Anyone with alot of grey successfully use Natural Instincts?

cara4curlscara4curls Posts: 336Registered Users Curl Neophyte
I've been considering this, as my hair is somewhat longer now than in years past, due to letting it grow for 10 months(and had a recent, excellent haircut where not too much was cut off), and I am concerned about contuining to use permanent color on my hair, as good as it looks. Has anyone had success with NI for this?
No, I don't want to go with Robert Craig as I'd prefer to shop locally at my drugstore.
health-conscious, visionary artist in transition

Comments

• CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,573Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    cara4curls wrote:
    I've been considering this, as my hair is somewhat longer now than in years past, due to letting it grow for 10 months(and had a recent, excellent haircut where not too much was cut off), and I am concerned about contuining to use permanent color on my hair, as good as it looks. Has anyone had success with NI for this?
    No, I don't want to go with Robert Craig as I'd prefer to shop locally at my drugstore.

Spill it! Where did you get your hair cut?! Please LMK. :)

I used to use NI long ago, but was not happy with the fading and brassiness due to the amount of peroxide, etc.
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
  • ChrysovyiChrysovyi Posts: 110Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    cara4curls wrote:
    Iand I am concerned about contuining to use permanent color on my hair, as good as it looks. Has anyone had success with NI for this?

I haven't used that particular dye, but I've been using an ammonia free/low peroxide dye for a few years, which I think is what the NI has isn't it? The one I used was Naturtint, which is labelled permanent, but seemed a lot less damaging than the ammonia dyes I'd used in the past. It covered grey very well, although I needed to follow the 'stubborn hair' route of leaving it a bit longer on the grey roots. I think no ammonia dyes can colour grey hair well - I have about 50% grey - but I found they do fade a little more.

I'm going to have to start using a semi-permanent too, but I need one without PPD as I've developed an allergy to it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file