SBB...leave in question!

foxycus02foxycus02 Posts: 918Registered Users
Sorry to shout you out but I know you've used both...Sooo SheaM vs [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Knot-Today-p-207.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-knot-today-leaveindetangler]KinkyCurly Knot Today[/buylink]?

I have KCC in my arsenal...I go back to it every few months. I just hate how long it takes my hair to dry :angry4: but it does give great results and its moisturizing.

Im weary of using the B5 mgmt gel for fear that long term use will dry out my hair :(

rockin' to the tune of her own beat...

comic-p.jpg

Comments

• curlywifecurlywife Posts: 198Registered Users
    Hey, sorry to chime in but I wanted to give my results of the B5. The gel worked great except for the fact that it irritated my scalp. It made my scalp itch like crazy. Thankfully, I was able to take it back to the whole foods store and get a store credit.

I wanted to say that each person's hair is different. There are products that work for some that may not work for others. IMO, if the B5 works for you, I'll continue to use it. With such great ingredients, I wished it would work for my hair:)
    4a-Cute, Coily, Curly Afro When Dry
    DT-Aubrey Organics White Camellia & Yes to Cucumbers
    Moisturizer-Oyin Shea butter & Oyin Burnt Sugar Pomade (my new love)
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • curlee-bcurlee-b Posts: 9Registered Users
    Hey Foxycus02, I was just looking at your pics and I looooove your hair. Your hair is about the length of mine when it's flat ironed. But my curls right now are hopeless. I see that you had some success with the Redken Ringlet product. I'm thinking of trying that. Any suggestions for applying it? Did you use any other products besides this?
  • foxycus02foxycus02 Posts: 918Registered Users
    Thanxs for replying SBB!

The ringlet worked well in the summer. Ringlet is a liquidy creamy so its very easy to apply. However, I used it over phyto phytojoba which I left mostly in. I havent really used it lately because I usually wear my hair pulled back and this product is not good for that.

Whats wrong with your curls?

comic-p.jpg
    Dry, dull and they come out more afroish. lol If that makes sense. I'd like them to be more defines.

http://public.fotki.com/beb880/the-start-of-my-journey/
    curlee-b wrote:
    Dry, dull and they come out more afroish. lol If that makes sense. I'd like them to be more defines.

http://public.fotki.com/beb880/the-start-of-my-journey/

What are you using on your hair now? I just saw your fotki. To aid definition your curls need moisture. What I do to help definition with any product is use a good leave in or conditioner. Make sure my strands are well coated. Then I take my styling product and take sections. I use my fingers to separate ear to ear, and work my way up from my neck to forehead.

With Ringlet I had a huge bottle so I didnt mind wasting the product. but I have noticed that its mostly sold in a small tube. And you need a ton of product so I wouldnt recommend that.

comic-p.jpg
    Thanks for the info. Well since I've been straightening my hair for so long I just do a regular conditioning with with either Pantene Relaxed and Natural or H20 Milk conditioner. After reading the boards I bought Aubrey Organics Honey Suckle Conditioner and a Jane Carter Revitalizer Leave-In. Last night was the first time using it. I washed it out after a couple hours and put some Herbal Essence gel on it and the Jane Carter Leave in and let it air dry. It'll probably take a few more conditioning treatments for my hair to get the moisture it needs. I'm going to try to keep the flat irons out of my head for at least the next month. Maybe 2. :-) Oh I also order the Shea Moisture Leave-In and Shampoo and I'm thinking about trying the Henna. I'm a little scared though. Thanks again for your help.
    curlee-b wrote:
    Thanks for the info. Well since I've been straightening my hair for so long I just do a regular conditioning with with either Pantene Relaxed and Natural or H20 Milk conditioner. After reading the boards I bought Aubrey Organics Honey Suckle Conditioner and a Jane Carter Revitalizer Leave-In. Last night was the first time using it. I washed it out after a couple hours and put some Herbal Essence gel on it and the Jane Carter Leave in and let it air dry. It'll probably take a few more conditioning treatments for my hair to get the moisture it needs. I'm going to try to keep the flat irons out of my head for at least the next month. Maybe 2. :-) Oh I also order the Shea Moisture Leave-In and Shampoo and I'm thinking about trying the Henna. I'm a little scared though. Thanks again for your help.

Dont be scared of the Henna, Embrace the Henna. Beware though your color is pretty light and the Henna will come out a pretty bright auburn color.

Im glad you got the Honey Suckle Rose conditioner its really good and effective. Try putting your hair in shopping bag and wrapping a tshirt for 30 mins or apply some heat. It will work. I have never used the Jane carter leave in let me know what you think of it.

Pantene isnt that moisturizing long term so kudos on the switch.

comic-p.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file