Ingredient pros, your expertise please!

swirldropsswirldrops Posts: 152Registered Users
Forgive me, but I'm still not 100% confident in being able to detect ingredients that don't agree with my curls and I just want to be sure these are protein free (and ideally CG friendly) before I order. Huge TIA!

Shea Moisture Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioner:
Shea Butter, Deionized Water, Herbal Complex, Panthenol, Centromonium Chloride, Glycerin, Cocoa Butter, Aloe Vera, Jojoba Oil, Vitamin E

[buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Blended-Beauty-Light-Styling-Lotion-p-547.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=blended-beauty-light-styling-lotion]Blended Beauty Light Styling Lotion[/buylink]:
Aqua (enriched with/avec Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Powder and Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower Powder), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Behentrimonium Methosulfate (and) Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Methosulfate (and) Cetyl Alcohol (and) Butylene Glycol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Glycerin, Capryl Isostearate, Soy Lecithin, Polysorbate 20, Perfume, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Preservative [Propylene Glycol (and) Diazolidinyl Urea (and) Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate], Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Silk Powder.

Karen's Body Beautiful Hair Milk <--- I'm thinking the liquid silk protein might be a problem, hmm?
Purified Water, Jojoba Oil, Avocado Oil, Vegetable Wax, Panthenol, Extracts of Arnica Flowers, Calendula Flowers, Echinacea, Nettle, & Horsetail, Liquid Silk Protein, Wheat Germ Oil, Essential and/or Fragrance Oils, Natural Enzymes & Vitamin E

And I cant find the ingredients on these two, but I'm interested in 'em...

Honey-Hemp Conditioner

[buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Oyin-Handmade-Greg-Juice-p-190.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=oyin-greg-juice-nourishing-herbal-leavein]Greg Juice[/buylink] - nourishing herbal leave-in
Type: Course & thick. According to everyone's input, 2c w/ 3a potential.
Color: Brown w/ highlights & annoying grays which I color.
Length: Past shoulders w/ layers.
Issues: Dryness, knots & more dryness!
Poo: Deva Lo-Poo 1 x week, Clarify 1-2 x month
CO Wash: Suave Tropical Coconut (but looking for something else b/c I suspect protein issues)
Condish: GVPCB, LVPNG
Leave-Ins: Was loving KBB Milk & Nectar, but overused them. Usually just leave-in some of what I CO with.
Styling: Biolage Gelee

Comments

• JuicyTubeJuicyTube Posts: 2,369Registered Users
    The vegetable wax in Karen's Body Beautiful Hair Milk doesn't look CG.

Honey-Hemp does have protein, but it is CG friendly.

Shea Moisture Shea Butter Leave In and Blended Beauty are CG friendly, but I don't know if they have proteins or not.

[buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Oyin-Handmade-Greg-Juice-p-190.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=oyin-greg-juice-nourishing-herbal-leavein]Greg Juice[/buylink] is protein free and CG friendly.
    3b-3c CG
  • EfrizzabethEfrizzabeth Curl Neophyte Posts: 8,792Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    And I cant find the ingredients on these two, but I'm interested in 'em...

Honey-Hemp Conditioner

[buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Oyin-Handmade-Greg-Juice-p-190.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=oyin-greg-juice-nourishing-herbal-leavein]Greg Juice[/buylink] - nourishing herbal leave-in

They're in CurlMart. :)
  • mysteryflavoredmysteryflavored Curl Novice Posts: 1,271Registered Users Curl Novice
    HoneyHemp has silk amino acids at the bottom of the ingreds list, which don't bother my protein-sensitive hair. The same thing with the BB, the silk powder is at the end of the list. It probably wouldn't have any affect.

Oh, and no proteins in the SheaM either.
  • swirldropsswirldrops Posts: 152Registered Users
    You guys are awesome! Thank you!
    Type: Course & thick. According to everyone's input, 2c w/ 3a potential.
    Color: Brown w/ highlights & annoying grays which I color.
    Length: Past shoulders w/ layers.
    Issues: Dryness, knots & more dryness!
    Poo: Deva Lo-Poo 1 x week, Clarify 1-2 x month
    CO Wash: Suave Tropical Coconut (but looking for something else b/c I suspect protein issues)
    Condish: GVPCB, LVPNG
    Leave-Ins: Was loving KBB Milk & Nectar, but overused them. Usually just leave-in some of what I CO with.
    Styling: Biolage Gelee

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file