What's gonna land you in jail one of these days?

SnarlsSnarls Posts: 2,537Registered Users
For me, it's sidewalk rage, LOL. Not directed at other pedestrians, at cars. I've been walking at least an hour a day since I was a teenager. I've got decades of rage built up!

I've already got the crazy eyes. Give me a few more years or flagrant traffic violations and I'll be the nut pounding on someone's hood or heaving rocks at windshields.
formerly Castella
(my dogs aren't snarly, my hair is)

Comments

• shellibeanshellibean Posts: 4,500Registered Users
    :happy2:
    A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose.

"...you could have a turd on your head and no one would notice."~Subbrock

"I had an imaginary puppy, but my grandpa ate him."~Bailey
  • KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I'm going to steal my neighbor's dog one of these days. Why get a puppy if you're not going to be home all day while the poor thing cries day in and day out? It's not that I mind the noise, it's that my heart is breaking hearing it cry. Or heck, bring it one door down and I'll babysit your dog really cheap. Heck, at this point I'll do it for free just so I don't have to hear it cry.

BTW in case anyone remembers my previous rants, these are not the same neighbors that tied their dog out on the back porch and let it bark all day long. Those guys moved away right when I was seriously considering swiping their dog and finding a good home for it, and I got some new bad-dog-owning neighbors. Just my friggin luck! :roll:
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • AmandacurlsAmandacurls Posts: 6,252Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Castella wrote:
    For me, it's sidewalk rage, LOL. Not directed at other pedestrians, at cars. I've been walking at least an hour a day since I was a teenager. I've got decades of rage built up!

I've already got the crazy eyes. Give me a few more years or flagrant traffic violations and I'll be the nut pounding on someone's hood or heaving rocks at windshields.

Mine's a little like yours, except I'm going to go crazy one day on people who yell at me while I'm running. Or throw things at me, or flash their lights in my eyes!
  • yagottaloveyacurlsyagottaloveyacurls Posts: 5,766Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Castella wrote:
    I've already got the crazy eyes. .

:laughing9:

Blaring pop music in stores. I'm not talking even clothing stores, it's in grocery stores, drug stores, gas stations. It's everywhere. I hate when people subject you to their type of music. I don't like pop music. Maybe in some Psychology of music on buyers study, pop music was proved to make people buy more, whatever I don't care. It drives me insane. I want peace and quiet, or at least just soft instrumental UNOBTRUSIVE music, not some little dork pop boy in a breathless voice repeatedly telling me about his troubles or how lonely he is without pop girl. (or vice versa.)

Just SHUUUUUUUUUUUUUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cussing:

Have a nice day. :flower: :sunny: :thumbright:
  • 2happy2happy Posts: 5,138Registered Users
    Castella wrote:

Oh Castella - are you trying to temp me into changing my signature quote? :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or hump it.....Piss on it and walk away.
    Location - WI
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Maybe not jail, but rather the looney bin.

I took my son to morning sports practice at 5:30 this morning (an ungodly hour BTW), and I was cranky anyway because I hate to be up that early. I had to get gas on the way home, and all the gas stations seem to have an annoying BLARING video screen on top of every pump these days, screaming advertisements at me. I told it to STFU today...and I don't care who heard me. They're lucky I didn't pour gasoline on it and light it up. I stopped going to one grocery store because they had blaring video advertisements in the check out lines. I can't stand all that noise.
  • ScarletScarlet Posts: 3,125Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Various and sundry violations on public transportation. People screaming into their cell phones; people listening to iPods, but the music is so loud I can hear it 5 seats away; men fondling their Blackberry constantly. I swear it's a new form of masturbation.
    The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics - Thomas Sowell
  • PoPo Posts: 2,607Registered Users
    Scarlet wrote:
    Various and sundry violations on public transportation. People screaming into their cell phones; people listening to iPods, but the music is so loud I can hear it 5 seats away; men fondling their Blackberry constantly. I swear it's a new form of masturbation.

:laughing9:
    3c/4a
  • curlicurli Posts: 857Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    My BF. Nuff said..
  • LayaliLayali Posts: 561Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Scarlet wrote:

Amen!

Also, add to this obnoxious and LOUD groups of teenagers who view the metro as their own private playground. You do not need to be playing monkey-in-the-middle on a packed train!
    naturally 3b/3c

Explanation by the tongue makes most things clear, but love unexplained is clearer. ~ Rumi
  • cymprenicympreni Posts: 9,609Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Drama queens who feel the need to include me in whatever minor thing they've managed to turn into Mt. Everest.

excessive noise will probably send me to a looney bin someday too. I lack the ability to filter out background noise, and if there's a lot of it, it makes it sounds like everyone's mumbling. drives me nuts.
  • internetchickinternetchick Posts: 6,191Registered Users

I took my son to morning sports practice at 5:30 this morning (an ungodly hour BTW), and I was cranky anyway because I hate to be up that early. I had to get gas on the way home, and all the gas stations seem to have an annoying BLARING video screen on top of every pump these days, screaming advertisements at me. I told it to STFU today...and I don't care who heard me. They're lucky I didn't pour gasoline on it and light it up. I stopped going to one grocery store because they had blaring video advertisements in the check out lines. I can't stand all that noise.

I haven't seen that at the gas stations, but the local Albertsons and Walmarts have those now. They are very annoying.

I haven't seen that at the gas stations, but the local Albertsons and Walmarts have those now. They are very annoying.

Probably headed your way soon:

http://www.gasstationtv.com/

audience_animated.gif
  • iris427iris427 Posts: 6,002Registered Users

audience_animated.gif

Ugh
    3027585431_55b6195e50_s.jpg3028374752_0df4d81a1b_s.jpg3028422696_8dcef38baa_s.jpg
    TickerTicker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=29&CT=&CG=F&O=m_nestbirds&T=t_b14&D=20080913&M1=&D1=2009&T2=&T1=Baby+Iris&CC=0&CO=&step=5&radio=A
  • sarasarasarasara Posts: 1,561Registered Users
    my parents
  • yagottaloveyacurlsyagottaloveyacurls Posts: 5,766Registered Users Curl Connoisseur

audience_animated.gif

kill me now.
  • geekygeeky Posts: 4,995Registered Users
    Castella wrote:

It'll be sidewalk rage against pedestrians for me. My office is right in the middle of Times Square. It's the holiday season, and I am pregnant and using a cane for a broken foot. Can you say ticking time bomb? When you hear about some group of hapless tourists assaulted with a cane, you will know it is me.

I barely go out for lunch, for fear of perpetrating assault and battery.
    To Trenell, MizKerri and geeky:
    I pray none of you ever has to live in a communist state.

Geeky is my hero. She's the true badass. The badass who doesn't even need to be a badass. There aren't enough O's in cool to describe her.
  • MeghuneyMeghuney Posts: 4,263Registered Users
    I'm a club-fighter if I'm drunk. If I'm out, had a few drinks and you run into me or tell me something crazy, you will get get knocked the hell out.

If MelSue were here, she'd give you guys a good rundown. :laughing9: We've been put out of some clubs SEVERAL TIMES.

I've learned to control it. Actually, I think I grew out of it. I was releasing my pent-up anger in the wrong ways.
    Meghuney wrote:
    I'm a club-fighter if I'm drunk. If I'm out, had a few drinks and you run into me or tell me something crazy, you will get get knocked the hell out.

If MelSue were here, she'd give you guys a good rundown. :laughing9: We've been put out of some clubs SEVERAL TIMES.

I've learned to control it. Actually, I think I grew out of it. I was releasing my pent-up anger in the wrong ways.

I want to hear some stories!!!! lol
  • MeghuneyMeghuney Posts: 4,263Registered Users
    Meghuney wrote:

I want to hear some stories!!!! lol

Girl, I used to be a handful. Well, I still am..but about a year ago, I was off the chain! I just was so mad at the WORLD. As much entertainment as it provided random club-goers, I don't advocate that kind of behavior.
  • journotravelerjournotraveler Posts: 2,816Registered Users
    geeky wrote:
    Castella wrote:

It'll be sidewalk rage against pedestrians for me. My office is right in the middle of Times Square. It's the holiday season, and I am pregnant and using a cane for a broken foot. Can you say ticking time bomb? When you hear about some group of hapless tourists assaulted with a cane, you will know it is me.

I barely go out for lunch, for fear of perpetrating assault and battery.

i feel your pain. i used to work right on bway & 43rd. xmas time is the worst.

sorry to hear about your foot...

i will end up in jail for murdering my contractor.
    3B corkscrews with scatterings of 3A & 3C.
  • lazy loopslazy loops Posts: 8,792Registered Users
    For me it's going to be the rude dumbass people on the sidewalks, in the parking lots & walking in the stores. I swear to God they're all a bunch of dumb cows wandering around!

The drivers are worse!

:angry5:
  • Agent ScarlettAgent Scarlett Posts: 275Registered Users
    This won't put me in jail but it'll get me kicked out of my gym. I swear I will go crazy on the next person who decides to have a full-on, loud conversation right next to me while I'm on the treadmill. If you're able to chit-chat comfortably on the machine, you're not working hard enough to do you any good. So go away!!! :angry5:
    This won't put me in jail but it'll get me kicked out of my gym. I swear I will go crazy on the next person who decides to have a full-on, loud conversation right next to me while I'm on the treadmill. If you're able to chit-chat comfortably on the machine, you're not working hard enough to do you any good. So go away!!! :angry5:

Ugh, that gets me too. I'm highly irritable if I have to run on the treadmill anyways and it bugs me if people are talking around me really loud or trying to ask me questions. I'm like "I'm running here"!!! Also I hate it when a line of treadmills is open and someone gets on the one right next to me. Or the people who are walking at like speed 2.0 and try to act like they're really working up a sweat. UGH!!!!!!
    Or the people who are walking at like speed 2.0 and try to act like they're really working up a sweat.

I can understand not wanting the loud conversations next to you (my definition of hell is being stuck on the treadmill between two loud yentas having a conversation.) But why does someone just exercising at their own pace bother you so much? Some people really do sweat at 2.0, because they're out of shape and are trying to get in shape. Why be such an exercise snob?
    Or the people who are walking at like speed 2.0 and try to act like they're really working up a sweat.

I can understand not wanting the loud conversations next to you (my definition of hell is being stuck on the treadmill between two loud yentas having a conversation.) But why does someone just exercising at their own pace bother you so much? Some people really do sweat at 2.0, because they're out of shape and are trying to get in shape. Why be such an exercise snob?

It's not the pace, it's the loud groans or making a big production of how it's building up a sweat.
  • GuardianBGuardianB Posts: 1,905Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Posting on forums during duty hours. :bag:

Breaking the law...breaking the law...
    ~Two friends, one soul inspired~ anonymous
  • DominicanaHeatDominicanaHeat Posts: 2,729Registered Users
    Morons on the subway. LOL. Nuff sed!
    Bailey422 wrote:
    I'm going to steal my neighbor's dog one of these days. Why get a puppy if you're not going to be home all day while the poor thing cries day in and day out? It's not that I mind the noise, it's that my heart is breaking hearing it cry. Or heck, bring it one door down and I'll babysit your dog really cheap. Heck, at this point I'll do it for free just so I don't have to hear it cry.

My brother's old neighbors did that...they got a tiny little puppy for their kids and the dog was neglected big time and the kids abused rather than played with the lil guy. He got so mad that one day he knocked on their door and said "You aren't treating the puppy the way he deserves to be treated. If you don't want the dog, I'll take him" And they quickly dumped the dog into his arms. He still has him.
    3a/3b thick coarse WL dark brown hair. CG/Mod CG since: 5/4/05. Current products: Right now my hair is in such a tizzy over this winter weather we are hving that nothing really seems to be working. I need a haircut.
  • badgercurlsbadgercurls Posts: 3,077Registered Users
    I think I'm a hypocrite. I have sidewalk rage against cars and road rage against pedestrians. I've almost gotten run over on campus several times when I was in a crosswalk with a red light. There are two new(ish) stoplights on either side of the university building where my office and classes are, and people run them sometimes. I can see how it'd be easy to accidentally run the light if you're not used to it being there, but to run it when there's someone in the crosswalk?

On the other hand, I also have road rage against pedestrians who think it's totally okay to walk out in front of you when there's no crosswalk or when there's a crosswalk but there's a DON'T WALK light! I almost hit two high-school boys who walked out in front of me a few days ago while all their friends stayed on the sidewalk. The light was green, they had a "don't walk" sign, and I was going 35. Thankfully my brakes work well!

And don't get me started on the most annoying intersection in the world, Lake St. at State St on the UW campus. There's a crosswalk and stop sign there, and if you happen to hit it at the wrong time (basically any time during the day), you can literally sit there for 10 minutes waiting for pedestrians to get out of the way. There will always be some polite ones who stop and want to let you go, but then one clueless and/or rude one who holds you up, so the rest of them go, and the process starts all over again. (Castella, you can probably back me up on that one. :laughing9: \)
  • SnarlsSnarls Posts: 2,537Registered Users
    Ok, granted, MOST pedestrians suck. But I'm pretty darn considerate for a pedestrian. I stop at EVERY intersection and look all ways. If there's a stop sign, I let the car go first. I'M not the one who's in a homicidal hurry! (self righteous snort). I obey the damn lights. Sort of. I respect anyone with a cane or walker or scooter or stroller or dog. I try not to sneak up on old people and scare them. And finally, hey, I drive too! I know which streets are awful for waiting forever to get a chance to go! So if you're in a car and it's awful, yes. I will wait. And let you go.

I saw a woman get struck and thrown several feet by a car a few months ago. She was OK, I guess, I mean she got up at least. The guy ran a stop sign. And she wasn't looking and had her ipod going.

No one becomes a kinder, more gentle person behind the wheel of a car. I'm a ball of piss when I drive too. But I hate cars, they bring out the worst in people.
    formerly Castella
    (my dogs aren't snarly, my hair is)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file