Whenever I eat in front of my baby girl

medussamedussa Registered Users Posts: 12,993
she looks at me with such longing. She actually licks her lips.

If I'm holding her, she tries to grab the food out of my hands.

For some reason I feel bad. Like I'm depriving her. :(

She'll be 5 months old on December 10th.

Comments

• geekygeeky Registered Users Posts: 4,995
    To quote Webbie:
    Lex is super interested in my car keys and cell phone. Does that mean that he's ready to call long distance and go for a spin in the truck?

Is she sitting up well? Is she good at picking things up?

More signs your baby is ready for solids

I am sure she is just curious about everything. Also what are you depriving her of? Nasty-ass baby cereal that tastes like watered down cardboard? I would just take the yummy warm mommy milk myself.
    To Trenell, MizKerri and geeky:
    I pray none of you ever has to live in a communist state.

Geeky is my hero. She's the true badass. The badass who doesn't even need to be a badass. There aren't enough O's in cool to describe her.
  • webjockeywebjockey Registered Users Posts: 2,786
    Think about it from her perspective - you're like an action figure with moveable parts that do all sorts of new stuff every day. That would excite any kid. Sometimes the classics - like chewing - never gets old to watch.
    hello.world.
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Registered Users Posts: 17,898 Curl Virtuoso
    medussa wrote:
    she looks at me with such longing. She actually licks her lips.

If I'm holding her, she tries to grab the food out of my hands.

For some reason I feel bad. Like I'm depriving her. :(

She'll be 5 months old on December 10th.

At what age were you planning to start her on solids/semisolids?
  • imagenimagen Registered Users Posts: 343
    Laura does the same thing! I feel the same way, like I am depriving her or I'm not feeding her enough, and I know that isn't really true. She is a couple months older though, so I am giving her some baby food, but darnit she wants what I have! I can't wait till she is ready for table food, with my luck though she'll become a picky eater all of a sudden!

Aidan was never this eager to eat table food, in fact we practically had to force him off of baby food. He is still a lazy eater.
  • medussamedussa Registered Users Posts: 12,993
    geeky wrote:
    To quote Webbie:
    Lex is super interested in my car keys and cell phone. Does that mean that he's ready to call long distance and go for a spin in the truck?

Is she sitting up well? Is she good at picking things up?

More signs your baby is ready for solids

I am sure she is just curious about everything. Also what are you depriving her of? Nasty-ass baby cereal that tastes like watered down cardboard? I would just take the yummy warm mommy milk myself.

I realize I haven't told you in quite some time how much I love you.

You made me laugh with your post.

Spiderlashes, I was going to wait until 6 or 7 months.
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Banned Users Posts: 24,963 Curl Neophyte
    :laughing9: :happy2: :love1: :clown:
  • PartyHairPartyHair Registered Users Posts: 7,713
    When my littlest nephew was about that age, he was fascinated with knitting. He LOVED to watch me knit. He'd sit for hours and watch me knit.

Pretty sure he didn't want to knit. He was just enjoying watching me do it. I have the feeling the same thing is going on with your beautiful baby girl, medussa - she's interested in YOU and what you're doing, not necessarily in the food you're eating.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rock on with your bad self.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Be excellent to each other. ~ Abraham Lincoln

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • CurlieGlamourGirlieCurlieGlamourGirlie Registered Users Posts: 1,198
    My nephew (who is also 5 months) is doing the same thing. Will make a grab at whatever we're eating. Sneaky boy stuck his mitt in a puddle of syrup on my sister's plate and then quickly stuck it in his mouth! And after I had eaten a banana grabbed my fingers and stuck them in his mouth!
    3b (I think!)
    HGs - Suave Nexxus Knockoff, Jessicurl Weekly DT, L'Oreal Out of Bed, HESMU.
    http://public.fotki.com/CurlyGlamourGirlie
    http://curlyglamourgirlie.blogspot.com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file