Drugstore conditioner?

quthrt17quthrt17 Posts: 69Registered Users
Does anyone know of a good moisturizing conditioner for curly hair from a drugstore (that may also help control breakage when I comb it through)?
*quthrt17*

Step 1: Shampoo every day or every other day with either Graham Webb Making Waves or Herbal Essences Hello Hydration

Step 2: Condition every day with either Graham Webb Making Waves or Herbal Essences Hello Hydration. Finger comb through and let sit for the rest of my shower

Step 3: Rake in one pump of TIGI Curls Rock Amplifier and then scrunch.

This routine is working pretty well for me...... and it is simple

Comments

• JuicyTubeJuicyTube Posts: 2,369Registered Users
    biolage conditioning balm
    3b-3c CG
  • swirldropsswirldrops Posts: 152Registered Users
    Best one I've found is Nutri Gloss Conditioner for Curly Medium To Long hair (pink bottle). Here's a pic on ulta.com, but you can get it at any drugstore.
    http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?skuId=2143678&productId=prod2143678&navAction=push&navCount=1[/quote]
    Type: Course & thick. According to everyone's input, 2c w/ 3a potential.
    Color: Brown w/ highlights & annoying grays which I color.
    Length: Past shoulders w/ layers.
    Issues: Dryness, knots & more dryness!
    Poo: Deva Lo-Poo 1 x week, Clarify 1-2 x month
    CO Wash: Suave Tropical Coconut (but looking for something else b/c I suspect protein issues)
    Condish: GVPCB, LVPNG
    Leave-Ins: Was loving KBB Milk & Nectar, but overused them. Usually just leave-in some of what I CO with.
    Styling: Biolage Gelee
  • ringletcurlringletcurl Posts: 40Registered Users
    Suave Professional Humectant
  • helloitsiohelloitsio Posts: 1,369Registered Users Curl Novice
    swirldrops wrote: »
    Best one I've found is Nutri Gloss Conditioner for Curly Medium To Long hair (pink bottle). Here's a pic on ulta.com, but you can get it at any drugstore.
    http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?skuId=2143678&productId=prod2143678&navAction=push&navCount=1

I second nutrigloss. Although I can do without the scent (powdery), it's a great condish
    2 b/c :: slight protein sensitivity :: med/coarse texture :: normal porosity

http://public.fotki.com/Helloitsio/
    http://skinandhairjunkie.wordpress.com/
  • shellynotshellynot Posts: 1,140Registered Users
    trader joe's essential conditioner.. love that stuff.
    2c/3a
    curl blog
    curl album

"Your head is like a crown on you.
    It is as beautiful as Mount Carmel.
    Your hair is as smooth as purple silk.
    I am captured by your flowing curls."
    Song of Solomon 7:5 (NIRV)

• violaviola Posts: 224Registered Users
    Another vote for Loreal here. I like the Color Vive for Color-treated dry hair b/c it has the a-cone. But it's missing the jojoba oil that the nutri-gloss has, so I add my own jojoba oil. Nice substitute for One-C. The nutri-gloss looks good, but I gotta have my a-cone.:tongue5::)
  • MagooMagoo Posts: 2,173Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I like Tigi Bedhead Moisture Maniac. It's a bit on the more expensive side for drugstore ($10-12) but I can usually find it at Rite-Aid or even my local supermarket. I also like VO5 Chamomile Tea therapy because it helps me detangle my curls without pulling on them and that's usually only 99cents.
    3b/c fine, thick, porous, protein sensitive
    Modified CG, CJ Rehab, JCWDT, KCKT, VO5 Chamomile Tea Therapy, CJDF, HEBE Gel/Mousse, Bioinfusion Rosemary Mint shampoo, occasional protein

Experimenting with BRHG

"If you want the rainbow, you've gotta put up with the rain"
  • jlpmom23jlpmom23 Posts: 755Registered Users
    If you have a Walgreens in your area, I would highly suggest Yes to Carrots brand conditioner. It is $8, but the bottle is pretty big, 16.9 oz. I believe. And if you watch the Walgreens ads, it goes on sale once a month, buy 1 get 1 half off.

I just love this stuff! If you happen to shampoo, their shampoo is awesome too. It does have a sulfate, but oddly, leaves my hair feeling better than ANY of the sulfate-free or "gentle" poos that I have tried.

I am including sets of this to most of the gals on my shopping list this Christmas, I like it that much!
  • BrioBrio Posts: 1,432Registered Users
    jlpmom23 wrote: »
    If you have a Walgreens in your area, I would highly suggest Yes to Carrots brand conditioner. It is $8, but the bottle is pretty big, 16.9 oz. I believe. And if you watch the Walgreens ads, it goes on sale once a month, buy 1 get 1 half off.

I just love this stuff! If you happen to shampoo, their shampoo is awesome too. It does have a sulfate, but oddly, leaves my hair feeling better than ANY of the sulfate-free or "gentle" poos that I have tried.

I am including sets of this to most of the gals on my shopping list this Christmas, I like it that much!

I like this stuff, too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Frizz Happens!
    my Fotki hair journey/experiment diary PW is brio (and I really need to update it!)

3A hair; coloring with henna/indigo since July 2009; normally follow the CG method. Still searching for my HG products!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file