CurlTalk

A deodorant that works

RednaturalcurlsRednaturalcurls Posts: 1,814Registered Users
Wanted to share...

I have been looking for a deodorant that works for years. My problem is not wetness, it's smell. Most of the deodorants are just perfumey and don't do enough for the smell and I have tried tons of brands, even men's versions. The other day in Target I picked up yet another one to try. Its called Herbal Clear Naturally! If you can't tell by the name it is a natural deodorant. It is aluminum, paraben and alchohol free and hypoallergenic. It also has Vitamin A & E and aloe. It says it uses the botanical Lichen which inhibits odor causing bacteria. It's supposed to stop the odor before it starts. I figured I would give a try. I was pleasantly surprised when it actually worked. Today is my second day using it and I was outside for awhile today working on Christmas lights so I did get a little sweaty and surprisingly, almost no smell at all. I'm impressed and the best part, it was only $2.00. Just thought I would share.
Hair Type: mix of 3's, growing out an angled bob, color-treated red.
Current products: GVP conditioning balm for co-wash and leave in, Curl Junkie Curls in a Bottle, Pattern Pusha and Garnier Anti-humidity hairspray
Hair idol: Kimberly Schlapman from Little Big Town

Comments

• goldygoldy Posts: 5,455Registered Users
    i was just recommending that deodorant in october this thread
    Poodlehead wrote:
    Ah, it all makes sense now. Goldy is the puppet master! :lol:
  • DarbyDarby Posts: 1,025Registered Users
    what are the ingredients in it? I found out I'm extremely sensitive to salts in natural deodorants. :(
    I spent I don't know how long in the store the other day looking for a non-aluminum deodorant without salts.
    My armpit broke out in a itchy rash and I'm about 99% sure it was from the crystal rock. Then I went back to my regular Arrid x dry and it felt fine. Then i tried a natural one and I started to itch. Washed it off and it felt better.
    PW:curlyhaired

Natural hair color - dark brunette
    Fine, thinish hair/3a, 3b