of a pony tail too. I sure wish I had found this forum a lot sooner.

It feels good doesn't it? Congratulations..
  • Flower princessFlower princess Registered Users Posts: 608
    I'm very happy for you!How long did you transition?
    All Hair is Good Hair!

It's Not What's ON Your Head, But What's IN Your Head!

Please join/follow my new blog http://vividthoughtsofglory.blogspot.com/
  • cclark1cclark1 Registered Users Posts: 346
    Good for you!! I'm be happy when I have until length to cut the rest of the relaxed hair out:) Can't wait to see pics!!
    Dare to be......remarkable!!!
    MissTiss wrote: »
    How funny. I just chopped off the rest of my relaxer last night. Just busted out the scissors and went for it. I've got a bit of a pony tail too. I sure wish I had found this forum a lot sooner.

It feels good doesn't it? Congratulations..

Congratulations to you too, MissTiss! :toothy7:
    - Maria

• SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Registered Users Posts: 15,402 Curl Neophyte
    :blob7::occasion9::occasion7::toothy4:
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • LadydncingLadydncing Registered Users Posts: 964
    Awesome!!! I can't wait to see more posts and pics! Congrat!:blob7:
    Maya
    3b/c CG routine
    HG line DevaCurl
    Password: Locks

event.png
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    :toothy7::blob7:

Yeah!! Your hair looks really good. You have a lot of length after the BC!!

Speckla
  • jcurladyjcurlady Registered Users Posts: 626 Curl Novice
    i am feeling confused, yet happy, and i cant lie, a little sad, BUT...

i am happy this is over with!

That's kind of how I felt...and my hair was cut by a professional. LOL
    Well, I'm sure you're excited and you've got some playing time ahead of you w/ all those curls.

Congrats! and have fun

if luvin KCKT and KCCC is wrong I don't wanna b right

sell crazy somewhere else...we're all stocked up here.
    misschrysta your christmas pictures look beautiful!!! Its pretty long too, how long did you transition again?

jcurlady, its a dramatic change for all of us. Some people instantly fall in love with their new short hair, for others it takes a while. I'm still looking for products to fall in love with and so far NADA. It took me a while to get used to my hair, but now that its long enough for a ponytail I see its getting easier to style.
    - Maria

• misschrystamisschrysta Registered Users Posts: 22
    thanks everyone!!! yeah it was a lot longer than i thought it would be its kinda wierd lol but good. i hadnt gotten a relaxer since september 06 i guess but i didnt really see new curly growth until about april 07 because i used so many chemicals in my hair and bad dye jobs and it fell out blah blah.
  • FrizzBgoneFrizzBgone Registered Users Posts: 2,678 Curl Neophyte
    You look beautiful. Your curls are gorgeous and the length really suits you! Congratulations for being so brave and looking so good afterwards !! :)
    Type: 3a fine & dense,with normal porosity, terrible product junkie
    ROUTINE: LI, enhancer, gel, plop with Curlease towel, serum product (either CIAB or Gel-les'c), clip & diffuse.
    Too many favourite products to list ... I finally have my routine that works and alot of products to choose from. My product stash is huge, but well loved !!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file