SheaM as rinse out or DT?

Has anyone used SheaM as a rinse out-condish or a DT? I hear everyone talking about how thick it is, it seems like it might be good? I have some ordered and on the way, so I suppose I can try it out myself, but was wondering what others might have found... :)
3a , Botticelli - O Fine Silky per LOIS
Using: DevaCare NoPoo & OneC, AnGell, SIF; CK; re:coil; BSRHG; lavender/glycerin mist

password: curls

Comments

• hmkennyhmkenny Posts: 1,467Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    My hair is fine and I haven't tried it as a rinse out, but the consistency does not seem conducive to that. It's a little too heavy for me as a leave in too, so I'd be more inclined to use it as a deep treatment. I may try cutting it with other conditioners to use it as a leave in (as suggested by Echokitten). You could try that for rinse out purposes as well, but on it's own I don't think it would work as a rinse out -- too difficult to distribute and no slip, not a good detangler.
    3a/medium texture/normal porosity
  • woocurlzwoocurlz Posts: 51Registered Users
    Hmmmm, maybe as part of a DT then.... can't wait to experiment! Thanks for the reply!
    Using: DevaCare NoPoo & OneC, AnGell, SIF; CK; re:coil; BSRHG; lavender/glycerin mist

• FrizzBgoneFrizzBgone Posts: 2,678Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I love this stuff. When I first got it, I was worried about how thick it was. I have fine 2c, 3a hair, so I thought it would weigh it down. Even though it is thick, it spreads really well and didn't weigh my hair down. As a matter of fact, the only time I have ever gotten 2nd day hair is when I use the SheaM as a leave in.

I have tried cutting it as EchoKitten suggested and really like it that way as well.

The only complaint I have about the SheaM is that, because it is so thick, it can be difficult to get it out of the bottle. I wish they would put it in a tub (similar to Jessicurl's TS or WDT); it would be easier to get out and not waste any of the product.
    Type: 3a fine & dense,with normal porosity, terrible product junkie
    ROUTINE: LI, enhancer, gel, plop with Curlease towel, serum product (either CIAB or Gel-les'c), clip & diffuse.
    Too many favourite products to list ... I finally have my routine that works and alot of products to choose from. My product stash is huge, but well loved !!!
  • woocurlzwoocurlz Posts: 51Registered Users
    Just got it in the mail, and tried it as a rinse out CO - -LOVE IT! It reminds me a bit of the old Curls hair tea ectasy. I have really fine hair, so it detangled fine for me. And my fine hair loves really thick conditioners, so I have really been missing the Curls. I used it as a leave in as well, and am really pleased with the results!

• echokittenechokitten Posts: 1,751Registered Users
    FrizzBgone wrote: »
    The only complaint I have about the SheaM is that, because it is so thick, it can be difficult to get it out of the bottle. I wish they would put it in a tub (similar to Jessicurl's TS or WDT); it would be easier to get out and not waste any of the product.

I agree, that's why I'm saving an empty Jessicurl tub to put the SheaM in so I can just scoop out what I need instead of fighting with a squeeze bottle.
    Cincinnati Ohio>>>Coarse protein sensitive 3a, Jessicurl WDT as a leave in, Biotera gel, White Boots, PW= coffeecurls

"Man tries to exaggerate what nature has given him," Charles Darwin (1809-1882).

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -Sophia Loren
  • ZinniaZinnia Posts: 7,339Registered Users
    i store my bottle upside down. squeezing out product is now a lot easier.
    Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin
  • teshonteshon Posts: 1,127Registered Users
    echokitten wrote: »
    I agree, that's why I'm saving an empty Jessicurl tub to put the SheaM in so I can just scoop out what I need instead of fighting with a squeeze bottle.

Yeah, the very first time I used this conditioner, I didn't waste time messing around with the squeeze bottle. I automatically transfered it to a 8 oz. jar. After that I really didn't have to trouble myself with trying to get it out of the bottle with every use.
    3c-4a; Protein Sensitive(forms of wheat, keratin, soy and anything "hydrolyzed"). My hair hates coconut oil and jojoba oil(sometimes).
    http://photobucket.com/teshon PW: crazycurls
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/teshonandfamily
  • FrizzBgoneFrizzBgone Posts: 2,678Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    echokitten wrote: »
    FrizzBgone wrote: »

I'm going to do the same thing. I store it upside down, so it hasn't been too bad to get out of the bottle .. but I suspect it will be more difficult the closer it gets to the bottom.

I absolutely love this conditioner though. I have fine hair, but it isn't weighing it down.

The other thing I have found is that I don't end up with very crunchy hair .... I even used Joiwhip, which normally gives me a lot of crunch .... With the SheaM under it, no crunch and lots of soft curls.

I can't believe how awesome this conditioner is for such a good price. :wave:
    Type: 3a fine & dense,with normal porosity, terrible product junkie
    ROUTINE: LI, enhancer, gel, plop with Curlease towel, serum product (either CIAB or Gel-les'c), clip & diffuse.
    Too many favourite products to list ... I finally have my routine that works and alot of products to choose from. My product stash is huge, but well loved !!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file