colored my hair at home and I have never had curlier hair!

DarbyDarby Posts: 1,025Registered Users Curl Neophyte
I ended up going and getting the Clariol Natural instinct non-permanent hair color. I also used the condish that comes in the box - VERY moisturizing and I thought, oh great... now I"m going to have oily weighted down hair once I style and diffuse it dry. I have TONS of body and TONS of curl! What the???
Was it the color or was it the condish??
The condish really isn't all that bad (ingredient wise). It does have the a-cone and protein. I can't use protein on a daily basis but I'm wondering if I can get away with it on a weekly basis?
So, why is my hair loving this?? Very puzzling to me.
PW:curlyhaired

Natural hair color - dark brunette
Fine, thinish hair/3a, 3b

Comments

• ConfusedcurlConfusedcurl Posts: 243Registered Users
    i've read some posts recently about people going on Ebay and buying the conditioner you find in hair coloring boxes because it is so awesome....

i have never dyed at home... so i am clueless, but apparently people love this stuff!
    3b, and increasingly c pieces... my curls will always be a little confused, but that is just fine!
    http://public.fotki.com/confusedcurl/
    PW: naturallycurly

• msgibletmsgiblet Posts: 5,825Registered Users
    I used to LOVE the conditioner that came with the color back when I used to color mine at home. It's the best conditioner ever!
    http://public.fotki.com/msgiblet/ - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11
    Fine, Thick, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Countess Balashi of Divi Beach in the Order of the Curly Crusaders :occasion5:

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DarbyDarby Posts: 1,025Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    ok. so what would compare that I could get? I have a whole sink full of crap! My last try was suave natural coconut condish and it is drying my hair out.

• msgibletmsgiblet Posts: 5,825Registered Users
    Someone said on a thread here somewhere that one of the at-home coloring companies sells the conditioner separately that comes with the color. I can't remember which one, though. Clairol, maybe?
    http://public.fotki.com/msgiblet/ - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11
    Fine, Thick, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Countess Balashi of Divi Beach in the Order of the Curly Crusaders :occasion5:

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eden28eden28 Posts: 30Registered Users
    you can find conditioner like that at walmart , they have it last time i saw it it was in the hair color section ..
  • JorgelinaJorgelina Posts: 169Registered Users
    i've read some posts recently about people going on Ebay and buying the conditioner you find in hair coloring boxes because it is so awesome

Reminds me of that episode of Seinfeld with Elaine and the muffin tops! LOL! :laughing8:
    "I know sometimes I might seem so ugly, and maybe I really am. I know that I'm not that easy to ignore when I'm really mad..."

Instagram

Twitter

Flickr

My album

My Hair Timeline
    eden28 wrote:
    you can find conditioner like that at walmart , they have it last time i saw it it was in the hair color section ..

Really? And I was just there today. I'll have to go tomorrow and look.

• CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,573Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    My sister said she read that you can now buy the conditioner separately. I haven't seen it yet though.

I replied to your email. :)
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
  • * Willow ** Willow * Posts: 496Registered Users
    Sally's sells Loreal's Feria Condish seperately.
    If you focus on the negative not only is that what you'll see, that's what you'll be.
  • DominicanaHeatDominicanaHeat Posts: 2,729Registered Users
    I wish all conditioners were as good as the ones in hair dye boxes. My hair is always extra soft, shiny, smooth....I don't know why more companies don't use those formulas and but them in full sized bottles...
    Willow6886 wrote:
    Sally's sells Loreal's Feria Condish seperately.

That was the best conditioner when I used to use Feria! I always see the bottles too...never bothered to pick one up!
    3a/3b thick coarse WL dark brown hair. CG/Mod CG since: 5/4/05. Current products: Right now my hair is in such a tizzy over this winter weather we are hving that nothing really seems to be working. I need a haircut.
  • curlygirlymecurlygirlyme Posts: 1,340Registered Users
    I colored my hair about 6 months ago and I thought the condish was awesome. I thought it was just a fluke so I ignored it... guess I was wrong :cheers:
  • swirldropsswirldrops Posts: 152Registered Users
    My sister said she read that you can now buy the conditioner separately. I haven't seen it yet though.

Yeah, my Mom said the same thing and darn it, I can't remember which brand I saw but it was in a blue tube. At CVS.
    Type: Course & thick. According to everyone's input, 2c w/ 3a potential.
    Color: Brown w/ highlights & annoying grays which I color.
    Length: Past shoulders w/ layers.
    Issues: Dryness, knots & more dryness!
    Poo: Deva Lo-Poo 1 x week, Clarify 1-2 x month
    CO Wash: Suave Tropical Coconut (but looking for something else b/c I suspect protein issues)
    Condish: GVPCB, LVPNG
    Leave-Ins: Was loving KBB Milk & Nectar, but overused them. Usually just leave-in some of what I CO with.
    Styling: Biolage Gelee
    was it this one? http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=162013&catid=10333

It's just awesome stuff. If I can't get it locally, I'm ordering!!

• elljmzelljmz Posts: 8Registered Users
    It is by Clairol. nice'n easy ColorSeal Its in a smallish blue tube. I find it near the clairol hair color not by the conditioners. I've bought it at Walmart. Target, Kroger . I usr it every other day and it is awesome. It leaves my hair so shiny and soft. Its the best!
    elljmz wrote:
    It is by Clairol. nice'n easy ColorSeal Its in a smallish blue tube. I find it near the clairol hair color not by the conditioners. I've bought it at Walmart. Target, Kroger . I usr it every other day and it is awesome. It leaves my hair so shiny and soft. Its the best!

Are you protein sensitive at all?

• elljmzelljmz Posts: 8Registered Users
    Darby wrote:
    elljmz wrote:

Are you protein sensitive at all?

I use Activate shampoo so if I am I'm guessing that takes care of it.
  • swirldropsswirldrops Posts: 152Registered Users
    Type: Course & thick. According to everyone's input, 2c w/ 3a potential.
    Color: Brown w/ highlights & annoying grays which I color.
    Length: Past shoulders w/ layers.
    Issues: Dryness, knots & more dryness!
    Poo: Deva Lo-Poo 1 x week, Clarify 1-2 x month
    CO Wash: Suave Tropical Coconut (but looking for something else b/c I suspect protein issues)
    Condish: GVPCB, LVPNG
    Leave-Ins: Was loving KBB Milk & Nectar, but overused them. Usually just leave-in some of what I CO with.
    Styling: Biolage Gelee
    Found it at walmart yesterday and bought it. It was only 3.00. Also bought some tigi moisture maniac condish and tigi brunette shampoo. I thought for sure the shampoo would have protein in it and I read the ingredients twice while there at the store -- the lady kept asking me, "can I help you?" She must have thought I was so strange because I was there for so long reading the label! :) No sense in explaining to them -- they wouldn't understand. I bought it at the hair place in Walmart.
    Can't wait to try it out. Today is hair washing day :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file