• PartyHairPartyHair Posts: 7,713Registered Users
    Me either. I barely have plans for tomorrow morning. :D
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rock on with your bad self.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Be excellent to each other. ~ Abraham Lincoln

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • gggg Posts: 1,865Registered Users
    Me neither. I never really have any set plans I just usually go see the fireworks.
    You don't have to blow out my flame to make yours burn brighter.

When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself.

How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.
  • curlyarcacurlyarca Posts: 8,449Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I will be in Toronto again this year. Maybe we will go out and not be sick as dogs this time. :(

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

4a, mbl, low porosity, normal thickness, fine hair.
  • malafachamalafacha Posts: 301Registered Users
    Probably same as every year.
    Spent the New Years at home watching fireworks go off @ 12 [dressed up of course].
    Toast with champagne.
    Go out to the neighbours and wish them happy new years. Toast with the neighbours.
    Then head out to my grandmother's house where all my mom's sisters and brothers [they're 9 children] and most of their children/grandchildren meet.
    Wish everybody a happy new year.
    Eat grandma's new year's soup. Toast with the family again, then go out with my friends where we'll ultimately end up on the beach toasting [again].

I love new years! :cheers: :bom:
    It's five o'clock somewhere! ctail.gif
  • curlylauracurlylaura Posts: 8,352Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Kind of hoping to be in Sydney.
    Fat does not make you fat. It's actually pretty important.
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    Going to Whistler to stay in a friends chalet.....4 days of skiing, eating, drinking & partying.....Can.Not.Wait!!!!!
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • yagottaloveyacurlsyagottaloveyacurls Posts: 5,766Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Staying home away from all the crazies.

Go Mike!!
  • DominicanaHeatDominicanaHeat Posts: 2,729Registered Users
    New Year's Eve is my birthday. I never get to do what I want to do, because everyone else wants to be home because everything is overpriced that night. :(

Not sure what I'm doing this year. I would love to go out of town though...
    3a/3b thick coarse WL dark brown hair. CG/Mod CG since: 5/4/05. Current products: Right now my hair is in such a tizzy over this winter weather we are hving that nothing really seems to be working. I need a haircut.
  • amerasiancurlsamerasiancurls Posts: 168Registered Users
    We usually stay in, but have decided that this year we are going downtown to enjoy the festivities, do some bar hopping, have a nice dinner, etc. There are two very nice hotels there and we plan on getting a room at one of them. I'm really looking forward to it :happy2:
  • eccentric_kurlzeccentric_kurlz Posts: 4,151Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I'm either flying up to Maine to visit a friend, or he's coming down to visit me. Either way, I'm going to have the best New Year's EVER. :happy7:
    A wonderful mix of coils, curls, corkscrews, and kinks.

http://s211.photobucket.com/albums/bb133/shyygirl_2007/
    PW: curlyhair

I have a blog now. Follow meeeee! :)

http://naturalurbanista.blogspot.com/

"You see, when it comes to language competence, a true patriot must hit that sweet spot between "job-stealing immigrant" and "liberal elitist." ~Eilonwy

Wanna have access to the top names in fashion and luxury at up to 70% off retail? Sure you do. http://tinyurl.com/3yxneol

DC metro area
  • internetchickinternetchick Posts: 6,191Registered Users
    Staying home away from all the crazies.

:lol:

I never do anything. It's one of those holidays that mean nothing to me.
  • NetGNetG Posts: 8,116Registered Users
    Had I found reasonable plane tickets, I would be in Richmond seeing one of my favorite bands (Carbon Leaf) play. I will likely stay home. I only go out if I have really good options, but since I have two dogs I like to be home with them when the fireworks are going off, so they can pile on me and feel more secure.
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
  • SpinCycleSpinCycle Posts: 724Registered Users
    I'll be working... ah well...

:drunken:
    A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government. ~Thomas Jefferson
  • MunchyMunchy Posts: 5,206Registered Users Curl Novice
    Not sure yet. I hope to go out. I know my parents don't go out NYE so I may have a babysitter :)
  • dia99dia99 Posts: 1,998Registered Users
    Singing at church.
    People rise to the standard expected of them. GC
  • KurlyKarenLeeKurlyKarenLee Posts: 1,048Registered Users
    We're staying in just like we always do ---away from all the drunk drivers. I'll say several prayers for my sons who I know are out partying. Then, I usually go through my financial files and pack-em up so I can start clean on Jan. 1.
    KurlyKarenLee

You can say what you want about the South, but you never hear of anyone retiring and moving North.
  • spring1onuspring1onu Posts: 16,528Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Depending on how long we visit family for Christmas in GA we may be there, but we never do anything. If we're back in CT we'll just stay in and probably watch the ball drop and talk about how DH proposed on NYE 2000. :love1: (and almost gave me a heart attack! :lol: )
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

spring-smiley.gif?1292867680

Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! . :D
    The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
    I do have a secret yen for pink in unexpected places. ~ninja dog
    I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.
  • MizKerriMizKerri Posts: 1,701Registered Users
    Going to a party at my friend's house. She throws a great party every year.

If a news story breaks and no one on the Internet comments, did it really happen?
  • frazalifrazali Posts: 364Registered Users
    Not sure either. Will have just moved in with BF on Dec. 27th (yay!), so maybe we'll stay in that night to ring it in :wink:
    Variation of 3B/3C curls.

Amazed that I finally found a method that works for my hair! Diffuse until 60-70% dry, then let air dry for about an hour. Scrunch and leave it alone!

NYC
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    We've been invited to two different parties, but my sister has a flight home at 7 AM on New Year's Day, so I don't think we'll be staying up late!
  • StormCloudCurlyStormCloudCurly Posts: 116Registered Users
    I will be in Chile! I'm quite excited :bounce:
    pw: curlie
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,734Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    probably nothing...
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 7,169Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    curlylaura wrote:
    Kind of hoping to be in Sydney.
    I would love to go to Sydney one year, we usually watch the fireworks from there on the telly.
    Unfortunately I'll be working.
    3b in South Australia.
  • sarah42sarah42 Posts: 4,034Registered Users
    Celebrating my son's first birthday.

I don't do anything wild these days. :wink:
    ehLB.jpg
  • oethereal1oethereal1 Posts: 327Registered Users
    i hope i'll be hanging with New Guy, kissing someone on NYE for the first time in about 10 years...
  • KrazyblondegurlKrazyblondegurl Posts: 1,008Registered Users
    Working (of course). :)
  • LayaliLayali Posts: 561Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I'll be recovering from two weeks of travel and jet lag from a 13hr flight. I'll have some champagne of course, but will probably just take it easy.

I'm fine with this after last year's NYE from hell. I'm never going to a club on NYE ever again!!!!
    naturally 3b/3c

Explanation by the tongue makes most things clear, but love unexplained is clearer. ~ Rumi
  • realisticrealistic Posts: 2,222Registered Users Curl Novice
    We always go to NYC to visit friends.
    Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth. I sat at a table where were rich food and wine in abundance, and obsequious attendance, but sincerity and truth were not;
    and I went away hungry from the inhospitable board.
    -Henry David Thoreau
  • luvmylocsluvmylocs Posts: 7,578Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    hopefully i'll be engaged in a HOT kiss with a guy! :wink:
    a dreamy pisces :fish:
    please recycle, it matters...
    i change lives...through fitness
    i'm more relaxed being natural
  • BefrizzledBefrizzled Posts: 3,854Registered Users
    Potentially working. The SO will be 2,000 miles away, and my family never really plans anything other than maybe dinner with friends. So might as well and hang out with people I like there... Deadline is around 12:15, 12:30, so maybe there will be drinks/party afterward? Something? My first New Year's being old enough to drink will probably be quite boring!
    Under construction.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file