CG success...pretty much

JamieVJamieV Posts: 158Registered Users
Its been awhile since I have visited this website (once I got the CG thing under control) I thank you all for the help and advice to get me going. I started CG in July I think. I have been CG ever since. I am a wavy...
I got my long hair cut (to kind of start over) As a result, my hair is currently healthier and shiner than it has ever been, people always comment on how shiny and silky it looks. I have NO frizz at all. I am growing it long again because I hate this bob I have. The only disappointment I have is my hair did not get more curly on CG. It tends to be less curly even. I used to consider it curly/wavy. Now it is just wavy. I do the baking soda or the lemonaid every so often and when I do, its a little curlier (only till the next cowash though). So I feel like I must get buildup very easily (even though I don't use proteins and I don't even use a leave in co & and i am 100% positiv my stuff is CG friendly) But anyway...CG is a success for me in every aspect but the 'getting more or better curls' part. But I think the waves I have are pretty and at least shiny and frizz free! I only straightened it one time since July and I actually hated it because I am so used to going natural now. Yay!
2c thick, heavy waves. Started CG (lo poo) in July '07. before that I straightened it and used hot rollers for years. pw wavy

Comments

• JamieVJamieV Posts: 158Registered Users
    I also updated my photos this morning. Check them out.
    2c thick, heavy waves. Started CG (lo poo) in July '07. before that I straightened it and used hot rollers for years. pw wavy
  • 2poodles2poodles Posts: 2,485Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I think your hair looks gorgeous! :love1: What styling products do you use?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2Poodles :flower: Southeast PA
    fine, med porosity, normal elasticity
    Currently using the following 2 - 3 x/week:
    Living Proof Perfect Hair Day suphate-free Poo, cone-free CO and styling treatment, plus KCCC

Thank you:)
    Sorry, I just now saw the question about what products I use. I kind of do the modified CG because I use sulfate free poo on my roots.
    I use a sulphate free shampoo (from the health food store) called Giovanni tea tree triple treat (on roots) and I use for co wash and conditioning V-05 Vitaburst and V-05 Tea Therapy (calming cammomile)
    These are protein free. I also have Devacurl Lo-Poo and One Condition. But I have not been using them lately because I was not sure about the proteins or even if I have a protein problem at all. (But they are good products)
    For gel (thanks to echokitten, actually she told me about the V-o5 co's too) I use Aura Hypo-Allergenic gel from Sally's. That gel is awesome! I also bought the Bioterra gel she suggested but it makes my hair feel yucky.
    The Aura stuff is wonderful, washes out easily and holds, but its soft.
    Oh and you have beautiful curls 2poodles. I saw your photos. :)
  • eweniqueewenique Posts: 1,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I've been wondering how your curly girl journey was going. Your hair looks so pretty! I'll bet that once your hair gets longer, it will spiral more and more. Welcome back!
    2C wavy with some spirals. CG since April 07. Medium texture and porosity.
    COs: Yes to Cucumbers
    Stylers: Miss Jessies Coily Custard, KCCC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Live Simply. Use Soap
    www.TheLatheredLamb.com
    www.EweniqueEssentials.artfire.com
    Thanks ewenique! I hope that will be the case:)
  • echokittenechokitten Posts: 1,751Registered Users
    I love your hair! It looks great, and healthy too.
    Cincinnati Ohio>>>Coarse protein sensitive 3a, Jessicurl WDT as a leave in, Biotera gel, White Boots, PW= coffeecurls

"Man tries to exaggerate what nature has given him," Charles Darwin (1809-1882).

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -Sophia Loren
    Thanks to your help echokitten...it is healthier:) Thank you!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file