Camcorder Suggestions?

deedlesdeedles Posts: 2,467Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
DH and I want to purchase a Camcorder to start making movies of Liam (instead of using DH imac) We most likely will wait till after the holidays because the prices will go down..

We want a decent one but that's easy to use and not to pricey..

for those who own one.. any suggestions??

~d
Liam: 6 years old
Colin: 3 years old

Comments

• goldygoldy Posts: 5,463Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    i hope you get some responses because we are planning to get a camcorder this year too..

but there are so many choices out there right now.. mini-dv, digital, dvd.. it all has me so confused :?
    Poodlehead wrote:
    Ah, it all makes sense now. Goldy is the puppet master! :lol:
  • CurlOnWheelsCurlOnWheels Posts: 170Registered Users
    deedles wrote:
    DH and I want to purchase a Camcorder to start making movies of Liam (instead of using DH imac) We most likely will wait till after the holidays because the prices will go down..

I am getting a Flip Ultra for Christmas from my husband. Like you, I wanted easy but not pricey. It's about $180 and records for an hour. All you do is plug it into a USB port to upload. They have a cheaper model (Flip Video) which is $120, but it only records for 30 minutes. My friend works at a radio station and they all use them for their webcasts.
    You are sunlight and I moon
    Joined by the Gods of fortune
    Midnight and high noon
    Sharing the sky
    We have been blessed
    You and I
    -- Miss Saigon

Check out my randomness...
  • love yourself firstlove yourself first Posts: 5,398Registered Users
    deedles wrote:

I am getting a Flip Ultra for Christmas from my husband. Like you, I wanted easy but not pricey. It's about $180 and records for an hour. All you do is plug it into a USB port to upload. They have a cheaper model (Flip Video) which is $120, but it only records for 30 minutes. My friend works at a radio station and they all use them for their webcasts.

Thanks for the link and recommendation! I'm in the market for one too, but will wait until January..

Anyone else have recommendations in the good but affordable camcorder category?
    "Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people."
    "I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then we live with that decision."
    - Eleanor Roosevelt (both quotes)

(taking a break from posting starting late august 2009)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file