Hair care ideas...

curls101curls101 Posts: 334Registered Users
I have pretty fine hair, its more wavy than curly and right now i am using Suave Shampoo and a leave in by redken then herbal essence gel combined with Patene mousse but i find my curls not so defined...can someone help me ...and it needs to be avaiable in the drug store. I really do not no what to do in terms of styles, ideas and what not to make it more curly. PS: my hairs medium length,(shoulderish)

Comments

• mysteryflavoredmysteryflavored Posts: 1,271Registered Users Curl Novice
    curls101 wrote:
    I have pretty fine hair, its more wavy than curly and right now i am using Suave Shampoo and a leave in by redken then herbal essence gel combined with Patene mousse but i find my curls not so defined...can someone help me ...and it needs to be avaiable in the drug store. I really do not no what to do in terms of styles, ideas and what not to make it more curly. PS: my hairs medium length,(shoulderish)

The shampoo is probably drying your hair out, which will lead to frizzy, undefined curls. If you can find a gentler shampoo (some drug stores sell Activate, which I've heard is okay), or ditch shampoo altogether and go the CG way, that'll help a lot. The leave-in may not be providing you with enough moisture, too, so you may want to invest in a rinse-out conditioner that offers more moisture.
  • curls101curls101 Posts: 334Registered Users
    OH NO.....i meant conditoner!!!! Sorry ladies opps!
  • swirldropsswirldrops Posts: 152Registered Users
    I feel like the last person that should giving advice considering I'm struggling so much with my own hair right now, but here's a few great suggestions that were given to me...

Maybe too many products? What about trying just the gel or the mousse, instead of both together? Too many styling products for me = weighed down & less curls.

Does anything you're using have silicones or proteins? Some people are sensitive to those.

Have you ever clarified? I know that helps me alot when I need to kind-of "start over".

Have you tried plopping or diffusing?

Hope that helps a bit!
    Type: Course & thick. According to everyone's input, 2c w/ 3a potential.
    Color: Brown w/ highlights & annoying grays which I color.
    Length: Past shoulders w/ layers.
    Issues: Dryness, knots & more dryness!
    Poo: Deva Lo-Poo 1 x week, Clarify 1-2 x month
    CO Wash: Suave Tropical Coconut (but looking for something else b/c I suspect protein issues)
    Condish: GVPCB, LVPNG
    Leave-Ins: Was loving KBB Milk & Nectar, but overused them. Usually just leave-in some of what I CO with.
    Styling: Biolage Gelee
  • curls101curls101 Posts: 334Registered Users
    I Would love to but both products need something together bc its either not enough hold or too much:(

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file