CurlTalk

What do you use to dry your hair?

spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,495Registered Users Curl Neophyte
What do you use to dry your hair after washing it?

Failed to load the poll.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• PixieCurlPixieCurl Posts: 5,656Registered Users
    i'm a combination of the above - first i scrunch out a little water with my bare hands, then apply gel, then scrunch with a microfiber towel, then plop in a tee-shirt. after plopping, some days i air dry and some days i diffuse (bowl diffuser).
    Faith, 3Aish redhead
    Mama to two wild superheroes and a curly-headed baby boy :love5:
  • mrfhnlmrfhnl Posts: 276Registered Users
    I have been using the microfibre towel to be more environmentally consious (sp?) but the paper towel create less frizz.
    3B, normal porosity, med to coarse texture
    Deva Inspired, LiveCurlyLiveFree Trained Stylist
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,495Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    PixieCurl wrote:
    i'm a combination of the above - first i scrunch out a little water with my bare hands, then apply gel, then scrunch with a microfiber towel, then plop in a tee-shirt. after plopping, some days i air dry and some days i diffuse (bowl diffuser).

Can you tell me why you switch from the microfiber towel to the t-shirt midway through?

• eastcoastwaveseastcoastwaves Posts: 54Registered Users
    I squeeze out the water with a microfibre towel then airdry from very wet
    "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got"

2b
    PixieCurl wrote:

Can you tell me why you switch from the microfiber towel to the t-shirt midway through?

this has been a recent change. i used to plop directly into the microfiber towel, and i started to think that the towel absorbed so much excess water and then sat on my head the whole time i plopped, making my hair take longer to dry. i do think it's drying quicker now that i added the tee-shirt.
    Faith, 3Aish redhead
  • love yourself firstlove yourself first Posts: 5,398Registered Users
    mrfhnl wrote:
    I have been using the microfibre towel to be more environmentally consious (sp?) but the paper towel create less frizz.

I squeeze out water with my hands, and use a paper towel if I have left in more than 5% of my conditioner (so as not to gunk up my hair towel) OR a microfiber towel if I just leave in my usual, small amount of condish... Then I apply styling products and air dry :)
    "Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people."
    "I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then we live with that decision."
    - Eleanor Roosevelt (both quotes)

(taking a break from posting starting late august 2009)
  • MuñequitaMuñequita Posts: 157Registered Users
    I use t-shirts. After I step out of the shower I apply products and scrunch hair with my hands. Then I plop or 'turban' after that with the shirt for about 20 sometimes 30 mins. Then I let my hair air dry.

Sometimes I scrunch my hair with a shirt (instead of my bare hand) after applying product to soak up excess water and then use another shirt to plop. I just love t-shirts!
    3a with 2c
  • AmnerisAmneris Posts: 15,117Registered Users
    Microfibre towel, air, hooded dryer and diffuser. A bit of each!
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

• spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,495Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    PixieCurl wrote:
    PixieCurl wrote:

this has been a recent change. i used to plop directly into the microfiber towel, and i started to think that the towel absorbed so much excess water and then sat on my head the whole time i plopped, making my hair take longer to dry. i do think it's drying quicker now that i added the tee-shirt.

So...it's because you've saturated your microfiber towel? If you had a second microfiber towel would you prefer to use it rather than the t-shirt...or is there something special about the t-shirt that you just can't do without?

I really love your diffusing method! I am having the best hair with it! So I want to pick your brain for other tips. :)

• RainRain Posts: 217Registered Users
    I use a microfiber dog towel from progroom.com. There was a group order at LHC a while back and we got a pretty good deal. It dries my hair so, so fast. I have no idea how I managed so long without one. I got a couple extra for my dogs too. :D
    3a/b, fine, lots of it
  • cunninghamaircunninghamair Posts: 176Registered Users
    Microfiber towel to scrunch then plop. Air dry or pixie curl diffuse depending on motivation :D
    Modified CG since 9/03. 2B/3A. JESSICURL!!! Gentle Poo, Aloeba, Gelebration, Awe; or Mop Top Poo & Condish; Curlisto Mousse & Gel I. Winter: Elucence MB Clarify, Shampoo & Conditioner. ACV & honey rinses. Plop & Pixiecurl diffuse. Password: curls
    spiderlashes - i switch to the t-shirt because the microfiber towel is saturated from using it to scrunch. i suppose using 2 microfiber towels would work well also!
    Faith, 3Aish redhead
  • LadydncingLadydncing Posts: 964Registered Users
    I have more than one answer. I use the microfiber towel, 100% air and when it's cold sometimes a diffuser.
    Maya
    3b/c CG routine
    HG line DevaCurl
    Password: Locks

event.png
  • DolphinCurlsDolphinCurls Posts: 370Registered Users
    I put some gel into my hair and then blow dry with a diffuser.
    3A/2C combination of ringlets and waves :nike:
  • blondie1017blondie1017 Posts: 12Registered Users
    I put my products on my hair, scrunch w/ a regular towel to remove excess moisture, then air dry for as long as I possibly can .. then use a blow dryer to dry for a few min. till it's TOTALLY dry..
    2c-3aish,blonde, fine /normal

PW:curlypictures

HG's:Aura Hypo. Gel, HE Max Hold Mousse, Garnier Curl Construct Mousse, Abba Weightless, Potion 9, Honey, CON Shampoo, Suave Milk/Honey Condish, Aveda LE Smoothing Fluid, Garnier Sleek and Shine serem
  • mitabirdmitabird Posts: 226Registered Users
    I use a t-shirt. Less frizz that way.
    Western Pennsylvania

3b, medium textured, medium thickness, medium porosity, protein sensitive
    CG since 6/22/04

CO Washes: Suave Conditioners, Devacurl No Poo
    Conditioners: Trader Joe Nourish, GV Conditioning Balm, JC Too Shea
    Styling: Biosilk Rock Hard Gelee, Chi Infra Gel, GF Pure Clean Gel
    DT: Devacurl Heaven in Hair, Nature's Therapy Mega Moisture, Hask Henna & Placenta (every 3 mo)

Hair photos
    pw: manycurls
  • CDRWCDRW Posts: 177Registered Users
    I voted air dry.
    Sometimes I'll sit in front of a fan to help out a little.
    Mostly 3B/C with a multiple personality disorder! :)
    CO-Wash: Curlicious Curls Cleansing Cream, Suave, Coconut Sublime
    Leave In: My own mix,
    Curls Milkshake, Curls Souffle

Stylers: My own mix
    -great results with Aussie IF gel
    -Curls Goddess Glaze
    DT: Lekair Cholesterol, my own mix
    Curls Ecstasy Hair Tea

Fotki
    PW: curlies

• msjokermsjoker Posts: 1,658Registered Users
    I use a microfibre towel.
    "It moisturizes my situation... preserves my sexy."
  • PetalPetal Posts: 219Registered Users
    air dry
    3A-3B mix, medium-thick, prone to splitting. Products: Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner, Jojoba oil, Free me freesia conditioner to detangle. Trying to experiment with protein DTs a few times a month.
  • nycapitolcurlienycapitolcurlie Posts: 9Registered Users
    I use the microfiber towel and air dry during warmer weather. When it's cold, I still use the microfiber towel but sit under a hood hair dryer for about 15 minutes. If I'm traveling for work, I use the hot sock diffuser.
    Modified CG since 4/04; DevaCurl Low Poo, One Condition and AnGell; Jessicurl DT; mostly 3B with some 3A (formerly fun&springycurls)
    Password: pmls
  • JoyForeverJoyForever Posts: 1,628Registered Users
    I didn't really feel like I could vote because I use either a terry towel or a t-shirt, and then I air-dry or diffuse. That covers four of the choices, and I just can't pick between them!
    Previously Joy4ever.
    Changed because the "number in place of a word" thing was bugging my no-longer-14-year-old self.
  • modegrrlmodegrrl Posts: 273Registered Users
    I have a couple of towels that are bigger than hand towels but not bath-towel size. One is very fluffy and the other two thin and worn-out. It doesn't matter as far as frizz goes which one I use; my frizz is a result of diffusing, so I try to airdry whenever possible.
    "For many years the National Pretend Speed Limit was fifty-five miles per hour"--Dave Barry

PW: frizzella