New York City Curlies

I am interested in trying SheaMoisture and Jessicurl products, but I would like to buy them in a brick and mortar store if I can. Do you know of any stores in New York City that sell either of these lines?
4a/3c
Last relaxer: 8/23/06
BC: 10/24/07

Comments

• mysteryflavoredmysteryflavored Posts: 1,271Registered Users Curl Novice
    I am interested in trying SheaMoisture and Jessicurl products, but I would like to buy them in a brick and mortar store if I can. Do you know of any stores in New York City that sell either of these lines?

I don't know of anywhere in NYC that sells Jessicurl, but I know if you go to beautyofnewyork.com, they have locations in Brooklyn (and mabye Manhattan? I don't remember) that sell SheaMoisture.
  • agent_003bdagent_003bd Posts: 142Registered Users
    I'm not from NYC, but I was on the JessiCurl website today. There is a store locator on the site.

The Beehive Salon 494 Lorimer Street, Brooklyn, NY 718-782-8376

http://www.thebeehivesalon.com/
    2/3a mix

Shampoo-free since 09/04
  • selfcurledgirlselfcurledgirl Posts: 518Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Yes and it isn't far from Manhattan, just 2 stops on the L train.
    Hair type, thin, 3b, past my shoulders always looking for length. Use jessicurl hair cleansing cream, devacurl one c, angel, set it free, Always see a deva trained stylist for cut and Aveda Institute for color.
  • DominicanaHeatDominicanaHeat Posts: 2,729Registered Users
    You can get Shea Moisture in just about any beauty supply shop in NYC. I have seen it in Queens, Manhattan and the Bronx...
    3a/3b thick coarse WL dark brown hair. CG/Mod CG since: 5/4/05. Current products: Right now my hair is in such a tizzy over this winter weather we are hving that nothing really seems to be working. I need a haircut.
  • AwakenedDesiresAwakenedDesires Posts: 88Registered Users
    Thanks everyone!

I'll have to stop by the Beehive and check it out. I am glad to learn about Beauty of New York as well. The beauty supply shops around me do not have many curl-friendly products, except Ricky's, and none of them have SheaMoisture.

I also learned of Nubian Heritage stores. They produce and carry SheaMoisture as well as other products. In case anyone is interested, they have stores in Harlem, Queens, and Brooklyn.
    4a/3c
    Last relaxer: 8/23/06
    BC: 10/24/07

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file