robert jordan books?

itsjustmeghanitsjustmeghan Registered Users Posts: 652
has anyone read the Robert Jordan series "The Wheel of Time"?
my husband has read this series about 5-6 times, and he was talking me into it. i'm a HUGE fan of lord of the rings, so i finally picked the first one up.
i have to say, i'm totally hooked! they're awesome! i love the characters, the world he's created, the creatures, the different people, everything. it's one adventure after another, with lots of twists and turns, love, war, magic, tales, evil vs good...it's just an awesome read!
with it being so hot this summer, we've been hanging out a lot indoors. we don't have television, so i'm reading a TON! i'm on book 6 and i have to say, the entire series so far is awesome. each book is an adventure. there hasn't been one disappointing story yet.

so i guess i wanted to know if anyone else has enjoyed these? and if you haven't, and you enjoyed lord of the rings (books or the movie) they are definately worth the time! Plus, there are 11 books i think so far, and he's still around and writing more!!! so if you like one, you'll have entertainment for quite some time! :D
3A Once again on the quest for BSL healthy curly hair....

Comments

• Swirlycurly ChemistSwirlycurly Chemist Registered Users Posts: 335
    I fell in love with those books as well when I was in grad school. I read the first 4 or 5 that were already written and then read each new one that came out as they were released. There are a few problems but I don't think you should let them deter you from reading the series.

1. He takes entirely too long between books.
    2. He gets the plot(s) more convoluted and twisty with every new book.
    3. The result is that we seem to be making no progress toward an end.
    4. Too many characters eventually!

He just seemed to get more careless as he went along, and I, who was a diehard fan long after most abandoned hope, did not even buy or read the last book.

I totally enjoyed the first 9-10 of them though!! I may read the rest if he ever finishes the series.
    3A canopy with 3B underneath
    Low poo, not afraid of amine-based silicones or polyquats, silk proteins are good as well.
  • itsjustmeghanitsjustmeghan Registered Users Posts: 652
    he's supposed to be coming out with yet ANOTHER new one in september. my husband was all bummed because he's not doing a book release in chicago. he was really hoping to meet him! hahaha

i haven't been reading as much since this whole baby thing. it's seriously kicking my ass!!! as soon as i sit down for a few seconds? i'm out cold!
    i'm hoping that stops soon, because i want to keep reading them! especially this fall! for some reason, it's so much more fun to read adventure books in the fall to me!
    3A Once again on the quest for BSL healthy curly hair....
  • curly-jencurly-jen Registered Users Posts: 22
    ...Rest in Peace...

I've read the first two then dot distracted and haven't got back to them yet i felt the second one got a bit boring and long winded so i'm not sure if i'll carry on with the rest. i suppose i will eventually
    Type: 3a with some 2c and 3b bits inbetween

Products: trying out a few till i find the best

Hair likes: coconut oil!

Hair hates: Humidity - i live on the coast of SA so i can't avoid that

closet curly just come out of the closet with vengeance :geek:
  • waterlily716waterlily716 Registered Users Posts: 781
    curly-jen wrote: »
    ...Rest in Peace...

I've read the first two then dot distracted and haven't got back to them yet i felt the second one got a bit boring and long winded so i'm not sure if i'll carry on with the rest. i suppose i will eventually

You are referring to Mr. Jordan's death yes? :sad5:

Anyways, I read this whole series and I do agree that they got a bit long winded and twisty towards the end, but it was definitely worth it. I think Jordan and Tolkein basically pave the way for fantasy series. (I loved LOTR too.)

It turns out that one of my favorite authors, Brandon Sanderson,is going to be writing the last book (with help from Harriet Jordan). I'm so excited! It's supposed to come out in 2009, and it's going to be 2000 pages or so!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blob5:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    3a/b low to normal porosity curls
    CG method since 2006 @:-)
    CO wash: suave naturals coconut
    rinse out CO: GVP conditioning balm
    stylers: KCNT, CK, jessicurl spiralicious
    @waterlily716 on YouTube, FB, & Twitter
    Blog: Curls and Blossoms

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights