KCC Revisited

foxycus02foxycus02 Posts: 918Registered Users
There was a post talking about leave-ins to layer under KCC. I can't find it. Anyway, they suggested VO5 Strawberries and cream under KCC. KCC was an HG of mine for a long time but I hated the crunchy, flaking, and drying time. I also used it alone and on super wet hair. Also I would look like a wet chihuahua until my hair dried and I could scrunch the crunch out.

Today, I co washed with VO5 Kiwi Lime (my fave cowash condish) then I squeezed all the excess water and added 2 big blobs of VO5 strawberries and cream, fingercombed, then applied kcc. Ive never tried [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Knot-Today-p-207.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-knot-today-leaveindetangler]knot today[/buylink] but from wet hair I knew the results were gonna be different. I had volume on wet hair. My hair was about 75% dry in 1.5 hrs not 12.5. It dried softer and looks really cute :cheers: .

I have to say though I tried to do a puff with the goody headband. It worked last night but I guess you have to wait for your hair to completely dry to do it. So I just have it on and its literally numbing my brain!! Oh well it looks 2 cute.

rockin' to the tune of her own beat...

comic-p.jpg

Comments

• foxycus02foxycus02 Posts: 918Registered Users
    although...I wanna try Tigi moisture maniac (lord I need rehab)

comic-p.jpg
  • springyheadspringyhead Posts: 350Registered Users
    I am so satisfied with KCC, that I havent even branched out to try other gels! My hair is too short to pin back or ponytail at night, so I have to wet every morning to plump up and get rid of bedhead; and every morning I apply a little KCC to keep hold and moisture. If I wring as much excess water out of my hair before application, it doesn't take too long to dry (1.5 hours or so). Also, this stuff really seems to like cold weather (haven't tried it in warm)

For me, the KT didn't really have an effect on my hair, and I have been trying to use SheaM under it, since I remember reading on the board that it worked well with KCC. Again, im not seeing any benefits of the leave-in, and the SheaM/KCC combo takes a very long time to dry.

Maybe I'll give tigi mositure maniac a try too!
    4a, fine coils. low/med porosity. "It's springy. Like a slinky."--My Lil' Cousin

I use products on 90% dry hair.
    Wash: Dr. Bronner's Peppermint Castille Soap.
    Conditioner: Tigi Bedhead Moisture Maniac/Suave Humectants
    Moisturizers: Long Aid
    Styler: Ecostyler Clear/ Vitamin E Oil
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    :bounce: So glad it worked! I just bought the Strawberries and Cream, and it works with that and also Suave toasted Vanilla. But -- I still love that slick silky feeling I get from the KT under the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink]. I'll probably alternate to stretch out the KT.

Another thing I found that stretches the KT is to rub a little whipped butter in your wet hair before applying the KT. It made the KT foam a bit, and gave me better clumping. I used a homemade whipped blend of murumuru butter/castor oil/coconut oil and a tiny bit of glycerin and conditioner
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • Talisa3636Talisa3636 Posts: 310Registered Users
    4a hair: Fall/Winter HG's
    Qhemet: Alma and Olive Heavy Cream, Cocoa Tree
    Curl Junkie: DF, CIAB, Honey Butta, Curl Reham
    Oyin: Honey Hemp, Sugar Berry
    Anita Grant: Creamy Cafe Latte, Rhassoul DC, Babassu Amla Shampoo Bar, Monoi De Tahiti
    Bee Mine: Curly Butter
    Other: Millenia Mud, Hicks Oil
    Homemade: Jamila Henna, Alba UnPetroleum Mix, Scalp Oil Blend, Aloe/Condish Spray, Condition Rinse (Aussie Moist & Mane and Tail)
    :happy6: : www.fotki.com/talisa3636
  • jcurladyjcurlady Posts: 626Registered Users Curl Novice
    its availble local to me

Let me guess... u live in Raleigh or Greensboro don't you?
    if luvin KCKT and KCCC is wrong I don't wanna b right

sell crazy somewhere else...we're all stocked up here.
    :afro: def good hair day. My hair dried in like 2.5hrs usually with KCC 8hrs later I would touch the middle and it would be soaking wet!

Ive never tried KT but now I'm curious. My old roomie whose natural and uses KCC said the KT didnt work for her but she loves the spiral spritz. She actually only does her hair once a week and it looks really good!

SBB you tried a butter under KCC??? I thought no oily leave ins. I want to try the Jane Carter Nourish and shine under KCC.

Ive been using it as a hand moisturizer (I'm a frequent washer) and its awesome on my hands.

comic-p.jpg
    jcurlady wrote:
    its availble local to me

Let me guess... u live in Raleigh or Greensboro don't you?

Its available locally in several states. You can find out if there is a retail location nearby on the kinkycurly website.

comic-p.jpg
    Its available locally in several states. You can find out if there is a retail location nearby on the kinkycurly website.

Talisa was saying that she could get it locally. I didn't want to have to pay the s&h. I'm gonna make a trip to Raleigh next month and I can kill 3 birds w/ one stone if she's in Raleigh. Also there is nothing in Charlotte. We don't even have a Whole Foods.

jcurlady wrote:

Talisa was saying that she could get it locally. I didn't want to have to pay the s&h. I'm gonna make a trip to Raleigh next month and I can kill 3 birds w/ one stone if she's in Raleigh. Also there is nothing in Charlotte. We don't even have a Whole Foods.

Oooh didnt know you were from North Carolina as well. My friend just moved to Laurinburg and always complains about how spoiled I am to have everything so readily available.

comic-p.jpg
    foxycus02 wrote:
    :afro: def good hair day. My hair dried in like 2.5hrs usually with KCC 8hrs later I would touch the middle and it would be soaking wet!

Ive never tried KT but now I'm curious. My old roomie whose natural and uses KCC said the KT didnt work for her but she loves the spiral spritz. She actually only does her hair once a week and it looks really good!

SBB you tried a butter under KCC??? I thought no oily leave ins. I want to try the Jane Carter Nourish and shine under KCC.

Ive been using it as a hand moisturizer (I'm a frequent washer) and its awesome on my hands.

That's one thing I like about winter - hair dries faster!
    Yes I tried this butter. But used the KT as a buffer between the butter and [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink]. Rubbed my palms then rubbed on my wet hair in 3 sections, about 1/4 tsp per section and only halfway up from ends. Then on a whim put in the KT and the KT loved it -- got creamier, more clumpy. One weekend I want to try my hair with just this and see how long it holds together when dry. It just looked so good.
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Oooh didnt know you were from North Carolina as well. My friend just moved to Laurinburg and always complains about how spoiled I am to have everything so readily available

I'm actually tired of ragging on Charlotte, but Winston Salem has a Whole Foods and Charlotte doesn't. I used to live in Philly and NorCal. I would consider Charlotte a big city, but we don't have big city things here.

• preciousjewel76preciousjewel76 Posts: 679Registered Users Curl Novice
    I've played around with the KCC+V05 S&C combo a few times now, and while the results haven't been bad, they haven't been great, either. Maybe I'm not applying enough KCC, because I'm still getting some frizz and my curls aren't any more defined than if I were to use a regular ol' gel. I'm not giving up on the KCC just yet, though. Maybe I'll try using SheaM as my leave-in next time around.....
    4A - dense, medium strands - APL/BSL - 3+ years natural!

:love7:YAY!: GF Triple Nutrition Conditioner, YTCu Color Care Conditioner, Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque, LOTD AV Gel, EVCO, JCN&S, KCCC, buns and updos!
    I've played around with the KCC+V05 S&C combo a few times now, and while the results haven't been bad, they haven't been great, either. Maybe I'm not applying enough KCC, because I'm still getting some frizz and my curls aren't any more defined than if I were to use a regular ol' gel. I'm not giving up on the KCC just yet, though. Maybe I'll try using SheaM as my leave-in next time around.....

I also found a bit of frizz with this combo. I may try mixing the S&C with a little homemade whipped butter.
    comic-p.jpg

Ive been using a Giovanni Mousse and the direct leave in since saturday so the KCC is always on hold :love1:
    How I managed to not get frizz with s&c and kcc is that I applied leave in and kcc per section. As opposed to applying leave in then sectioning and applying kcc.

comic-p.jpg
    I wanted to compare KCC to my results with Giovanni mousse. I used KCC today with the Giovanni direct leave in. I dont love this combo it gave me stringy, crunchy curls.

comic-p.jpg
    Woops im suppper late! Its available locally to me because I go to Howard lol. There is a location off Rhode Island ave, which offers the complete line of Kinky Curly. Girlll, I wish there was a location near Raleigh so that i could get it at home! There is a location in Charlotte which is pretty nice
    Anita Grant: Creamy Cafe Latte, Rhassoul DC, Babassu Amla Shampoo Bar, Monoi De Tahiti
    Homemade: Jamila Henna, Alba UnPetroleum Mix, Scalp Oil Blend, Aloe/Condish Spray, Condition Rinse (Aussie Moist & Mane and Tail)
    There is a location in Charlotte

I just found out about it. I've already been and my mom and sister might be getting some Kinky-Curly gifts this Christmas.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file