kids say such cute things!

KurlyKaeKurlyKae Posts: 3,413Registered Users Curl Neophyte
This is related to hair, but really about the kids. I work at my daughter's school, doing playground duty a couple days a week. Wednesday, I broke out the flat iron for the first time since school started. Yesterday, several kids noticed the change, saying, " you changed your hair!" "Did you get your hair cut?" or "your hair looks different!" But, my favorite had to come from Drew when he asked, "Is that your hair?" Hee. They say what ever comes to mind. Today it's raining for the first time in forever, so it's back to curly, and wild since I'm not used to dealing with the humidity anymore. I wonder what I'll hear now?
3a/2c
Trader Joe's Tingle conditioner wash/ conditioner
AG re:coil, LALooks gel, John Frieda Secret Weapon

Comments

• PoodleheadPoodlehead Posts: 6,959Registered Users
    Funny!

One of my son's friends told his mom that I have to keep a ponytail holder in my hair "or her hair will EXPLODE!" Clearly, I need to wear my hair down more often. :lol:
    Minneapolis, MN
  • emmêleremmêler Posts: 137Registered Users
    i am not in the habit of wearing my hair down, so it's always a bit surprising to see. my favourite moment of surprise though was a small french child who told me that with my new hair that i was "as pretty as a restaurant!"
  • cymprenicympreni Posts: 9,609Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    emmêler wrote:
    i am not in the habit of wearing my hair down, so it's always a bit surprising to see. my favourite moment of surprise though was a small french child who told me that with my new hair that i was "as pretty as a restaurant!"

:laughing9:
  • SCGSCG Posts: 5,416Registered Users
    Hee, kids do say funny stuff. I was actually getting ready to post one of these.

Over Thanksgiving, we were with my mom's side of the family almost every night. One night, we were at my grandparent's house, and I decided to put together a puzzle with some of my younger cousins. I had a few pieces of hair that fell out of my ponytail that we hanging by my face, which my 6 year old cousin felt the need to feel. He turned to me a few seconds later, and said "SARAH! Your hair feels like NOODLES!"

emmêler, I love yours!

"And death is at your doorstep
    And it will steal your innocence
    But it will not steal your substance
    But you are not alone in this"

“My ability to turn good news into anxiety is rivaled only by my ability to turn anxiety into chin acne.” - Tina Fey
  • KurlyKaeKurlyKae Posts: 3,413Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    emmêler wrote:

Love it! A comparison to an entire restaurant has to be the highest type of compliment!
    3a/2c
  • KurlyKaeKurlyKae Posts: 3,413Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Hee, kids do say funny stuff. I was actually getting ready to post one of these.

Over Thanksgiving, we were with my mom's side of the family almost every night. One night, we were at my grandparent's house, and I decided to put together a puzzle with some of my younger cousins. I had a few pieces of hair that fell out of my ponytail that we hanging by my face, which my 6 year old cousin felt the need to feel. He turned to me a few seconds later, and said "SARAH! Your hair feels like NOODLES!"

emmêler, I love yours!

Another food comparison...in my house, that would be high praise!
    3a/2c
  • asleep to audioasleep to audio Posts: 2,085Registered Users
    This is cute and a bit feisty, though not about hair. My 6th grade teacher once told this story:
    At a family reunion type thing, her nephew, who was 10 or so, was really into little kids and babysitting and stuff like that. So, there was his (the nephew's) cousin, who was only maybe 4. The 10-year-old said, "Hey, let's read a story! Come on, let's get cozy." So the 4-year-old did. After a little while, she got bored, and got up. The 10-year-old said, "Hey, come back! I want to cuddle." And the little girl looked back and said, "Get a teddy bear!" :laughing9:

Once, in 9th grade, I was babysitting for this adorable little girl, Ellie. While her father was getting ready to leave for whatever they were going to, I was reading her a story, and she started giggling at my hair, saying, "Hair! I like hair! Messy hair like Grandma!" :lol: Her dad explained that her grandmother had curly hair, which Ellie called "messy hair." So cute!

When my sister was 3 or 4, we went to the Grand Canyon during the summer. At our hotel, she randomly opened a drawer and pulled out the Bible. She got this excited look on her face and said, "LOOK! It's a dictionary!" :lol:

CoN green, HE hello hydration, burt's bees super shiny condish, & KCCC.

mostly 3b, mod CG

Smiles are free, so give them away.

Celebrate we will, 'cause life is short but sweet, for certain.
  • jcejce Posts: 512Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Kids can draw cute things too. This from my 7 year old:

alex_myfamily.jpg

Can you guess which one I am??
    3b/c normally, 3a/b in the winter

• KurlyKarenLeeKurlyKarenLee Posts: 1,048Registered Users
    jce wrote:

alex_myfamily.jpg

:laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: That's hilarious!!!
    KurlyKarenLee

You can say what you want about the South, but you never hear of anyone retiring and moving North.
  • yagottaloveyacurlsyagottaloveyacurls Posts: 5,766Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    jce wrote:

alex_myfamily.jpg

That's great!! hee... I love when kids draw people.
    nice curls... :lol:
  • picklesgirlpicklesgirl Posts: 1,955Registered Users
    I have a cute kid story to but it's not about hair.. Although I've had several pics of me drawn and you can always tell which one i am

Anyway the other night we were talking about how santa gives coal and sticks to "bad" children and Max said "well i'm not bad i'm good" so my husband said "i don't know remember that time you threw a fit every night before bed for like 2 weeks oh and that time you had to sit in time-out" He got cut off at that point by Max saying "ok let's not talk about it" :laughing9: we were laughing so hard I almost had pop shoot out of my nose.. Too funny
  • CanItBeChristineCanItBeChristine Posts: 6,343Registered Users
    Haha!

My 2-year-old niece watches Clifford. My aunt was watching her, and said the little girl on the show has a doll with curly dark hair and my niece points to her and says my name!
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    When my son was about 7 years old, I woke him up to get up for school. When he opened his eyes and saw me standing over him, he said "mommy, your hair is screaming!"
  • noelaninoelani Posts: 665Registered Users
    I was at a baby shower and my friends 5 year old nephew came running up to me and grabbed my hair and pointed at my head and said "What's that?" I said, "It's a headband." He said, "Oh," let my hair go and ran away. :laughing9:
    "When you are not afraid to fall, that's when you fly the highest"

"You shouldnt let random people who dont love you , arent there to help you with a flat tire, or there to fix you soup when your tummy hurts dictate your choices in life."
  • roseannadanaroseannadana Posts: 5,633Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    My son used to make wookie sounds when he'd catch me with my morning hair. He still does it from time to time but I wookie right back at him because he's got mama's hair! :laughing9:

I was born to be a pessimist. My blood type is B Negative.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file