Mister Right?

curlybrunette5curlybrunette5 Posts: 264Registered Users
Ok I haven't had much luck with Deva Product other than OneC (but B2B Pom is much more economical and I get the same if not better results). But I've been looking lately for something to refresh my hair on the 2nd day. I have a really sensitive sense of smell and I can just smell when my hair isn't freshly washed--it's not stinky, it's just not clean. I just feel dirty. It's not noticeble to others (haha I make my fiance do sniff tests...he thinks I'm nuts) it just bothers me.

SO I was thinking Mister Right may be a solution for this. Has anyone used it? What do you think?
3a on top and sides/3b underneath...lots of hair

My HG: Sabino Lok & Blok

Comments

• KurlyCueKurlyCue Posts: 5Registered Users
    I bought Mist-er Right for the same reason--as a re"fresh"ing spray for 2nd-day hair. While I like the way it works on my hair--brings back curl definition well enough--I don't love the smell. The lavender on my hair...not a great combo. I prefer Devacurl's Set it Free. It has a very strong fake-lime smell at first, but that fades quickly and it simply leaves my hair smelling fresh. For 2nd-day hair: I spritz a few sprays into my palms, rub together, then lightly run my hands over my hair. Alleviates frizz, re-defines curl, smells better than Mist-er Right to me.

Have you tried Jessicurl's Awe Inspiralling Spray for same purpose? It comes in several scents if you don't end up liking the Devacurl products.

Good luck!

3a, low-poo/no-poo, one C, graham webb making waves, SiF
    3a, thin, fine, colored. Mod CG since 10/07. Today: No-Poo, One C, CCSS, GW Making Waves. Second day hair: SiF, Jessicurl AIS.
  • FrizzBgoneFrizzBgone Posts: 2,678Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I 2nd CurlyCue's recommendation for AIS. It is by far my favourite mid-day pick me up.
    I love the Lavender Citrus scent, but the Island Fantasy is nice as well. And ... her products also come in unscented.

I much prefer Jessicurl's products to Devacurl's. OneC and Low Poo are the only Devacurl products I'll ever re-purchase.
    Type: 3a fine & dense,with normal porosity, terrible product junkie
    ROUTINE: LI, enhancer, gel, plop with Curlease towel, serum product (either CIAB or Gel-les'c), clip & diffuse.
    Too many favourite products to list ... I finally have my routine that works and alot of products to choose from. My product stash is huge, but well loved !!!
  • bostonwavesbostonwaves Posts: 727Registered Users
    I use Mister Right for second day hair all the time. I love it. And it last a long time as you only need a couple of spritzes to freshen your hair.

I like the lavendar smell. My hair is fine 2b/3a so Set it Free and AIG are too oily for me. They weigh my hair down and it looks dirty.
    I use Set It Free only on 1st day hair when I need it.

Mister Right just pumps up the curl and freshens your hair without adding any more product.
    "What's the good of having naturally curly hair if nobody's jealous?" Freida - Peanuts

~CG 8/06 ~
    fine, wavy - 2b/3a
    KCNT and KKCC
  • curlybrunette5curlybrunette5 Posts: 264Registered Users
    Thanks guys for your input! I think I'm going to try the Mister Right first- because I tried Set It Free and despite loving the smell, it just made my hair gunky feeling and I'm afraid Jessicurl will do the same. I think I'm gonna run to Ulta today, so I'll write a review soon!

• curlybrunette5curlybrunette5 Posts: 264Registered Users
    Ok, I tried Mist-er Right, and I have to say so far I love it. I'm not too crazy about the way it smells while I'm spraying it, but my hair smells fresh all day and it's not at all greasy or gunky feeling like with Set It Free. I think this one's a keeper!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file