Shampoo and Robert Craig color

jillipoojillipoo Posts: 3,795Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Before I take the plunge and finally do this RC deed, I have a quick question for you all. The directions on the box say to shampoo after rinsing it all out. Is this necessary, do you think? (I have sworn off shampoo of all kinds and haven't even shampooed after applying Matrix color in the salon.) I think it's safe to skip -- and just conditioner-wash my hair after rinsing -- but I thought I'd double-check with those of you who know....
3a and strictly CG since August 2007. Porous and on the fine side. No to magnesium sulfate and glycerin. Yes to protein! Favorites:
CO-WASHES: Suave Coconut
CONDITIONERS and LEAVE-INS: Mop Top Daily Conditioner, KBB Nectar, Aubrey GPB or Island Naturals, Robert Craig, Any Jessicurl
CURL ENHANCERS/CREMES/MOUSSES: KCCC, JoiWhip
GELS: Fuzzy Duck, B5 Design, MGA Scultping, BRHG

Fotki password: chuckle
Blog: http://jillipoo.blogspot.com/
Twitter: nopoojillipoo

Comments

• CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,573Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Yes, it is OK to just conditioner wash. :) Be sure to have clean hair before you color (no stylers, conditioners, etc). Good luck! :D Take pictures! ;)
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Yes I think it is. I'd rather not have chemical residue hanging out and shampooing helps to get the last of the extra color out.
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • jillipoojillipoo Posts: 3,795Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Thanks, ladies! Appreciate the advice. I'm off now to fulfill my mission....
    3a and strictly CG since August 2007. Porous and on the fine side. No to magnesium sulfate and glycerin. Yes to protein! Favorites:
    CONDITIONERS and LEAVE-INS: Mop Top Daily Conditioner, KBB Nectar, Aubrey GPB or Island Naturals, Robert Craig, Any Jessicurl

jillipoo wrote:
    Thanks, ladies! Appreciate the advice. I'm off now to fulfill my mission....
    Did you color? How did it come out? :)
  • jillipoojillipoo Posts: 3,795Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Hmmm. Yes, I've done it. The jury is still out, though, I think.

I really only needed to cover my gray roots. I must have done a sloppy job because here and there, I missed them entirely! In other spots, though, things look okay. I need better lighting to see it clearly, but it looks to me like I need another go-around with the color. (Coffee Brown seemed like it matched my natural color, so I bought Golden Brown *and* Coffee Brown, thinking I might combine them. I ended up just using the Golden Brown, though, preferring to err on the side of lightness rather than darkness. I think the result is a teeny bit too light, so when I do this again, I will probably combine them as I'd originally planned.)

Oh, and by the way, I contacted the woman who supposedly uses Robert Craig color in the bay area, and she never returned my calls. (Her name is Mollie Cummings and apparently, she's so busy she doesn't feel the need to respond to appointment requests.) I phoned her twice and she never got back to me, and when I told Robert Craig about it, they didn't much care. Pretty annoying, reallly -- I know that I'm not good at applying color and would not mind paying somebody to do it, but I can't find a professional willing to do it!

Yeah, I just colored my roots last night with sis (we do each other's) and she missed a few spots too. Kind of obvious with dark hair and silver roots! :shock: I'll probably just mix up a small amount and touch it up.

If your color is too light, try a 50/50 mix. How long did you leave it on? Maybe just more time would help too.

That's too bad about the hairdresser. Who did you speak to at RC's? I would think they would contact her, but then if she's *ultra busy* it may take a while. My deva-trained stylist is hard to contact as well, as she works limited hours and makes all the appts herself.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file