Product application on TWAs?

preciousjewel76preciousjewel76 Posts: 679Registered Users Curl Novice
OK, so while I've enjoyed playing around with my hair since my BC, I just can't seem to get the whole product application thing down. :confused2: I've tried scrunching and "rake & smooth", but both methods seem to break up the clumps of curls and lead to fuzziness. :geek:

Is it even possible to successfully "rake & smooth" on just 3-4 inches of hair? How do those of you with short hair apply your products?
4A - dense, medium strands - APL/BSL - 3+ years natural!

:love7:YAY!: GF Triple Nutrition Conditioner, YTCu Color Care Conditioner, Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque, LOTD AV Gel, EVCO, JCN&S, KCCC, buns and updos!

Comments

• dsg-girlycurlydsg-girlycurly Posts: 343Registered Users
    I'm currently trying the rake and smooth method which has yielded excellent curl definition with minimal frizz. I'm still trying to learn to apply enough product without going overboard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

4A&B -- Henna and the entire Essential Balms product line; lately Carol's Daughter honey mimosa & black vanilla leave-in. Staple products are SheaMoisture, Aubrey Organics and Trader Joes Norish Spa conditioner, ACV and IC Fantasia Gel. I'm also Mixtress (I love making my own hair concoctions :glasses9:)

Be encouraged -- Cuzz Fuzz is what it Duzz!!

http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/w184/dsg373839/
  • kdcreighkdcreigh Posts: 736Registered Users
    OK, so while I've enjoyed playing around with my hair since my BC, I just can't seem to get the whole product application thing down. :confused2: I've tried scrunching and "rake & smooth", but both methods seem to break up the clumps of curls and lead to fuzziness. :geek:

Is it even possible to successfully "rake & smooth" on just 3-4 inches of hair? How do those of you with short hair apply your products?

You might want to try "squeezing" product into your hair.

Put product in your hand and rub your hands together. Then lean forward at the waist. Squeeze product into your hair. This shouldn't break up the curls.
    YES WE CAN!

kdcreigh 4a and b (who knows?:dontknow:)

Relegated to occasional lurking in order to keep the PJ in check!
    :lurk:

http://public.fotki.com/kdcreigh/
    PW: natural
  • curlicurli Posts: 857Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I also rake' n' smooth & I use about quarter to half dollar sized amoun of product. Application amount varies depending on weather etc.. & I DO NOT touch my hair until dry.. That causes frizzies & breaks up clumps..

HTH! :afro:
  • preciousjewel76preciousjewel76 Posts: 679Registered Users Curl Novice
    kdcreigh wrote:
    You might want to try "squeezing" product into your hair.

Put product in your hand and rub your hands together. Then lean forward at the waist. Squeeze product into your hair. This shouldn't break up the curls.

Hmmm, I'll have to try this, thanks!
    4A - dense, medium strands - APL/BSL - 3+ years natural!

:love7:YAY!: GF Triple Nutrition Conditioner, YTCu Color Care Conditioner, Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque, LOTD AV Gel, EVCO, JCN&S, KCCC, buns and updos!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file