Time to try a new gel... any suggest's?

swirldropsswirldrops Posts: 152Registered Users
I've been using Biolage Gelee for over a year now and I'm thinking it's time I tried something new. Soooo, any gels you all are loving? Ideally I'd like one that's easy to distribute and has medium to strong hold (which are the 2 things I like most about Gelee). Thanks!
Type: Course & thick. According to everyone's input, 2c w/ 3a potential.
Color: Brown w/ highlights & annoying grays which I color.
Length: Past shoulders w/ layers.
Issues: Dryness, knots & more dryness!
Poo: Deva Lo-Poo 1 x week, Clarify 1-2 x month
CO Wash: Suave Tropical Coconut (but looking for something else b/c I suspect protein issues)
Condish: GVPCB, LVPNG
Leave-Ins: Was loving KBB Milk & Nectar, but overused them. Usually just leave-in some of what I CO with.
Styling: Biolage Gelee

Comments

• EfrizzabethEfrizzabeth Curl Neophyte Posts: 8,792Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Fx Special Effects Curl Booster Fixative Gel, no proteins, no mineral oil, no drying alcohol, no wax of any kind, no silicones, scrunch out the pliable crunch for shiny chunky medium to strong hold curls.
  • eweniqueewenique Curl Neophyte Posts: 1,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    A lot of gals like Herbal Essence Set Me up or Body Envy gels. I've used both, but also use LA Looks Curl gel and am trying Alagio Curling Balm.
    2C wavy with some spirals. CG since April 07. Medium texture and porosity.
    COs: Yes to Cucumbers
    Stylers: Miss Jessies Coily Custard, KCCC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Live Simply. Use Soap
    www.TheLatheredLamb.com
    www.EweniqueEssentials.artfire.com
  • msgibletmsgiblet Posts: 5,825Registered Users
    I second the FX Special Effects Curl Booster Fixative Gel. Also, Fuzzy Duck, Abba Weightless, Aveda Aloe & Flax Seed and Alagio CC.
    http://public.fotki.com/msgiblet/ - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11
    Fine, Thick, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Countess Balashi of Divi Beach in the Order of the Curly Crusaders :occasion5:

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FrizzBgoneFrizzBgone Curl Neophyte Posts: 2,678Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    msgiblet wrote:
    I second the FX Special Effects Curl Booster Fixative Gel. Also, Fuzzy Duck, Abba Weightless, Aveda Aloe & Flax Seed and Alagio CC.

Can't speak to the FX Special Effects Curl Booster, but other than that MS has quoted all my fav's ! :laughing9:
    Type: 3a fine & dense,with normal porosity, terrible product junkie
    ROUTINE: LI, enhancer, gel, plop with Curlease towel, serum product (either CIAB or Gel-les'c), clip & diffuse.
    Too many favourite products to list ... I finally have my routine that works and alot of products to choose from. My product stash is huge, but well loved !!!
  • gryantmarch2stepgryantmarch2step Posts: 454Registered Users
    BRHG
    B&A Gel
    3B~Botticelli/3C~ Corkicelli~Blonde
    Faves: B&A Gel, BRHG, ReCoil, KC Knot Today, Curl Junkie CCCC

PW: dmbcurls
  • JuicyTubeJuicyTube Posts: 2,369Registered Users
    ISO daily styling gel
    3b-3c CG
  • Aries_jbAries_jb Posts: 1,556Registered Users
    Volumaxx styling gel from Sally's. It's CG if you need it, it's liquidy, fairly inexpensive and it gives great, shiny hold. Only drawback is, unlike Biolage, the smell is not stellar. It's kind of smells like a pinapple flavored LifeSaver. The upside is that it doesn't linger.
    www.myspace.com/littlemonkey0403
    3B that is no longer CG, but still endeavors to have healthy hair by not using sulfates.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file