In what room do you put your tree?

CynaminbearCynaminbear Posts: 4,476Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
Do you like yours in a window, so people outside can enjoy the tree?
Do you put it in a tucked away corner?

For the past 7 years we put our tree in the sunroom. The room wasn't used much, even though it is attached to the living room. This year, we bought a banquette set and turned that room into the 'dining' room. Now we don't have a place for our tree! There isn't anywhere to put the tree in the former 'dining room' because it's a sort of office, where the computer is now located, and there are 6 doors leading to bedrooms, utility room, kitchen and outside in the room. It's basically a very wide, short hallway that also has the computer armoire.
My husband suggested buying a very short tree and just putting it on the table! Jokingly, I suggested we cut one in half down the middle and attach it to a wall.
There's no such thing as global warming. Chuck Norris was cold so he turned up the sun.

Comments

• YolyCYolyC Posts: 3,758Registered Users
    I have a 4 ft tree on a side table. Mine is in my living room in in front of a the window. Basically I have to move all my furniture around and not use my threadmill for a month just to be able to put up a tree in my house.

I suggested we cut one in half down the middle and attach it to a wall.

I swear I saw this somewhere. a movie? magazine ad? I can't remember. All I know was I thought it was a great idea. :laughing9:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything."
    Malcolm X
  • KurlyKaeKurlyKae Posts: 3,413Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    cynaminbear, I've actually seen half-trees, meant to be put against a wall in a catalog somewhere! Trees to push against a corner, too. I think it's a great idea.

As for your original question, this year we're in a new house and the tree is kind of between the living and dining rooms, in front of the window. ( I have three big windows along the back wall of the conecting rooms. I wanted to put it in the corner of the LR, but DH says that he will be working to remove or cover the mirrored wall I don't care for (he has to take the last two weeks of the year as vacation this year) so next year we'll try it in the corner.
    3a/2c
    Trader Joe's Tingle conditioner wash/ conditioner
    AG re:coil, LALooks gel, John Frieda Secret Weapon
  • PartyHairPartyHair Posts: 7,713Registered Users
    We have a tabletop tree because I'm sort of grinchy. It will be in the living room on a plant stand when I get around to putting it up.

I have to put it up though - my mom's coming for Christmas and she would be horrified if I didn't decorate at all. (I did put our front door decoration up yesterday! Go me!)
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rock on with your bad self.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Be excellent to each other. ~ Abraham Lincoln

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • mrspoppersmrspoppers Posts: 7,223Registered Users Curl Novice
    I think our tree is 5' from floor to top. It's a fake, lighted tree in a pot that we got a Michael's. Someday we'll get a bigger and/or real one, but for now this one is fine. It will go in our living room, but it can't go in front of the window because of the heater.
    When are women going to face the fact that they don’t know their own bodies as well as men who have heard things?

Don Langrick
    Bonsai Culturist
  • amerasiancurlsamerasiancurls Posts: 168Registered Users
    It's a 7.5ft tree and we decorate it to pieces!!! We put it in the living room in front of the windows. We leave the blinds open so that everyone can see our tree.
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,573Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    It's a 7.5ft tree and we decorate it to pieces!!! We put it in the living room in front of the windows. We leave the blinds open so that everyone can see our tree.

Ditto! :) The artificial blue spruce tree will be slightly off-centered again though because my dog demands one side of the window to do his job of securing the street! :D It's a large window but he's big and needs space or he'll knock off the ornaments with his tail. I back it into the side with the curio. We had drapes last year but now have blinds, so I can leave the middle and side open so the tree is visible from the street. :) Of course, it's in the upper story so you can only see the top half. :P
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
  • CGNYCCGNYC Posts: 4,938Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    We have a big living room and a big dining room with a sitting room at one end (yeah, this house was built in the 70s and apparently "space planning" hadn't really been invented). There are two sets of French doors between the rooms. I'm going to put the tree in the dining room because there's plenty of room, we can still see it from the living room but my daughter can't climb it, and you can still see it from outside.

The only issues is that I bought the tree last year when we were in a very small house so it's very tall and thin (I am allergic to the real thing and would never survive the season with a real tree in the house) and that room is pretty big. I bought a bunch of sproingy stuff to sort of enbiggen (heh) the tree visually but I think it's probably just going to look like a big pink pissed off cat.
  • spring1onuspring1onu Posts: 16,528Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    We're in a different house this Christmas so where to put the tree was perplexing me. I always want our tree where we can see it from our seating in the living room (we go to all the trouble of putting it up I wanna see it ALL the time! lol) so I moved a chair and put it near a bookcase to one side of the fireplace. We have a 7 ft. tall skinny tree and I love it. :D

Our house is so far back off the road nobody would see it from a window so that wasn't a factor in where to place it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

spring-smiley.gif?1292867680

Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! . :D
    The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
    I do have a secret yen for pink in unexpected places. ~ninja dog
    I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.
  • KurlyKarenLeeKurlyKarenLee Posts: 1,048Registered Users
    CurliLocks wrote:

Ditto! :) The artificial blue spruce tree will be slightly off-centered again though because my dog demands one side of the window to do his job of securing the street! :D It's a large window but he's big and needs space or he'll knock off the ornaments with his tail. I back it into the side with the curio. We had drapes last year but now have blinds, so I can leave the middle and side open so the tree is visible from the street. :) Of course, it's in the upper story so you can only see the top half. :P

Ditto! Ditto!

We have a small table-top tree that we put in our bay window that can be seen from the street --but have to leave room for our chihuahua and cat to keep watch. Then we have a larger tree in our den (where we really hang out) by the fireplace.
    KurlyKarenLee

You can say what you want about the South, but you never hear of anyone retiring and moving North.
  • goldygoldy Posts: 5,463Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    we didn't put up our tree last year, and where we put it the year before now has a bookcase :)

we have a great room (living room/dining room combo) and this year we'll put the tree along a wall where the room has its imaginary line (splitting the dining room section from the living room section)..
    Poodlehead wrote:
    Ah, it all makes sense now. Goldy is the puppet master! :lol:
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    I don't have a very good place for a tree. Our living room is pretty cramped. (We are planning an addition.) So I get a smallish tree and it goes right against the wall next to the fireplace, between the dining room and the living room. It's in the way and my BF always gripes about it -- but tough.
  • MizKerriMizKerri Posts: 1,701Registered Users
    Last year, we put ours in the living room, in front of the sliding glass doors so it could be seen from outside. My living room is actually a really big combination living/dining room and this year I'm thinking I might put it on the dining room side in the corner.

If a news story breaks and no one on the Internet comments, did it really happen?
  • asleep to audioasleep to audio Posts: 2,085Registered Users
    The family room corner, which happens to have a window. It faces the back yard, so people can't really see it, but it's not done intentionally. It's the perfect place because it's also right next to the half-wall so that provides some more stability. Also, you have a perfect view from the kitchen, so that's nice.

One more week till it's there. :happy2:

CoN green, HE hello hydration, burt's bees super shiny condish, & KCCC.

mostly 3b, mod CG

Smiles are free, so give them away.

Celebrate we will, 'cause life is short but sweet, for certain.
  • CurlyinColoradoCurlyinColorado Posts: 3,093Registered Users
    Well, I WAS going to tuck mine away in a corner in the living rm but know I'm thinking maybe I'll rearrange to stick it in front of the living rm window, thanks!

For the past three years, we've put it in what my daughter calls the dancing room, which has since become our dining room. A 10 ft by 3 ft table has taken over the Christmas tree space. :laughing9:
    2b/3a.
  • lazy loopslazy loops Posts: 8,792Registered Users
    Our tree is always in a big room (living/family or dining) near a window.
  • picklesgirlpicklesgirl Posts: 1,955Registered Users
    you can get corner trees that fit right in your corners.. We lived in a very small house for a couple christmases so i just kind of folded up the branches on the back side of our tree so i could get it closer to the walls in the corner..

This year we have an extra couch and didn't have room for our tree in it's normal space so it's by our stairs.. We put the other one in the dinning room by the big windows we have..
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    It goes in a corner-it's huge so if I put it in front of the windows it would be in the center of the room!.
    You can see it from the street though.
  • PixieCurlPixieCurl Posts: 5,656Registered Users
    We have a living room/dining room combo, and last year we put the tree in the corner on the dining room side. I wanted to put it in the window which faces the front of the house, but we'd have to do a lot of rearranging the living room side if we wanted to do that.
    Faith, 3Aish redhead
    Mama to two wild superheroes and a curly-headed baby boy :love5:
  • velvet pawsvelvet paws Posts: 1,250Registered Users
    Ours is in front of a window in our living room area (our place is mostly open plan - living / dining rooms, with the kitchen partitioned off by a big island). I just finished decorating it. :D
    3A / 2B / 2C wavicelli

.png

.png
  • emmêleremmêler Posts: 137Registered Users
    the "proper" tree (8 foot) is in the living room, centered between two windows and to the rear of the sitting area.

i only say "proper" tree because i'm not known as ms. merry-christmas-or-else for no reason. i have a little tree in my kitchen, bathroom, bedroom and my hello kitty tree in my studio.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file